Chocolate Chips

Rate this topic

According to Nestle, Mrs. Wakefield (owner of the Toll House Inn) was making chocolate cookies but ran out of regular baker’s chocolate, so she substituted it with broken pieces of semi-sweet chocolate, thinking that it would melt and mix into the batter. It clearly did not, and the chocolate chip cookie was born. Wakefield sold the recipe to Nestle in exchange for a lifetime supply of chocolate chips (instead of patenting it and making billions!) Every bag of Nestle chocolate chips in North America has a variation of her original recipe printed on the back (margarine is now included both as a variant on butter and for those people who want to pretend it is healthy). B)

• 3 weeks later...

@pjbabia

If you wanted to know the success story of people who is founder of those chococalates, I think you can find out in wikipedia. That's great library online.

yeah it's so easy to find history of anything but it's better to look for unique origins just like this one i posted. :biggrin: i like discovering amazing creations!

well looks like you are fond of food too alice, i am also fond of cooking guess we have the same hobby

wow neng, you like to cook? do you cook good? what recipe do you know? Me, I am learning, I am not in culinary school, but I look for online stuffs to learn cooking. I tried Siomai. I chose that because one store here sells siomai and it is extremely delicious.

*Siomai - steam meat wrapped in a wrapper originated from Japan.

@alice

You're so curious and you are great to share in here, thanks for your sharing. If you had another story, you can post in here again. I will be glad to hear that.

yes i agree with andry your post is really informative actually i had copied it and print it out so i could let my friends reaqd it too

wow neng, you like to cook? do you cook good? what recipe do you know? Me, I am learning, I am not in culinary school, but I look for online stuffs to learn cooking. I tried Siomai. I chose that because one store here sells siomai and it is extremely delicious.

*Siomai - steam meat wrapped in a wrapper originated from Japan.

yes i do cook most i wanted to cook is the adobo, I am sure you are familiar with that dish as this is a local dish on our country

@alice

I like chocolate too but I don't like to find out its history, I only like to eat it hahaha... That's good then, you can share us the story of it, maybe you can share us again the story of another companies :D

yeah sure, as long as a lot of members are interested with this kind topic then i will post more. i like reading different reactions. well i just find it cool having a knowledge or history of anything. i like getting infos on what i usually eat. :smile:

yeah sure, as long as a lot of members are interested with this kind topic then i will post more. i like reading different reactions. well i just find it cool having a knowledge or history of anything. i like getting infos on what i usually eat. :smile:

so how about you alice, what are the recipes you can cook?