Which cryptocurrencies are most widely used for payments?

Rate this topic

I am about to set up a crypto payment gateway on my business website and checking out different gateways to make sure that I choose a good one with lower costs, maximum supported cryptocurrencies, and reliability. Meanwhile, I am wondering once I start accepting cryptocurrencies which coins should I accept besides Bitcoin. So, I am here to ask for your suggestions. Please guide me.

As someone who is accepting crypto payments I wanna let you know that you don't really need to offer a large number of cryptocurrencies to your customers. Just the most important ones would be enough like:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Tether
Dash
Litecoin
Solana
Cardano

The gateway I’m using, CapitalWallet, supports hundreds of cryptocurrencies but I have noticed that payments are mostly made in a few most common cryptocurrencies. So, just make sure that your gateway offers the popular coins for payments.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 1:24 PM, Phrenology said:

As someone who is accepting crypto payments I wanna let you know that you don't really need to offer a large number of cryptocurrencies to your customers. Just the most important ones would be enough like:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Tether
Dash
Litecoin
Solana
Cardano

The gateway I’m using, CapitalWallet, supports hundreds of cryptocurrencies but I have noticed that payments are mostly made in a few most common cryptocurrencies. So, just make sure that your gateway offers the popular coins for payments.

What do you think about Dogecoin?

On 11/29/2022 at 11:56 AM, Metaphysics said:

What do you think about Dogecoin?

Many retailers accept Dogecoin, even the payment gateway that I use offers this coin but I don’t know why I am not yet convinced to accept it in my business. This coin is extremely speculative and mostly gains momentum from the tweets of high-profile people. I think it’s good as long as you are instantly converting it into another coin, in my case I prefer stablecoins most of the time.

On 12/1/2022 at 5:06 PM, Phrenology said:

Many retailers accept Dogecoin, even the payment gateway that I use offers this coin but I don’t know why I am not yet convinced to accept it in my business. This coin is extremely speculative and mostly gains momentum from the tweets of high-profile people. I think it’s good as long as you are instantly converting it into another coin, in my case I prefer stablecoins most of the time.

I don't intend to hold Dogecoin. Will be converting the payments into btc, eth or fiat. But I think it would be better to offer as many popular coins as I can. 

An increasing number of companies around the world are using bitcoin and other digital assets for a variety of investment, operational and transactional purposes. As with any frontier, there are unknown dangers, but also strong incentives. Explore the kinds of questions and ideas that businesses should consider when determining whether and how to use digital assets.

Using different cryptocurrencies to conduct business presents many opportunities. Crypto can provide access to new demographics. Users often represent a more advanced clientele that values transparency in their transactions. With MEEG https://meeg.io/cryptocurrency/ you can make cryptoprocessing payments right on your website! this will speed up the acceptance of payments for goods and services!
It can also help position the company in this important emerging space of the future, which could include central bank digital currencies.

• 5 months later...

While there are numerous cryptocurrencies available, a few have gained broader acceptance and are commonly used for payments. Some cryptocurrencies that are widely used for transactions are Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH).