how did the pandemic affect you?

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Surely I was affected negatively by the corona virus because I am an online worker who doesnt interact with people, but still the work was very little and I could not earn the way I used to earn. Some of the clients were affected and they could not communicate with us. Corona virus is a deadly disease.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I personally stay at home much more, and I have been using some online services for shopping which is in fact really cool and handy. I like the online pharmacy from eDrugStore.com a lot, for example, and I recommend that you check it out too, you will surely find it interesting, good luck! 🙂

• 8 months later...
  • Root Admin
47 minutes ago, Ann87 said:

I started working remotely, however, I do not consider this to be something negative. I like it even better.

I'm working remotely for over years and that there are some great benefits of it (less time spent on commuting to work, flexibe working hours, less money spent on transport, food at the office, etc) however there are some drawbacks as well. The most important ones for me are the lack of interaction with my collegues, and the tendency to stay more on the computer without having breaks.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:09 PM, MrDennis said:

I'm working remotely for over years and that there are some great benefits of it (less time spent on commuting to work, flexibe working hours, less money spent on transport, food at the office, etc) however there are some drawbacks as well. The most important ones for me are the lack of interaction with my collegues, and the tendency to stay more on the computer without having breaks.

I agree here, I miss my colleagues sometimes. But I have a way out of this situation - I can still come to the company's office and spend time with them if I want. So I do it once every couple of weeks. I understand that I'm lucky here.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
On 6/1/2022 at 2:58 PM, Ann87 said:

I agree here, I miss my colleagues sometimes. But I have a way out of this situation - I can still come to the company's office and spend time with them if I want. So I do it once every couple of weeks. I understand that I'm lucky here.

Yeah mixing working from home with some in-office meetings may be good for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't say that my earnings have fallen dramatically, rather the opposite. I started spending more time at home, learned new things, and even hired employees. But the remote work did not affect them in the best way, they became more absent-minded. But I plan to install a program to monitor the working time Kickidler and solve this problem  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Root Admin
On 6/28/2022 at 12:44 PM, jijiji said:

I can't say that my earnings have fallen dramatically, rather the opposite. I started spending more time at home, learned new things, and even hired employees. But the remote work did not affect them in the best way, they became more absent-minded. But I plan to install a program to monitor the working time Kickidler and solve this problem  

Did you installed the program? Does it work well for you and your employees? From my experience is better t set up objectives that can be easily tracked if achieved or not rather than inducing stress with a computer monitoring program.

Let us know

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that things have mostly settled down, I can say that it turned out well for me. Had to make a big decision quite early into the pandemic, and went fully online with my business. Getting more and more into eCommerce was a way to go, there is an opportunity of expanding internationally, and I believe that's my next step. It seems I can finally sigh with relief and say it out loud without being afraid I could jinx it. The numbers are looking good, but of course, now we have new things to worry about. Let's see what 2023 will bring. 

5 hours ago, 1Shot1Opportunity said:

@whatsthatsupposedtomean how does eCommerce goes for you now? I read in the news that after Black Friday ecommerce businesses started to see slow downs in income and number of orders.

A small decline, but nothing more than expected, honestly. There usually is a quiet period after Black Friday, but then the holiday season starts and things get better. 

• 2 weeks later...