XRP (Ripple) - ripple.com

Rate this topic

• Root Admin

This thread is created to discuss Ripple Crypto-currency

I've just finished my last article for Monetize.info magazine: 2018 Ripple price prediction

Excerpt:

There is one cryptocurrency which lately took the cryptocurrency top, in force, rising spot after spot, now being on the 2nd place by the market capitalization, after having a 450% rise in the month of December 2017.

Ripple is set to disrupt the banking industry in an unprecedented way. The goal of Ripple is to be a global settlement network, a platform to allow anyone to transfer money in any currency to any currency in a matter of seconds.

Ripple is showing plenty of promise. Regardless, similar to other digital coins, its price has been experiencing some volatility, though nothing compared to what Bitcoin has been going through lately.

The future of Ripple depends entirely on the adoption of the platform by banks and that’s where the focus of the people behind Ripple inevitably needs to be. As more banks join the network, the price of XRP will probably skyrocket, driving more people to the coin and enticing banks to join the platform.

Read more: https://monetize.info/ripple-price-prediction-for-2018
Follow us: @monetizeinfo on Twitter | monetize on Facebook

• MrD changed the title to Ripple discussions
  • MrD pinned this topic
  • Root Admin

How to make money with Ripple

As we predicted, there is a good chance that Ripple price will increase over the time and there are several ways you could profit from that. There are two main choices: 1) to acquire Ripple coins and sell them later for profit 2) to trade Ripple, without actually owning through a broker.

How to buy Ripple

If you want to actually own Ripple coins you need first to open a Ripple wallet. The safest option is having a hardware wallet like Ledger. If you don’t want to spend 70 euros on that you can always use a desktop wallet. Another option is to use a web wallet which is less secure but the fastest way to use and store your Ripple coins. Our favorite is GateHub.

Now that you have a ripple wallet you need to buy some Ripple using an exchanger. There are several crypto-currency exchangers that can sell you, Ripple for Bitcoin, Ethereum or plain old Cash. Just to name a few: Bittrex, Kraken, Changelly.

After you get your Ripple, make sure you store it safely and watch the price evolution and sell it for cash or another cryptocurrency when you’re happy with the profit.

How to trade Ripple

If you don’t want to actually own Ripple coins you can still make money from its price evolution by trading it using a broker like eToro or Plus500. You need to open an account with a broker, fund it and then purchase Ripple and sell the position when you’re comfortable with your return. Our favorite broker is eToro.com

Read more: https://monetize.info/ripple-price-prediction-for-2018/#ixzz53AAsOIIE 

• Root Admin

Fuad Ahmed has compiled a list of currencies that are currently present in the market.

Ripple (XRP)

• Market Capitalization: $40.5 Billion
  • Performance in 2017: +16,988%
  • The currency performed +16,988% in the last year, 2017.
  • The currency was developed in the year 2012 and came and is known as Bitcoin’s successor.

Litecoin

• Market Capitalization: $15.11 billion
  • The currency performed +7,004% as the stats from December 2017 tell.
  • Litecoin was created by a former Google employee Charlie Lee.
  • It’s said that Litecoin is silver if Bitcoin is gold.

Monero (XMR)

• Market Capitalization of $5.3 billion
  • The currency performed up to +2,697% in 2017.
  • The creator of Monero happens to be an anonymous person.

Bitcoin (BTC)

• Market Capitalization: $49.4 billion
  • Bitcoin outperformed all other currencies in the year 2017, starting from July particularly. It performed 684% high in the last year.
  • Bitcoin was created by an anonymous developer, while it’s now managed by a team of developers.

Are you interested to make money trading cryptocurrencies? Check our guide then

Read more: https://monetize.info/ripple-best-cryptocurrency-invest-2018/#ixzz53ETddd00 

• TGF Premium

I want to buy some Ripple but finding a reliable exchange with good reviews and is "actually" accepting new users lol is not easy.

Been using this site ( https://www.cryptocompare.com/ ) to compare exchanges, most have bad forum reviews :(

So frustrating. I use Coinbase currently for BTC. I just wish they would pickup Ripple!

• Like 1

• Root Admin

Totally agree with ya @ezcashbiz. Most of the exchanges are facing now problems and if you read reviews you'll find a lot of negativity of each one however you know that people mostly write when they have to complain and when everything goes well they don't say anything. Its human nature lol.

This being said, I use ShapeShift.io to do my exchanges from and to Ripple. The only downside is that they're doing only crypto to crypto exchange not bank to crypto or vice versa. That's why you have to use an exchanger like CoinBase to get some bitcoin or bitcoin cash and then move it to Ripple.

Let me know if you need help with that.

• TGF Premium
On 1/5/2018 at 5:51 AM, Dennis#MD said:

The only downside is that they're doing only crypto to crypto exchange not bank to crypto or vice versa.

At this point I actually prefer this, since the less places that have my bank account info the better ;)

• Like 1

• TGF Premium
On 1/5/2018 at 5:51 AM, Dennis#MD said:

This being said, I use ShapeShift.io to do my exchanges from and to Ripple.

So Binance finally opened up new user registrations again and I was able to get in!

Used my Coinbase account to send ETH over to my Binance account which I then used to buy 101 XRP :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ripple is the second best cryptocurrency for me. I have good amount of investments in it as it is giving the best competition to the king of crypto world "BTC". If you are willing to invest in Altcoins then ripple is the best and wise choice. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you for your post! Very informative and grounded. I liked it :) Well, personally I would like to buy Ripple as my first cryptocurrency. Not only because Bitcoin is too expensive and volatile (but, actually, that's truth). For me ripple looks more reliable, secure and fast.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Dennis, are you sure about your assumptions. What do you think if there is only short term correction? I mean, a lot of people invested in BTC in a short period of time, and price naturally went significantly up. So, it might be that market is just exhausted? What do you think?

• 11 months later...