Robot Priest Weds Couple

alice29

Last May in Japan, one couple's wedding got the high-tech treatment when a robot priest presided over the ceremony. The I-Fairy robot, manufactured by Kokoro Co., became the first robot to lead a wedding ceremony.

The robot's voice and speech can be controlled by connecting it to a PC and, in addition to speaking, the I-Fairy can make gestures and dance, the company says.

But if you want to feature it at your next event, it will cost you: the I-Fairy's price tag is about $75,180. :biggrin: :smile:

What a world, this actually a new funny thing and question in my head, is it valid? I mean their relationship.

If the wedding is in Roman Catholic, which I am, then it is not valid. It is indeed a funny invention. They can use it in whatever ways but not in marriage or any other sacraments.

yeah this is really a fun wedding but i guess it's not valid as sacred person like a real priest can only make it valid. but if you're thinking of a second wedding then why not try this hi-tech one. :smile: some people are really weird that they want to be wed in different ways and in different places. :biggrin:

it is really weird, i would still prefer a human, anyways here in my country there is not shortage of human priest so i think no one will experience that kind of thing

no, neng, in the philippines, we have few priests. The problem is that many couples are not getting married in the church that is why there is only few weddings in the churches. that is still bad news though.

it's not really that weird to have a robot priest, and i want to try that someday. just try to accept that we are in the generation that almost everything is upgrading or changing. :rolleyes: means i'd like to have it as my second wedding! :biggrin: just for fun.

Archived