Now these are Good Mosquitoes !!!

skylady

I hope this helps this summer. Bugspraycid_E50D9E4986D4456583D2BFB.jpg

I was at a deck party awhile back, and the bugs were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared. The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes.. And voila! That worked as well.. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby. During the summer, I don't leave home without it.....Pass it on.

Bugspraycid_F0C979D2B6E24F678463859.jpg

OUR FRIEND'S COMMENTS: I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors.

It works - in fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target and it

cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle, too; so it is not

as expensive to use as the can of Bug-spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes.

So, try this, please. It will last a couple of days. Don't spray directly on a wood

door (like your front door), but spray around the frame. Spray around the window

frames, and even inside the dog house.

Now these are Good Mosquitoes !!! Bugspraycid_4318D041B64C4219B1C5D45.jpg

:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mary

in defence of these little creatures i submit this article.... :P

What are mosquitoes good for?

by A.R. Marth

Mosquito bites happen for a reason! Mosquitos, though much reviled by humans, are very important to their environments.

Mosquitos lay their eggs in standing water. In areas where there are no people, these eggs are laid in places where tadpoles and minnows can devour them, and therefore grow. In areas where humans have settled, mosquitos will overpopulate their natural enemies by laying eggs in abandoned swimming pools, plastic bottles, and other debris that can collect water. Fortunately for the baby trout and frog, mosquitos will overpopulate these areas, and some will continue to lay their eggs in rivers and ponds.

Mosquitos also serve as pollination vectors for some plants. This is not as common as with other insects, but mosquitos are known to pollinate Cattleya orchids among other epiphytes. Epiphytes may have leaves which collect standing water, and in some tropical areas these plants contain tiny ecosystems of their own, with not only mosquitos but frogs, newts, and toads laying their eggs in the small puddles formed inside the leaves.

Mosquitos also serve another purpose, one which has made them one of our least-favorite insects. They spread viruses and bacteria between hosts. Mosquitos are thought of in medical circles as a disease vector, but from an ecological viewpoint bacteria and viruses are also living creatures, and therefore part of the ecosystem. Without mosquitos, many of these organisms would die out. While we may fervently wish this could happen, these diseases also serve a purpose in the ecosystem, by culling weaker animals and strengthening the survivor's natural resistance to these illnesses. With strong resistance or tolerance for some of these organisms, the interaction becomes more mutual and less threatening to both.

While you may gladly slap the mosquito that lands on your arm to bite, or install the bug zapper in hopes of clearing at least your tiki lounge of their noxious buzzing, remember that large-scale eradication of the mosquito not only dooms many other species to hunger, but can also pollute the environment.

ouch i just got bit mosquitos2.jpg ok wheres my listerine :veryangry:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

wow i never thought that a simple mouthwash can kill these mosquitoes! what a useful information you just posted here. thanks. it's much cheaper compared to the products we usually used for it. i will try it tomorrow morning in our bathroom. oh i forgot don't have a spray bottle yet, gonna buy first! :blink:

i am not an anti animal or anti insect or anti mosquito for that matter but really really i hate mosquitoes, it gives me so many sleepless nights.. Good thing my room is closed and we have mosquito nets.

we don't use mosquitoe nets anymore here, it looks old-fashioned for me lol. B) we just use sprays to get rid of it. even if we don't hate these insects we need to kill them because they could harm us if we don't do that. especially the deadly female mosquitoe. B)

lol pjbabia, we are not rich. it just doesn't look good in my room. B)

@ amcfx

even if it's not rainy here now in my place, there are still mosquitoes in the area. anyway i haven't tried it yet.

I miss my old mosquito net. I feel nostalgic when i remember my old mosquito net, we had a great time together, LOL, i mean it keeps me away from those terrible mosquitoes...

well if you have a baby at home then you really need to have that mosquito net to protect the child. B) they say it's best to get rid of those mosquitoes at around 4pm where most of them comes out. i just don't know if that's true. B) and also check for those stagnant water around the house, thats where they're hiding. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived