Why Do We Dream?

alice29

All our dreams have something to do with our emotions, fears, longings, wishes, needs, and memories. But something on the 'outside' may influence what we dream. If a person is hungry, tired, or cold, his dreams may well include these feelings. If the covers have slipped off your bed, you may dream you are on an iceberg.

There are people called psychoanalyst who have made a special study of why people dream. They believe that dreams are expressions of wishes that did not come true. In other words, a dream is a way of having your wish fulfilled. During sleep, according to this theory, our inhibitions are also asleep.

B)

I remember Joseph the dreamer..

Well, i agree with you alice. But there are also times that dreams convey things in the past and/or things that are about to happen in the near future (or far future).. but most generally, we dream because it is what our subconscious is thinking about.

I also remember the movie Inception.. nice movie!

yes, its actually three, the past, present and the future. before my father was hospitalized i always dream of being in a hospital walking in the hallway. didn't know then that i'm going to spent so many days being there taking care of my father.

i haven't seen "inception" yet. thats leo dicaprio movie, i'll check on that. :cool:

guess i really need to check the movie to know if it's related or not to dreams. i'm getting confuse with you guys. if i remember my dreams when i wake up in the morning i look for it's meaning right away. but sometimes there are different interpretation to it. :cool:

Let me take part in this discussion. I liked "Inception", but I think this movie doesn't have much common with our real dreams

of course it is not realistic, because that movie is fictional. imagine, you get inside your dream and control your dream, how is that possible with our technology now? maybe in the next 100 years, it is possible.

Yes and no, In the Movie Inception, there they use a gadget where they install in their body while they sleep. So who ever is joined in that gadget, then they are part of the same dream. Our dream is the same. It is like the movie Matrix but the difference is that in Matrix, you go to a computer world. In Inception, you go to dream world. That is the story about.

WIKIPEDIA

In a world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a highly skilled thief is given a final chance at redemption which involves executing his toughest job to date: Inception.

from IMDB

we can do it in reality? how? in reality, yes, we can control a bit in our dreams. but we really cant control them to the maximum level, we even forgot our dream when we wake up. how much more we enter in a dream world and dream also the dream of the other person. Just try to watch it so that you will know what i mean.

whats the magic on it? it was a movie scene, i was just comparing it to being happen to dreams. besides there's no magic in the world, it's the world of trick only. :biggrin: its kinda funny because dreams usually the opposite but sometimes it becomes real right away like a child dreaming of peeing in bed. :biggrin:

Archived