Elon Musk Buying Twitter - Good or Bad?

Rate this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • TGF Premium
32 minutes ago, Mr.D said:

What solution you have to recover your account?

I’ll tell you a secret, access to tens of thousands of sites has been closed for my region, this has been happening since March. I can't even open the Bitcoin website and can't launch QT desktop wallet without a VPN. I have no access to anything, even 90% vpn services are not available to me. I have also blocked my accounts on many crypto exchanges. I also had my Skrill wallet blocked due to balance. They block me everywhere and take my money. Also skype, viber, whatsapp, twitter, instagram, facebook, app store (yes, my iPhone turned into a brick) namechip took my domains. Google blocked mail. but I can’t remember everything ... Ukraine abandoned the Donbass in early March, since these are sanctions against us coming from the government.

• TGF Premium

Returning to the question of Elon Musk and Twitter, I think that this person, an idol for many, makes some political statements in vain, many do not like it.
I consider buying a tweeter not the most brilliant idea, but Elon strives for publicity around him, so he knows what he is doing, everyone knows what his words are worth, he could return the lost capitalization to the entire crypto market in one day.😀
From social networks, I personally have not seen anything better than a telegram, it seems to me that the future is in it.
On twitter I don't know what the change as I will never use it.

• Root Admin

In my opinion, Elon Musk is quite a genius and he made a lot of public statements to move the markets in his favor. Don't get me wrong, I don't admire him but I can recognise what is he doing.

Anyway, just as you said previously I think he will not purchase Twitter. At least not at the price he declared. That's because I don't see the fundamentals.

If we talk about profit, Twitter profit is very unreliable. Check the chart attached. 

twitterProfit.png

Besides that, with the upcoming recession comming I think advertising revenue will decline so the profit of Twtter from advertise may also decline.

This being said I think Twitter is playing with Twitter stocks and if he will buy it then may do it at a way lower rate.

Just my thoughts,

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin
7 hours ago, TacoLoco said:

Has he followed through with the deal? This subject kind of fall off the media coverage for a bit

I think this will be settled in court because Musk is not going to pay what he said it will considering the recent change in stocks price + the amount of inactive Twitter users.

Twitter_price.png

On the other hand, it seems Twitter board want to continue with the aqusition

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elon-musk-twitter-deal-board-endorsement-qatar-economic-forum/

So we will see how this develops,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • TGF Premium

So Elon Musk finally bought Twitter. And he fired its top executives.

Platform wise, one of the first changes is requiring a $20/month subscription to Twitter Blue to keep the blue check mark, revised to $8 after backlash.

Another change is on Twitter homepage, it redirects logged out users to the explore page.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, Warfare said:

So Elon Musk finally bought Twitter. And he fired its top executives.

Platform wise, one of the first changes is requiring a $20/month subscription to Twitter Blue to keep the blue check mark, revised to $8 after backlash.

Another change is on Twitter homepage, it redirects logged out users to the explore page.

Thank you @Warfare for updating the thread. That's right, Musk finally purchased Twitter and the saga continue.

In my opinion, charging for the blue check mark its wrong because those with blue check marks are influencers, people with large audiences so they create content and keep the people engaged. Why charge them anything? Better remunerate them 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin
On 11/8/2022 at 9:24 AM, Phrenology said:

Elon Musk is on a roll with his tweets and we don’t know what to expect next.

I think the main concern of Elon Musk is to make Twitter profitable as fast as possible considering the fact that he over paid so much for it.