What is Stop Order and How to Use it

Rate this topic

The simple definition of a ‘stop’ order is that it is an order to buy or sell at a less advantageous price than is currently available in the market. The obvious question is why anyone would want to do this? 
The answer is that ‘stop’ orders are used to limit an investor’s exposure in the market. Traders place ‘stop’ orders to protect themselves from adverse market moves. This should always be a part of a trading plan. In other words, a trader should know in advance of placing a trade where to close it should the market move against him or her. More often than not, prices will move against you at some stage. 
Sometimes this may just be a minor short-term move, but at other times it may mean that you’ve got the market direction wrong. So the aim is to work out the best place to put your stop to give you the best opportunity to make money while taking the smallest amount of acceptable risk.

source that may can help to know more: https://trademoneta.com/learn-to-trade/trading-academy/

https://3d21ae8caf50414fc779.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/

From the trading broker we traders get different trading facilities and these helps us to trade comfortably. I have good trading support from my credible broker Forex4you. To make huge profit I have higher trading leverage 1:1000 besides of having various risk management tools to control my trading risk. They give several risk management tools such as stop loss, take profit or trail stop. A trader can use easily any of them.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:35 AM, uncle gober said:

traders must be able to calculate the SL and TP when trading, this is needed so that traders can be more maximal in running trading activities that are in line with expectations.

Cutting losses earlier through using proper SL helps traders to loose more money because one single trade if went bad can kill the entire account so stop losses are must to be used.