Ice Cream Cones

Rate this topic

This story is a perfect example of serendipity, and a single chance encounter leading to worldwide repercussions. It’s also rather sweet.

Before 1904, ice cream was served on dishes. It wasn’t until the World’s Fair of that year, held in St Louis, Missouri, that two seemingly unrelated foodstuffs became inexorably linked together.

At this particularly sweltering 1904 World’s Fair, a stall selling ice cream was doing such good business that they were quickly running out of dishes. The neighboring stall wasn’t doing so well, selling Zalabia – a kind of wafer thin waffle from Persia – and the stall owner came up with the idea of rolling them into cone shapes and popping the ice cream on top. Thus the ice cream cone was born – and it doesn’t look like dying out any time soon. B)

• 3 weeks later...

I love icecream very much. But I never knew the history behind this. Who knows in later we will see icecream in a new look rather than in a dish or a cone. ;)

yes that's possible because people are creative, they always come up with new ideas about things. :biggrin: so what do you have in mind spide, how do you want your ice cream being served? i also like it on bread. :smile:

@alice

It tastes good too if we combined ice cream with bread, I loved that too. I think bread can change cone in ice cream.

i love ice cream too. to make it tasty, i prefer using bread crumb covering dark chocolate. i think in the future we can see much more type and design of the ice cream. i love to see that and tasting it.

wow, it's nice to know that you also like the combination i said here. :smile: that's what i usually ate for snack when i was a child. and of course until now but not that much. :smile: i'm thinking of something unique than cones! :smile:

what about fried mashed potato to replace cones? it will be good i think since it will be some salty taste from fried mashed potato with sweet ice cream on top. do you think the taste will be good?

what about fried mashed potato to replace cones? it will be good i think since it will be some salty taste from fried mashed potato with sweet ice cream on top. do you think the taste will be good?

i don't know lol have you tried it already? well it's healthy so no problem about that replacing the cones. what about other vegetables like the bitter melon lol you cut it in half. guess that will have a weird taste! :biggrin:

• 8 years later...