Now you can advertise your business on Top Gold Forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Maria Jonas

Which is the best metric to decide page speed?

1. GTmetrix

Analyze your site’s speed and make it faster.

GTmetrix gives you insight on how well your site loads and provides actionable recommendations on how to optimize it. Gtmetrix uses Google Page Speed and Yahoo!

GTmetrix goes into great detail as it checks both PageSpeed and YSlow metrics, assigning your site a grade from F to A. It’s reports are divided into five different sections including PageSpeed, YSlow, waterfall breakdown, video, and history.

1. Pingdom

Pingdom offers cost-effective and reliable uptime and performance monitoring for your websites. Pingdom use more than 70 global polling locations to test and verify customers’ sites 24/7, all year long. With Pingdom you can monitor your website’s uptime, performance, and interactions for a better end-user-experience. Your customers will thank you.

Pingdom is probably one of the more well-known website speed test tools. Their reports are divided into four different sections which include a waterfall breakdown, performance grade, page analysis, and history.

We know that Google suggests a website to load anywhere between two to three seconds. The faster the better, obviously. But that's sort of where the range is. I also highly suggest you take a competitive view of that. Put your competitors into some of these tools and benchmark your speed goals against what's competitive in your industry. I think that's a cool way to kind of go into this.

mobile app development companies in Chicago

On 11/5/2019 at 11:51 AM, WoodsPainting said:
  1. GTmetrix

Analyze your site’s speed and make it faster.

GTmetrix gives you insight on how well your site loads and provides actionable recommendations on how to optimize it. Gtmetrix uses Google Page Speed and Yahoo!

GTmetrix goes into great detail as it checks both PageSpeed and YSlow metrics, assigning your site a grade from F to A. It’s reports are divided into five different sections including PageSpeed, YSlow, waterfall breakdown, video, and history.

Looks very beneficial to check speed of the website, thanks for sharing this tool. 

Well, there are lot of websites who do measure this parameter anyway. Can we really learn something from it or not ? I do not want you to do that but GTMetrix, Google PageSpeed and something YSpeed or so and a lot more less well known anyway. See my point ?

I do not know what you mean here ? Tool or measurment digit for that matter anyway ? If it's something like that one then so be it for real anyway. The less is better for sure, so do hope to make it all possible anyway. I do not really want you to see this really.