Sign in to follow this  
pennyq

How difficult is it to import cars from Japan to the US?

Generally any car imported to the US needs to comply with American safety andemission standards. Many times that is very difficult to accomplish because there are many standards such as the thickness of the window glass that prohibit the car from passing. If you are really serious about this you need to go and speak to someone that really knows at a US customs office and explain your situation. Personally I think that you are out of luck but you have nothing to lose by trying.

• Like 1

It is not actually if your use shipping broker`s services. I used to import a car trough this company https://clearit.ca/ They helped me a lot both with documents and money issues. Simply give them a call and you will get answers to all your questions. 

The worst thing about important things from other countries is to pay the hefty custom duty. The biggest benefit of having good strategic and diplomatic relations with other countires is that the amount of exports and imports rise and people can easily use other countries' stuff.