How To Disable A Stolen Mobile Phone

alice29

How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #

A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe.

When your phone gets stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones. B)

It may not be used but I think it can be sold but of course to lower prices. The thief can still make money out of it at least.

Wellllll...

It would have to be someone not too smart, not to check and make sure it is working, before paying anything for it...

Unless they just wanted it for LOOKS cool.gif

they can't use the phone as a whole, but maybe they can remove other parts and transfer it to another one. i mean they can sell the parts to cellphone shops. B)

indeed, it is a wise move by the thief.. They can sell it to shop who can dismantle the phone and make use of it at least.

It may not be used but I think it can be sold but of course to lower prices. The thief can still make money out of it at least.

They can sell it to repair shops. If the phone concerned here is an original one (not reconditioned or china phone (sorry china) model) the parts are worth something.

• 2 weeks later...

It's good sharing from you alice, I never knew about this kind of thing until you shared me here. I will do that and I am agree with you, although we couldn't get our phone back, at least the thief can't use it anymore too.

thanks, it can also ease our frustrations in losing our phones that we treasured most and worked hard for to get. :biggrin: i just hope it works on your model (phone). but you know people are sometimes the one to be blame for losing their phones for being so careless. :wacko:

@alice

Yes, you're right. Sometimes we lost our mobilephone because of our own careless but at least they couldn't use it anymore if they didn't want to give it back to us. Anyway, if we have disabled it, can we enable it again?

@alice

Yes, you're right. Sometimes we lost our mobilephone because of our own careless but at least they couldn't use it anymore if they didn't want to give it back to us. Anyway, if we have disabled it, can we enable it again?

@alice

Oh okay thanks for your informations. If we can enable it, that was useless because the thief could do that too.

i don't think the thief knows how to enable it. :rolleyes: they will sell it quickly. and if you called the phone company to disable then it won't be enable again unless you the owner told them to. :smile:

i don't think the thief knows how to enable it. :rolleyes: they will sell it quickly. and if you called the phone company to disable then it won't be enable again unless you the owner told them to. :smile:

what if the thief is a computer or cellphone technician, they he could fix it on his own.

Archived