Sign in to follow this  
FrankLee

Should parents limit their children's screen time?

yes I think you should limit screen time. Once my kids get older, I will begin allowing them to use the tablets, but limit it to 30 minutes a day and keep adding more time as they get older. Eventually they’ll have to use a computer to do their work and it will be hopeless. For now, I’m going to use the ToyLibrary service as much as I can.

• Like 1

Any limitation will lead to aggressive behavior. I believe parents could do much more simply talking to their kids from time to time, spend time together. My kids are too small to enter any limitation or install any apps but I can judge from the top of my nephew`s situation. His parents found out that he had been verbally abused by his classmates on the class chat but could do nothing and situation grew even worse. Then my sister installed the mspy app on the nephew`s smartphone, and she could finally read and record all those disgusting things and turned to the school board with the request to punish those classmates. I think in such situation we should take the child side and do our best to protect him.

I think it's better not to limit children's screen time, but to help them to discover new hobbies beside screen. If your child is interested in some hobby, he or she will never waste time on games and social networks. But if children not so successful with their friends or have no interests, they try to escape into digital world.

I think it depends on how old the child is. If the child is very small, then of course it is. He still has a eyesight. No need to spoil it since childhood.

I think that parents need to realize that too much freedom will hurt you. Parents need to limit the time their children spend on the screen and internet. I know that it is a hard task to implement restrictions on your children but you need to do it for their own sake.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:56 PM, FrankLee said:

Should parents limit their children's screen time?

Of course yes, especially if children are really small. Using gadgets from small age is ok in my opinion, it's an important past of our modern society, as also gaining certain skills of using them but in case of children this often leads to developing an addiction to them 😟 That's why it should be always controlled by parents, especially in very small age when such addiction is really harmful for a child's health and general development. I think it's obvious that replacing with them all other activities isn't a good thing at all.
Gadgets and internet can be used for educational and entertaining pusposes in case of children too but even in teenage years a parental control is a necessary thing. There are many apps and programs now like a free keylogger https://www.refog.com/free-keylogger/ for hidden monitoring of children gadgets activities and blocking/filtering all inappropriate content for them (like adult web resources) and protecting from cyberbullying and online scam.

Yes..but they shouldn't do it because everyone else does. And you shouldn't do what other parent do also because children are different and behave differently. If you want to limit screen time, I think you should read more info here! The app has the main goal to empower parents all over the world and give them peace of mind. You can have analytics of your child's device and usage, know which apps are installed, set all embedded Restrictions feature of the iOS system remotely and so on to better understand and then guide usage. Hope you enjoy it!

I agree with you. Parents need to understand that there is a lot of dirty things on the internet that has a negative impact on your children. They need to have a watch over their children. They should put a parental control over the electronic things to save their children.