What Differences Between Retail Trading And Institutional Trading?

Are there somebody on this forex training board an institutional trader? If so, what are the key differences between retailing and institutional trading? Having certain tools or information that you gives the advantage? If not, what do you it means that you always have an edge?

In addition, I would recommend it as a career option? I loved learning the trade as an amateur, but I can not figure out choosing as a career.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Are there somebody on this forex training board an institutional trader? If so, what are the key differences between retailing and institutional trading? Having certain tools or information that you gives the advantage? If not, what do you it means that you always have an edge?
In addition, I would recommend it as a career option? I loved learning the trade as an amateur, but I can not figure out choosing as a career.

Lot of difference. Amount of deposit is first and main difference. For example institutional account on Hotforex requires 40000$ deposit min. But you get special platform, leverage, very tight straight from LP spreads, special execution etc. Professional trading platform in other words.

• 3 weeks later...

indeed, when talking with the pro, the most discuss thing are the worst case come at first, the DrawDown! I fully aware, and avoid any DD above 20-30%. most noobs just forget a 50% account loss means we already broke, they didn't realize it required 100% profit to get back balance into initial deposit. while I learn this simple fact hard way. success of a Forex trader directly depend on his or her trading skilled, experience, knowledge and determination. On the other hand, a good trading broker is another important point for a trader to be a regular profitable Forex trader. by the way, after joining in Forex, I try many brokers to find a suitable trading condition match my trading system, it's almost a years i held my ecn account with Armada Markets which ensure best trading facilities. honestly, their trading environment are friendly use for any trading strategies.

• 6 months later...

Retail Trading can be considered as the trading of individuals. They buy and sell Securties for their personal account, while Institutional Trading means the trading done by a group, organisation, or institituion. They buy and sell securities for the accounts they manage for a group or institution.

• 2 weeks later...

Retail Trading can be considered as the trading of individuals. They buy and sell Securties for their personal account, while Institutional Trading means the trading done by a group, organisation, or institituion. They buy and sell securities for the accounts they manage for a group or institution.

Yes the difference mentioned here is correct, and i think a trader who is not having good experience in trading then he should try for institutional trader.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Traders, who has huge trading capital as like 50,000+$ they are the institutional trader. Besides, which traders are trading here below 10,000$ they are familiar as retail trader. To be honest, I am a retail trader even my trading capital is below 1000$. But, luckily I get true ECN trading facilities into my live account from TradingBanks even though my trading capital is very small.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/27/2016 at 3:02 PM, tradesprint said:

I would suggest that you should study it on Google, you will get best and detailed differences on it.

Yeah, you are right and perhaps the thread owner had found the answer so far as it was asked two years earlier..

Don't just study, but try to prove it by yourself. Use your demo account to prove it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2016 at 11:26 AM, gaban said:

The difference from both retail and institutional trading is only from their trading capital, retail traders are usually the one that using small amount of 

The retail trader in the other word is speculators who include into this market and earn profit (sometimes) hehe and sometime get loss. we are the little part of this market and just speculate and aren't able to set the market movement just follow the market and take profit

• 11 months later...

There are many differences between retail trading and institutional trading. Retail trading means trading with small investment of a single person. Institution means a company. In retail trading traders use his own investment. But when it is about institution trading there must be investment of many people as it is a company. I am a retail trader. I trade with AAFX. This broker one of the best in this market. It gives fund security up to 20k.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Gorbacep
Yes true, retail traders as we could not move the price just following where price moves, while the large capital with institutional and had access in putting a quote currency rates as well as able to move price

Archived