the best ways to grow your business during quarantine

Rate this topic

With countries like the U.K. currently in lockdown again due to the coronavirus pandemic, I turned to my community of business mentees to ask for their top tips to help other entrepreneurs to understand how to thrive during lockdown, in quarantine or more generally during testing times!

As this is the second lockdown this year as a business mentor I have found that many of the entrepreneurs and mentees in my community have adapted and pivoted with more enthusiasm and positivity this time. I believe their top tips can help you to do the same.

I can share my experience with you. I am the owner of one of the clothing stores in my city and during the quarantine I needed to attract customers and develop my business so as not to lose it. I decided to do a sale and created https://free-psd-templates.com/15-free-online-shopping-banner-in-psd/ shopping banner. this made my event popular and I got a large number of new clients. it increased my income. I'm glad I found such a good form of advertising

• 3 weeks later...

This pandemic has, more than ever, increased the valuation of "virtual real estate". 

We're in an era where everyone is practically glued to their phones, laptops, and desktops–so the smartest thing you could ever do right now is get a piece of that traffic. Build a website and build it good. Get the lurkers and lookers hooked to your service or product while the demand is still high.

When the surge of online businesses appeared, I wanted to dig in with all the action. I started by reading guides (like this one) about what is dropshipping, because that felt like the most applicable business model–what with the surge of e-commerce stores popping left and right.

Try to utilize all social media platforms, get the word out, and set your foot in the rising tides; this new era is a raging rapid, for sure! 

On 9/8/2021 at 11:25 AM, whatsthatsupposedtomean said:

This pandemic has, more than ever, increased the valuation of "virtual real estate". 

We're in an era where everyone is practically glued to their phones, laptops, and desktops–so the smartest thing you could ever do right now is get a piece of that traffic. Build a website and build it good. Get the lurkers and lookers hooked to your service or product while the demand is still high.

When the surge of online businesses appeared, I wanted to dig in with all the action. I started by reading guides (like this one) about what is dropshipping, because that felt like the most applicable business model–what with the surge of e-commerce stores popping left and right.

Try to utilize all social media platforms, get the word out, and set your foot in the rising tides; this new era is a raging rapid, for sure! 

I second this 100%. Dropshipping is a very monetizable venture right now that allows you to take advantage of the increasing digital traffic during this pandemic. People are always online!

Funny enough, I also read a guide that got me started with dropshipping. Honestly, the internet is vast and filled with educational resources. My journey only started with one simple google query of "what is dropshipping?" and now I've learned pretty much every nook and cranny of the business.

I recently took a liking to selling furniture because that has been my dad's trade for more than 20 years. Stuff like knoll dining chairs, wooden dining chairs and etc–it took me just a few weeks of researching to make my own. Of course I had to cross-search my competition and ended up taking inspiration from them (this was my main inspiration for my website–sleek design and minimalistic) 

Everyone should be studying this online stuff–it's amazing how our society has adapted to this modern age!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest Rineti
2 hours ago, Xilme said:

Guys, what about Amazon FBA? Is it worth starting? What are some ways to grow business asap?

First of all, starting an online business now is the best idea (I think the pandemic has proved it). Second, it's easy to open an Amazon storefront even if you don't have experience. For instance, check out this site and find plenty of useful articles, tips, and tools. Shortly speaking, everything you need is patience, time, and internet connection.

• 1 month later...

What do you think, what applications can be in demand among users now? I mean applications for smartphones, like ordering a taxi and so on. Is it worth creating something new if the market is occupied by giants like Uber or Amazon?

• 2 weeks later...

When quarantine began, it became clear to me that the future lies with e-commerce, because now another lockdown can start at any moment... I had a small business selling handmade - various little things made of clay, and I managed to do everything well with the help of word of mouth at first, but in 202 it all turned out to be unrealistic. So I started building my online store.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Spkin said:

When quarantine began, it became clear to me that the future lies with e-commerce, because now another lockdown can start at any moment... I had a small business selling handmade - various little things made of clay, and I managed to do everything well with the help of word of mouth at first, but in 202 it all turned out to be unrealistic. So I started building my online store.

That's right @Spkin. eCommerce was grown a lot during the pandemic. Even considering the fact that people started to return to phisical stores, eCommerce is here to stay and someone that doesn't have an online store it loose sales.

Congrats on your business and let us know if you need help with the promotion. Share the website with the community 😉

• 4 months later...