What are the best methods for growing a startup?

Rate this topic

Taking the risk of opening a business can be exhilarating and sometimes confusing. Around 90% of startups fail due to a variety of reasons. This might seem like a scary statistic but the truth is your business could avoid being a part of this number by following a set of rules for growth.

To successfully launch and grow a startup, you need to create an ambitious goal.  It's  much complex to launch a company with a complex product and an ambitious goal. To start off easily you need to use both business analytics and understand each product development stage https://jetruby.com/blog/business-roadmap/  Remember that at the stage of building relationships with the market, startup developers must understand how to promote the project and how to position it in order not to miss out their market opportunities.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If this is your startup, you'll need to advertise it initially. There are two methods for advertising your business: offline and online. You may advertise your brand utilising offline marketing tactics such as promotional products, flyers, banner signs, business cards, newspapers, and so on. PPC, SEO, and social media sharing are examples of online techniques.

I have worked with 3 start-ups for an extended period, and worked on many more with short-projects/freelance gigs. The main difference I noticed from those that grow to those that haven't is pretty straightforward: they lack the vision to grow and to appeal to their target audience.

When starting something, you have to have an ulterior goal in mind. For me, when I began exploring the idea of starting my own e-commerce store, I started out with reading guides and articles (something like this) to put me on the right track. It helped me better understand what type of website I was looking to build... which leads me to my next point.

Invest in a good looking and fully-functional website. Do you know how many people are converted into consumers when they see a professionally built website? It adds to the valuation of your company's branding, legitimacy, and credibility. 

Even better: make an app for your business. Over two-thirds of the global population own a mobile device and approximately 90% of owners use apps on their phones. You can hit two birds with one stone by hiring a .NET developer. They'd create applications and configurations from scratch and integrate a website and app seamlessly. I'll link a content discussing .NET developers in detail here.

There are a ton of other ways you can improve a start-up, like making a more organized system, using automation and etc–but this is all I'll list for now. Hope it helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's no easy job to build a startup. Now - particularly - is more challenging than ever since you'll have to do it from home. 

But lately I realized, building a business from the comfort of your cauch is quite an advantage. It's your rules, in your space, under the conditions that you set. What can go wrong?

These are some steps you should consider, (but you can find more ideas to build a startup from home at thinkremote.com) 

• Set your goal
  • Determine a marketing strategy
  • Set an online presence (and physical location if possible)
  • Build a customer base
  • Stay open to new ideas
Edited by LaurenSM

• 6 months later...

There's no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best method for growing a startup depends on the specific business and industry. However, there are a few key strategies that can help businesses of all types grow successfully.

Let's use e-commerce businesses as an example. These ventures have a huge advantage when it comes to reach and scale. By selling online, you can reach customers all over the world with just a few clicks. Additionally, it's easy to track metrics and analyze data to see what's working and what isn't.

With things transitioning online, we're almost reaching a precipice point where technology has completely taken over.

Imagine how industries/businesses like furniture/real-estate are in ten years time. With the continuous improvement of VR–we'd probably someday reach a point where you don't need to go to a store physically anymore (although some businesses are already doing both atm). 

I love buying new stuff for my bedroom all the time pre-pandemic... but now I'm stuck in an online shopping cycle lmao.

• 4 weeks later...

You'll need to establish a business plan to elaborate your comprehensive strategy. Multiple points shall be considered here: financing, marketing, promotion, etc. You could take a look at your competitors to see what they're doing to grow their businesses. You could also carry our market research to understand current market conditions and trends to figure out how to act accordingly.

You could create a landing page for your business to promote it online. Social media marketing shall also work pretty well (you just need to investigate what social platforms your target audience prefers). Email marketing (if implemented wisely) could attract new clients. Of course, you should consider the development of a mobile application and a website to ensure decent online representation.

• 3 weeks later...

Although growing your small business will take time and energy, there are 10 strategies you can use to help accelerate business growth.
- Do Your Research.
- Build a Sales Funnel.
- Increase Customer Retention.
- Participate in Networking Events.
- Practice Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Form Strategic Partnerships.