The Slinky

Rate this topic

What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs, and makes a slinkity sound? Well, originally it was just a spring falling off a desk. To be more precise, it was the desk belonging to marine engineer Richard James, who sometime in 1940 noticed that when the spring fell, it stumbled and tumbled across the floor for a while before laying to rest. After a few prototypes, the Slinky was ready to be introduced to toy stores in 1948, where it became one of the most popular and iconic toys of all time.

James’ wife Betty was the one who came up with the name “Slinky”, and has been CEO of the company since 1960. Over 250 million Slinkies have been sold worldwide, and they were even used as mobile radio antennae during the Vietnam war. B)

post-3384-0-81049600-1296534023_thumb.pn

post-3384-0-81049600-1296534023_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

ah, yes, i remember, we also call it rainbow spring because of its colors. i miss the "fun" i have with that toy when i was young.

okay it's good that you remember it now lol. i think you're too young to be forgetful already. :biggrin: i wonder if you still have the toy in your closet. :wacko:

okay it's good that you remember it now lol. i think you're too young to be forgetful already. :biggrin: i wonder if you still have the toy in your closet. :wacko:

no, i am pretty sure that we do not have it by now.. i used to have one but i am sure it was damaged... i am forgetful maybe it was because of the anestesia injected to me when i got accident..

no, i am pretty sure that we do not have it by now.. i used to have one but i am sure it was damaged... i am forgetful maybe it was because of the anestesia injected to me when i got accident..

so is that your final answer that you dont have it anymore in the house lol. :biggrin: i dont remember whatever happened to mine, i guess i lost it. so now i know why you're being forgetful, i hope you won't forget your name, or me lol :biggrin:

so is that your final answer that you dont have it anymore in the house lol. :biggrin: i dont remember whatever happened to mine, i guess i lost it. so now i know why you're being forgetful, i hope you won't forget your name, or me lol :biggrin:

of course not.. i forget only those are not significant to my memory... and also i forget through time...hehehehe that is guaranteed hhehee