$170 Billion Lost in Crypto Market Crash

Rate this topic

The crypto market (except Ripple, for obvious reasons) has been shooting for the moon since the beginning of 2021 and the market cap gained a significant value. However, Bitcoin finally dropped sharply from $41,500 to $34,000, which caused a massive financial loss, costing the market some $170 billion. Before the aforementioned crash the market was worth some $1.1 trillion dollars and now it’s worth $940 billion.

Bitcoin dropped with $8000 below $34,000, i.e. it is down 15% which is a huge amount in market terms. Most analysts attribute that sharp depreciation to massive selling pressure in various Asian countries. Ethereum too saw a sharp drop – it fell even more than Bitcoin, with 18%.  Ripple also dropped with 18%.

The smaller cryptos, like Litecoin, Cardano, Chainlink, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, and Polkadot have also depreciated.

Source

Personally, I am not at all surprised. We’ve all seen this pattern, and not just with cryptos, although cryptos seem particularly vulnerable to it – a very sharp and impressive rally and then just as sharp and eye-watering plunge. At this point it’s expected to happen, I think.