Who has experienced serious sleep problems?

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm personally convinced that every issue we have, it come out of our mind. Try not to make you brain work not long before sleeping, just chill. You have to understand that sleep regime is quite important for your health and longevity of your life at all. Hence you shouldn't neglect sleep. Try to use some soporifics, of course after visiting a doctor. Try to drink some herbal teas, like chamomile tea or valerian tea. It may help you in case you haven't set things in motion yet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good sleep hygiene practices can make a big difference, such as going to bed and getting up at regular times, avoiding blue light (screens) before bed, and doing relaxing activities at the end of the day such as reading or light yoga.

Some people need medication but you shouldn't just take something random - if you feel you need help, go to a doctor and follow their recommendations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I suffer from insomnia now and then. I even wanted to ask my doctor to prescribe me sleeping pills, but having checked the info about them on the Canadian pharmacy site, I found out they can be taken only for a short period of time. So, I decided to try natural ways of treatment first. A long walk in the evening, fresh air in the room, a warm bath and reading a book before bed work for me. Also, I started doing sports and noticed it helps me to sleep better. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Your question is too general; lack of sleep can be due to several factors: depression, pain, burnout, anxiety. I have been suffering from insomnia due to unbearable back and broken sternum pain after a car accident. But before that, I slept very well. Sleep means brain health and can get rid of many diseases. I did rehabilitation exercises, and the doctor also recommended I buy a pillow to better support my back. From several recommendations read on https://pillowinsider.com/best-way-to-sleep-with-broken-sternum-pain/, I chose one at a more reasonable price. After half a year, I feel much better, but I'm afraid to get behind the wheel again.

Edited by RobySul

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Common sleep disorders like insomnia, restless legs syndrome, narcolepsy, and sleep apnea can affect every aspect of your life including your safety, relationships, school, and work performance, thinking, mental health, weight, and the development of diabetes and heart disease.

Regarding sleep problems, I am a member of the mental illness community/supporter, and quite understand about sleep disorders, including insomnia.

Sleep disturbances have many causes. Sleep disturbances that I mean here, are sleep in a day less than 3 hours or even too much sleep more than 8 hours is also a sleep disturbance.

The biggest cause of sleep disorders is psychological problems, stress, mental illness.
The fact is not everyone is aware that they had problem of this psychological disorder.

To know more clearly, you should immediately contact a local psychiatrist.
And I know, not everyone wants to visit psychiatrist because of the bad stigma about mental illness.
But it is a type of illness, just like any other common disease/illness and it must be treated and cured.

I would not suggest buying sleeping pills, without consulting a doctor first, because medicine is a chemical substance, if you take the wrong medicine, someday it will be bad for the body.

So, immediately consult your sleep problems to a doctor/psychiatrist.

Good health to all.
Keep working for money/salary, doing activities, hanging out with friends who have the same hobby and visiting each other's family.