Writing a blog can be a very fun and rewarding process. It's creatively liberating because you can choose to write on almost any topic you want. But winning readers can be a different story!

If you want people to find your blog and see what you have to say, consider SEO (search engine optimization). This means that you do certain things on your blog so that the search engines draw your readers' attention to them. Here are three SEO mistakes you should avoid when blogging. More A Fast Company Please.

1. Vague title

While it may be fun to find a catchy and maybe even humorous title for your next blog post, if you want readers to find it in their favorite search engine and then actually encourage them to click on it, you need one good descriptive title. Instead, save your catchy humor for the subtitles!

A good title tells them what it is about or in any way piqued their interest. It should contain keywords so that it appears in the relevant search results pages.

2. No keywords

Trying to insert too many keywords into your content can quickly lead to something that is unreadable and fun. However, keywords play an important role in rating your blog post and need to be considered. The Science Of Reforbes.

Some keywords will of course appear in your writing when you talk about a topic, but it is ideal to do some basic keyword research when editing your blog posts and figuring out where to replace or replace some phrases with powerful keywords instead.

This can make a big difference in the ranking of the post in search engines and even the overall ranking of your blog. So don't underestimate the power of preliminary research.

3. No author bio

If you want to build a good reputation, get recognition when people quote you, and get people to stay with you so they can get to know you better, be sure to include an author biography with each post. Your author's biography should be linked to your social media profiles so you can build a link network to improve SEO. Your social media profiles should then link to your blog and create a backlink web that Google will follow! Made By The Best Gossip.

Backlinks play a big role when it comes to improving your ranking. For this reason, you should provide this author with bio information and the links mentioned above, wherever you can be found on the Internet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, quite an interesting and informative post. I have learned so many things through it so keep it up and thanks for sharing... I totally agree with you that whenever we write a blog on any topic then considered the SEO process such as keywords, attractive title, etc.

I have watched my SEO buddies not using proper keywords, titles, content and relevant author bio. I will suggest them to read this mistakes and resolve at the moment. Thanks for sharing. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...