What is ad groups in Google AdWords?

Ad group is an integral part of a Google ads campaigns.

Account → Campaigns →Ad group → Keywords

An Ad Group contains one or more ads that share similar targets. You can also set budget on ad group level which can be applicable to all keywords under that particular ad group.

You set a bid, or price, to be used when an ad group's keywords trigger an ad to appear. You can also set prices for individual keywords within the ad group.

Ad Group can be made based on products/services location and similarities.

Hi,
Ad Group in Google AdWords is like a big container where you keep all your keywords, text copies and landing pages. Google recommends advertisers to make adgroups with tightly themed keywords. So, it is better to create multiple adgroups based on your keywords. Google check out your ad group organization to find multiple things like what kind of message your ad will convey when it gets triggered, list of keywords your ads will show, etc.

A set of ads and keywords that are related to each other are housed under an Ad Group. For example, if you are selling footwear for both men and women. You set two different campaigns, one for men’s footwear and the other for women’s footwear. Let’s name them Men Campaign and Women Campaign. You have casual footwear, sports footwear and formal footwear for both men and women. Now you create 3 ad groups based on these categories (casual, sports and formal) in both the campaigns. Let’s name these 6 ad groups as Men Casual, Men Sport, Men Formal, Women Casual, Women Sport and Women Formal.

• 1 month later...

Yeah this is a very useful tool if you are promoting not a single item but a group of them and they have similar characteristics. I have used these tactics before but I usually have a one specific item that I need to promote so I usually focus on that.

I have been using google adds as a marketing tool for a while. I myself have little idea how they work but a few years back when I was still a junior in college I got an internship in an online marketing agency (you guys can check them out here: https://aiad.com.au/google-adwords-brisbane/ ) and I immersed myself in the world of online marketing. It is an amazing thing to do. It combines all the creativity and all the analytical skills a person might have. There is never a dull moment with it that's for sure. I have had a lot of amazing fun with it and honestly it's something I enjoy immensely. If you guys are looking for an interesting job try online marketing. It is on the rise right now that's for sure.