What is actual Difference between short term and Long term Trading?

Rate this topic

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Investing in short term investments is risky, as there’s little way to know if markets will go up or down in a short space of time. As Warren Buffett says, “In the short run, the market is a voting machine,” meaning that the short term stock market is nothing more than a popularity contest. That makes it near impossible to predict. Hence the risk is high. Over the long run, markets (usually) grow. So remember that long term investments have a higher chance of making you money and, the longer you invest, the less likely you are to lose money too.

• 2 weeks later...

As for me, long-term trading is suitable for calmer traders, who are ready to wait for more results. They understand that the profit will match the waiting time, and are ready for it. Even if the deal is unsuccessful in the end, they will still be on the plus side. 
But short-term trading - it is more for those traders who want everything at once. They don't want (or can't) wait long to complete a deal. They trade more quickly and impulsively. It doesn't always pay off, but with the right strategy they also become profitable.

• 2 months later...

As a newbie, you can learn the technique by creating a demo account. It will help you to find out the problem what you are facing while trading. It also helps to reduce your losses and create an opportunity to increase your profit. I also started my trading career through a demo account of TP Global FX. Really it helped me to understand my fault in trading.

• 8 months later...
On 9/28/2020 at 8:39 AM, maspluto said:

Existing funds and risks must be able to be managed properly, this is needed and necessary so that traders can become better and can be maximized in carrying out trading activities in accordance with expectations with Tickmill.

We need to make use of a Trading Strategy that is more Profitable for us in doing our trades.

• 4 months later...

There are lots of differences when we speak about short-term tradding and long-term trading. The main is that for every of these two types of trading are applied two different types of analysis. Technical analysis is inherent to short-term trading activity as it helps to evaluate the possibility of winning the position via looking at the graphics and finding their indicators/patterns and figures. In case of long-term trading, we know that it exists due to fundamental analysis. Fundamental analysis means that you can analyze long-term effects on particular asset via news, analytics, calendar and other useful things. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 4:35 PM, Yggri said:

There are lots of differences when we speak about short-term tradding and long-term trading. The main is that for every of these two types of trading are applied two different types of analysis. Technical analysis is inherent to short-term trading activity as it helps to evaluate the possibility of winning the position via looking at the graphics and finding their indicators/patterns and figures. In case of long-term trading, we know that it exists due to fundamental analysis. Fundamental analysis means that you can analyze long-term effects on particular asset via news, analytics, calendar and other useful things. 

Forex trading will start giving us the Income when we are using the Best Trading Systems.

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 8:59 AM, uncle gober said:

the existing trading system must be able to be considered properly, this is done so that traders can be more leverage in getting maximum trading security and comfort like what I got from Tickmill.

I am doing my Forex Trading with the ECN Forex Broker FXOpen Markets and they allow me to do News Trading and Scalping 😄

On 2/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, uncle gober said:

The selection of the existing broker must be able to be considered carefully, this is done so that traders can be maximized in getting the security and comfort of trading together with Tickmill.

We will need to think about doing our trades on a Long Time Frames.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 8:21 AM, maspluto said:

The selection of the existing broker must be able to be considered carefully, this is done so that traders can be more leverage in getting maximum trading security and comfort like what I got from Tickmill.

We can start learning about the Forex market trends and how it will work using the Demo Trading accounts of the FXOpen 😄

• 5 months later...