Advertise your business on Top Gold Forum today for as low as $100 per month. Contact us.
Sign in to follow this  
Masha Esina

Dissertation help

I will be starting my dissertation in a few months and have decided to base it on the Song of Ice and Fire series. Although I have a few ideas on what I want the title etc to be I was wandering if anyone had any good ideas for me to write about and explore and more importantly if anyone knows and sources I could use as I'm struggling to find many and I don't think quoting the asoiaf subreddit will be very useful haha. I hope I will overcome it!

While it's a laudable ambition to do a dissertation on ASOIAF it's not the most practical. There isn't likely to be any academic discussions on it, and beyond that its not even finished yet. I'd say the lack of an ending seriously prohibits any fully realized discussions on its themes, etc. this topic is likely better for smaller papers and discussions. That said, I wish you the best of luck and an admonition that while this series may contain many similarities to real world or mythological events it is entirely its own and to apply a single mythos or time period to it will do both the series and yourself a disservice.

I don't mean to sound rude, but have you discussed "ASOIAF-based disseration" with your adviser? It's so narrow it seems barely worthy of a master's (and only worthy if you use some literary theory to talk about it). I'm not a lit PhD (I'm in applied sciences), so I don't know for sure, but if you're fresh out of college you might need to read some other dissertations to get an idea of the scope of PHD work. But if you sill eager to write it I recommend to use dissertation writing srvices. I used this one https://dissertationhelp.com/ during my master`s.