Losses in Forex

Rate this topic

There is nobody who is able to reduce loss completely from this volatile trading place, but taking some major steps it can be reduced sometimes. If we can manage our risk when trading practically then it is possible to reduce loss form before.  So, we have to emphasis on risk management policy besides acquiring good trading knowledge.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 6:28 PM, tradesprint said:

It is better to take the risk to that extent which we can afford to loose, so better to start with small invest. There are many new traders which invest all of their life savings and lose.

Sadly these kinds of things happens. People get greedy and does not think about the consequences until it is too late.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 11:19 AM, Sininfinity said:

Sadly these kinds of things happens. People get greedy and does not think about the consequences until it is too late.

Greed is just like other emotions which are needed to be set aside while trading, better to stick with a trading plan and once the trading goal is achieved the trading should be stopped and the trader should spend some time reviewing performance.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:57 PM, tradesprint said:

Greed is just like other emotions which are needed to be set aside while trading, better to stick with a trading plan and once the trading goal is achieved the trading should be stopped and the trader should spend some time reviewing performance.

Well depends on what the trader defines as success. I have set a pretty high goal for myself before I will call myself successful. And if/when I reach there I have a plan other than trading. But not planning to stop trading.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Linop

Tradesprint you are right regarding greed on Forex. People should be very well aware of this emotion. However, when somebody has strategy that is making continuous profits they should stick to this strategy and review their trading after first lose deal. At least that is my opinion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I find that lose deals are not bad at all. I see them as excellent learning material, as they have the ability exactly to point on traders weaknesses in trading or in strategy. So, instead of being depressive, it is better to take a look what you have done wrong in your last lose trade

On 3/21/2019 at 12:02 PM, Linop said:

Tradesprint you are right regarding greed on Forex. People should be very well aware of this emotion. However, when somebody has strategy that is making continuous profits they should stick to this strategy and review their trading after first lose deal. At least that is my opinion

Good opinion. It is also not a bad idea to review profitable trades as well. You can learn something from them as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Certainly Sininfinity, I would totally agree with you. It is very useful for new traders to make regular review of their both lose and winning trades in order to get better overview of what they did good and what was wrong. A trading journal might be very helpful in this quest

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Losses are the part of Forex trading and everyone knows that forex traders suffers losses in the market time to time and fail to make money. Most of the traders start trading without proper prepartion and want to become successful but fail. So always prepare yourself for trading properly before start forex trading.

Unfortunately, losses are inevitable in trading simply because Forex trading is not a money making machine.  To be in profit means that losses and profits combined you are still on a positive side. Highly experienced traders doesn't care about losses in individual trades they always look at broader picture. 

• 1 month later...

The forex market is a risky market. Loss is a common factor in this market. Most of the new traders face the loss daily. To cope up with that risk you need to learn properly about forex. You should have enough education about the forex. A broker can help you to make a better trader. I am also a trader. I am currently trading with Forex4you. They always help me to take the right decision at right time. By doing this I can minimize the risk and reduce the possibility of loss. I can ensure profit consistently.