5 tips for trading during volatile markets

sakura

5-tips.jpg

Trading opportunities are improved by a rise in volatility. The market fluctuates continuously which generates a positive mood for a great upward trend; however, there is also the possibility for significant losses if measures are not taken. When the market is volatile, adjustments regarding trading strategies need to be applied as the markets are uncertain.

Helpful advice for trading in volatile markets:
1. Trade selections
Volatility of the market can cause one to take the risk in order to derive profits. Unprofessional traders can make a bad decision by making incorrect trading selections. If there are trading opportunities to gain a profit in a fluctuating market, there is also the possibility of acquiring losses. Do not place too many trades, but take into consideration the level of risk. It is important to consider financial and psychological levels of risk tolerance.
2. Trade with smaller trade positions
Leverages affect trading largely when the market is volatile. The degree of leveraging and position sizing should be considered even if you have the margin of 1% or half percent. Trade with an average of 1 lot position instead of 2 lot position since the possible loss of 100-200 pips can be made .
3. Discipline is the key to effective trading
Trade in a more disciplined way when the market is unstable. Maintain your trading strategy regardless of the market condition. Control yourself from making trading mistakes and avoid temptations. Follow the set stops, standards for risk management and the contingency plan with confidence. This will assist in deciding the level of risk.
4. Tighten your stops
Tightening stops can perform as great risk managers during periods when the market is volatile. Tight stops can safeguard the position of your currency. Consider placing stops with lesser pips. A break in stop indicates the possibility of a lower trend and tightening the stop can avoid a loss. The currency pair is the determining factor of the width. Traders will have wider stops while trading with Yen. Aim for 75 pip width stops instead of 100 pip.
5. Pull up your socks!

For more detail : 5 tips for trading during volatile markets

Forex market is a market place for currency exchange, here traders are engaging in foreign currency conversion. Forex is highly competitive and risky market due to its volatile nature. To survive in this market, I believe that good trade selection; take small positions in trades, maintaining discipline in trades, using stop loss orders etc. all are keys to survive. My broker AAFX is giving me stop loss facilities, low and fixed 1 pip spread, high leverage, helps me in maintaining good and profitable trades and maintaining discipline while trades.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:03 AM, Mr. Peppermint said:

Learning is the only way that ensures and claims your success in the Forex Market. You need to indulge yourself into the Forex Trading, after you gain proper amount of knowledge, else you might be just wasting your money and time in it.

Yeah, we need to learn first about forex trading. Understand about forex itself, including about forex market. There are many source that we can maximize to learn about forex trading, like ebook, video education in FXB Trading

On 11/28/2017 at 12:03 PM, Mr. Peppermint said:

Learning is the only way that ensures and claims your success in the Forex Market. You need to indulge yourself into the Forex Trading, after you gain proper amount of knowledge, else you might be just wasting your money and time in it.

yes, 100% agree. that's why when i was still a newbie i spend much time on watching video tutorials in YouTube and read a lot of financial blogs. Time consuming yes, but you will reap it when you already gaining some profits. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived