Being Grateful As Traders

Rate this topic

“Education is incredibly important for traders. Traders should look to educate themselves as much as they can along their trading journey.” – James Hughes

In USA, Thanksgiving Day is around the corner. Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Several other places around the world observe similar celebrations. It is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States and on the second Monday of October in Canada (definition source: Wikipedia.org). This year, Canada celebrated their Thanksgiving Day on October 13, 2014; the US will celebrate theirs on November 27, 2014.

The essence of this holiday is to give thanks. In trading also there are many things we can give thanks for. We tend to complain and fret over the disadvantages we think we face, without thinking of the advantages we enjoy. When we ponder the blessings we enjoy in our trading career (as well as in life), those seeming disadvantages pale into insignificance.

During my quite time, many reasons to be thankful as a trader came to my mind. Obviously, traders now enjoy great tools and services that were not available to those who were speculating just a few decades ago. Here are some of the reasons to be thankful. There are many more reasons than these. Could you think of additional reasons?

1. We’re grateful for the opportunity to trade and invest our money.

2. We’re grateful for good brokers out there who treat their clients fairly.

3. We’re grateful for funds managers who help us make profits by managing our funds. We’re grateful for great opportunities like copy trading/social trading, winning signals services, etc. which help us make money.

4. We’re grateful for regulatory bodies that regulate brokers, financial institutions, etc. They make financial markets safer for us to trade.

5. We’re grateful for cutting-edge trading platforms, data feeds and other tools that are available to us.

6. We’re grateful for free and paid education materials that are available to us. We enjoy trading education through various means, including books, DVDs, trading rooms, webinars, etc.

7. We’re thankful for many career opportunities that are available in the world of trading.

8. We’re grateful for winning trading systems and software – manual, semi-automated and automated strategies that are at our disposal. There are many strategies out there that work.

9. We’re thankful for those analytical tools and indicators that are available to us. These things help us to analyze the markets objectively.

10. We’re thankful for the fact that trading is a fantastic life-style. We can trade anywhere in the world as long as we have access to a good Internet connection.

11. We’re thankful that the markets don’t discriminate on the basis of nationality, gender, religion, education background, race, tribe, color, etc. The markets are a level playing ground, offering anyone an equal opportunity to be successful irrespective of the aforementioned factors.

12. We’re grateful that there are many good trading coaches the world over. They help us master various aspects of trading psychology, risk management, positions sizing, trading systems, chart patterns, trend cycles, etc. These coaches are selfless and altruistic individuals who love to help struggling traders. As for me, when the going was tough and I wanted to quit, I was inspired by successful coaches who made me realize that there are people who’re making consistent profits and that I can be successful too.

13. We’re thankful for the riches and financial freedom the markets proffer. Many people have made billions of dollars as traders and some of them are among the richest individuals on this planet. You mayn’t become a billionaire (or even a millionaire), but you can become financially free and live a fulfilled life. I define financial freedom as being able to meet your basic needs and still save money for future use.

14. We’re grateful for the availability of positive expectancy – which makes us make money regardless of occasional losses. If there were someone who can’t lose in the markets, that person would soon have all the money in the world. We do the right things to get the right results. The secret to trading success is in controlling your losses and adding to your winners.

15. We’re grateful that the markets don’t offer short-cuts to lasting success. More haste in trading is equal to less speed. Short-cuts are very dangerous. Those who take short-cuts are trying to dodge realities, but realities will face them eventually.

16. We’re grateful for the movement and liquidity present in the markets. Super rich individuals don’t seek to double their portfolios overnight. Instead, they seek slow and steady returns (which translate into great wealth over time). Retracements in the markets can be played by any trader, since they reflect smoothing of positions by large financial establishments. The smoothing of positions by large financial establishments sometimes cause contrarian movements in the markets, which are sometimes called significant rallies or dips.

17. We’re thankful that we’re free moral agents who can choose what our fate will be. Being active in the markets is a matter of interest and choice. When you’re interested in something, no-one needs to beg you or persuade you constantly before you do it. You’d even be willing to spend your time, resources and energy in order to master what you’re interested in. But if you aren’t interested in something, you won’t do it no matter how much noise is made about it, even if you’re persuaded again and again.

The list can go on… The tools and services we enjoy as traders ought not to be taken for granted. Can you think of any other reasons we should be grateful as traders?

Conclusion: We wish Americans a peaceful, blissful and rewarding Thanksgiving Day celebration. At the same time, we are grateful for wonderful opportunities the markets offer us. Yes, there are many reasons to be grateful as traders. When you taste success in your trading career, you’ll be hooked, and as such, you’d do well to strive for permanent success, not temporary success. May you become a successful trader.

I end this article with the quote below:

“Remember, trading from your highest and best self is all that matters to getting your desired trading results.” – Dr. Woody Johnson

Forex business is a good choice, though forex is high risk but as long as we want to try and not give up easily, forex risk would be minimized. I would definetly gratefull when already became a successful trader thought is not easy, and it took hard work and discipline. Now I am trying to maximize my trading done in theArmada Markets with trying to trade with discipline. I use my owndeveloped EA, based on my trading system, all works well with armada trading condition, i've got no entry intervention while trading, mymonthly trading fee are narrowed since EU pair are traded with 0.8pips fee.

• 8 months later...

Yeah I am really grateful to be a trader, I have very simple and easy life because I can work even from my bed and I am never forced to do anything. I am my boss here and can trade even from beach! It’s only getting better with high class brokers like OctaFX coming into play with their sensational cTrader mobile platform, it’s so simple to work with this and it helps me trade from any corner of the globe.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Forex trading is the most standard profession in the world and I am really happy on my trading profession. It’s brings enough financial freedom for me even though I started with very low trading balance. In addition, I have overcome this problem very easily by receiving 100% deposit bonus from ECN broker TradingBanks, so no doubt Forex is the most flexible profession for me!

Guest gaban

more grateful to our trading results will allow us to minimize the occurrence of greed trading. Forex is a business that has a very high risk and therefore, we need to be able to minimize risk by trading away greed

Yeah, I am extremely grateful of been a trader, but that’s not enough for us, we got to make sure we are working hard and get enough knowledge, experience and also practicing regularly, it’s something which will help us with achieving success. I am trading with OctaFX broker where I get all the tools to make me a good trader and that’s especially to do with their educational setup, it’s so simple and straight forward yet covers all required points, it’s something that allows us to be successful and there is also many demo contest facility present, so by regularly participating on there, we are able to execute whatever we have learned and also stand chance of winning good prizes.

On 24/07/2016 at 0:24 AM, Jack Nitschke said:

Yeah, I am extremely grateful of been a trader, but that’s not enough for us, we got to make sure we are working hard and get enough knowledge, experience and also practicing regularly, it’s something which will help us with achieving success.

I guess this is the main point which every new trader should follow if they wanted to become successful in forex trading. They should make proper trading plan and try sticking to it.

Guest gaban

a trader who was grateful it will make us able to do trading. Forex is a business that has a lot of risks and therefore, we need to be able to control emotions well for not trading with greedy. a trader who was grateful then we will minimize greed

• 5 months later...
Guest boo_sl3

be grateful trader will allow us to avoid greed trading. In this business, greed is something we must avoid if we want to succeed in forex. Because greed will only bring harm to our trading

On 30/12/2016 at 3:29 PM, boo_sl3 said:

be grateful trader will allow us to avoid greed trading. In this business, greed is something we must avoid if we want to succeed in forex. Because greed will only bring harm to our trading

greed in running forex trading is not a profitable thing, but greed can destroy our trading accounts, and we have to continue to learn with the spirit of hope in the success we want to achieve

On 1/4/2017 at 11:46 AM, gaban said:

greed in running forex trading is not a profitable thing, but greed can destroy our trading accounts, and we have to continue to learn with the spirit of hope in the success we want to achieve

we must be able to control it well, that by understanding and mastering psychologist trading well, then we can easily control our bad attitude is good and right, so that what we do can run smoothly

On 9/1/2017 at 8:55 AM, aliforex said:

we must be able to control it well, that by understanding and mastering psychologist trading well, then we can easily control our bad attitude is good and right, so that what we do can run smoothly

yes we need to do in the way continue to learn in order to better understand the correct way to do trading and risk going out of control well. factor is not optimal in the forex running because the risk of uncontrolled well and the discipline was not obeyed

• 1 month later...

Though forex trading is open to all, the fact still remains that not everyone can make it as a trader for the obvious reason that it requires resilience and hard working which is clearly above a lot of people. If you can make it as a trader, you should indeed be grateful to the forex market because the opportunity for unlimited earnings it at your command.  

https://www.forexmart.com/register?id=ZERJM

https://www.facebook.com/ForexMart

• 3 years later...
On 3/1/2017 at 10:58 PM, ForexMartTrader said:

Though forex trading is open to all, the fact still remains that not everyone can make it as a trader for the obvious reason that it requires resilience and hard working which is clearly above a lot of people. If you can make it as a trader, you should indeed be grateful to the forex market because the opportunity for unlimited earnings it at your command.  

because that is important for traders to be able to do training and learning well, this is needed and necessary so that traders can be maximized in carrying out trades according to expectations while on a real Tickmill account.