What Are Pivot Points?

Rate this topic

Pivot points are used by traders to attempt to predict support and resistance levels. They are commonly used in the forex market as are used as visual cues to execute trades.

Pivot Points are calculated using the open, high, low, and close, from the previous trading day. Standard pivot points include the pivot point itself, three full support levels, and three full resistance levels, but two half way support levels, and two half way resistance levels are also often included.

Daily pivot points are the most commonly used, but weekly and monthly pivot points are also available.

• 2 weeks later...

A pivot point is a price level of significance in technical analysis of a financial market that is used by traders as a predictive indicator of market movement. A pivot point is calculated as an average of significant prices (high, low, close) from the performance of a market in the prior trading period. If the market in the following period trades above the pivot point it is usually evaluated as a bullish sentiment, whereas trading below the pivot point is seen as bearish.

Guest jeneyarahman

A pivot point is a indicator used by traders when they analysis chart.It shows level of potential support & resistance .It help to determine whether the market sentiment is moving towards & uptrend.

Guest suzykenedy

Pivot point is technical indicator which is used to predict a change in resistance or support levels for a stock.It is calculated by taking the average of a stocks daily high, low & closing price.

• 6 years later...

Due to good trading services in my small trading life I only used the reliable broker Forex4you. From the beginning of my trading I just try them and never need to change my broker because they give me all the important trading services which help me to make good money. I am using fixed and floating spread from 0 pips, higher leverage 1:1000, and instant trade execution system without facing any long term error etc.  

• 1 month later...

Being one of the oldest technical indicators, PivotPoint is widely used in all markets, including equities, commodities and Forex. They have been created for a long time using formulas consisting of high, low and close prices. It is surrounded by a central axis line and later support lines and resistance lines. Traders use these lines as a level of potential cooperation and resistance, a price at which it can be difficult to break the price.

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2020 at 6:23 AM, Mrsooduraske said:

As always, the most important thing to understand is the fundamentals. But pivot points give an excellent sturcture for entries and can boost your profit potential!

Depends on traders mindset, few are good at fundamentals while others are good with technical understandings. There are some who got talent and add both in their trade management.