Does anyone know why MT4 accounts are being hacked?

I write a little intrigued and surprised at the number of forums in which they are commenting with warning messages about a virus in MT4, a kind of automated hack that is downloaded next to some EAs. I have read that the EA are of Russian origin, but someone from England did the same with a download that I do in a site with dominion in Italy. I really do not understand much about the subject and I would like you to explain to me please what is going on !!!

It seems that this virs leaves the accounts at zero because it starts to open and close operations in a disorderly way and without stopping ... Please if anyone knows about this write.
Thank you.

Hi! It is a shame to say that the information is true, malicious software is downloaded through certain EAs, the real problem is that we do not know which EAs are contaminated and which are not. I am studying the case and until two days ago I received a complaint to the FCA for an account with a considerable amount that was also hacked. The trader requested that his broker be investigated and that he be given an explanation about the loss of his money.

5 minutes ago, margou said:

Hi! It is a shame to say that the information is true, malicious software is downloaded through certain EAs, the real problem is that we do not know which EAs are contaminated and which are not. I am studying the case and until two days ago I received a complaint to the FCA for an account with a considerable amount that was also hacked. The trader requested that his broker be investigated and that he be given an explanation about the loss of his money.

Wow ... ie the accounts in MT4 that are carried out this type of downloads, it is still unclear which will be infected with the virus or hack? This is really terrible! I am getting in touch with my broker, I have the option of doing checks on my access to the account to maximize security. Apparently the broker is so much of the situation. After doing this I received an email where I was suggested to perform those security steps.

Archived