Day Trading Or Swing Trading

Guest johnsmith00710

Guest johnsmith00710

Day trading has become popular in the last decade. There are many people now who make a successful living by trading different markets. Day trading or swing trading which is better?

Day trading is often depicted in a glamorous manner in the trading literature. Do you know this that day trading is stressful and day traders are often referred to as the kings of stress. Now I am not saying that day trading is something you should avoid. There are people who are masters of day trading and this trading style suits their personality.

However, in my opinion swing trading is a much better option. In day trading you have to sit in front of your computer terminal watching the different charts and waiting for the trading signals. You can do that for a few days but after that fatigue and stress will overtake you especially if you have been making losing trades.

In day trading you open and close a trade within the same day and don't carry forward your trade overnight to the next morning. As compared to that in swing trading you can open a trade anytime of the day when the moment is right and can keep it open for days as long as your profit target is not met.

In swing trading the profit targets are also much higher as well as your stop loss is also more wide so you have more space. Swing trading depends on riding the trend at the right moment and continue riding it as long as it lasts. Day traders are looking for short term trends that may not last more than 24 hours but sometimes as a day trader if at the end of the day you have a profitable position and you feel that you should keep your trade open for a few more days you decide to carry it forward to the next few days.

So sometimes you start as a day trader but end up as a swing trader. In swing trading you don't need to monitor your trade all day. After opening your trade and putting your stop loss and take profit orders you are free as the market will take its own course after that. You only need to take a look at your trade for 10-15 minutes a day anytime of the day that suits you. As long as your technical analysis was correct, your trade will work. So you have much more freedom in swing trading specially for those who do a regular job and trade as well.

• 10 months later...

Basically I am a Intra Day trader and I have been trading as a Intra Day trader with OctaForex broker since last spring. I think Day trading is better than Swing trading cause swing trading very complicated as well as very risky.

A Day trader initiate position with some stop loss in mind if the trade goes against the trader then trader exit the position with some acceptable loss.

However trade can have objective. I always say do not expect too much from market. Be objective and keep minimum exposure with the help of decoupling method or option hedging.

• 8 months later...

Hello Members,

Day trading requires that you practically give your first born during trading hours. You'll be hard press to even take a bathroom break. You are required to analyze the market each and every day and make quick decisions.

On the other hand swing trading allows you to take a breahth. While you still have to watch your stocks to ensure key levels are not breached, you do not have to hawk the tape like a mad man.

• 4 weeks later...

Naked trading is basically their flavor of price action trading. It is when you use price action alone to determine when to enter and exit trades. No indicators and no complicated chart setup. as long as we have very strick rules, and manage exit correctly the entries are not the problem.
while for such trading method beware of volatility, some broker wont let your order executed accordingly. not all brokers are capable to handle price action strategies, I've done these research for years among many brokers, and my last discovery are with Tickmill ECN account, it apprear give better result among other brokers I held with, while implementing exact same trading strategies (EA).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest hunter13

swing trading is great menthod. but we need get clear strategy. we can make profit daily. it is short term strategy. i'm finding the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i think i prefer to do day trading, because i m not always have a time to spend for do forex trading, so i do forex trading daily and always use Stop lose to make it safe when i face lose.

but i'm also thinking about any trader is have their own technique and mindset about how they do their forex trading, so i think u should found what technique is match for u, and if it work for u i think its good for u.

but i'm also thinking about any trader is have their own technique and mindset about how they do their forex trading, so i think u should found what technique is match for u, and if it work for u i think its good for u.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t have any proper way, I believe we should be trading according to our comfort and confidence level, if we feel we are good at day trading then that’s how we should move forward, if we feel we are better at swing then that’s how we should go. I always suggest new comers to keep their minds open and let it develop according to it’s own strength. I do every style of trading, as I leave it down to situation and how it demands. I trade with OctaFX broker; it is a really terrific company with having superb demo contest like cTrader, it is weekly based, so we can participate regularly and figure out the best style we are good at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to my own trading experience, swing trading is much flexible. Besides, I don’t have any tendency to trade for every day. Even though, I get so many opportunities in my live account from TradingBanks since they have more than 200 trading instruments. But, I prefer to use long top loss and take profit so, swing trading is much better option for me.

• 3 weeks later...

but like when there is nothing much to do while waiting for trades i do scalp, call it a hybreed style lol. as long as it makes money, lmfx has good execution that allows easy scalping, the same goes for hotforex never the less, but the big pips will always be with swings and position trades

• 2 months later...

but like when there is nothing much to do while waiting for trades i do scalp, call it a hybreed style lol. as long as it makes money, lmfx has good execution that allows easy scalping, the same goes for hotforex never the less, but the big pips will always be with swings and position trades

Sounds you're an experienced trader, which account type are you trading with for scalping?

• 1 month later...

scalping is just an extra thingy for me, i mean most my trades are swings and i do small scalps between them. this is all done a regular premium account. :) i wont say im an expert even if i have traded hotforex for 5 years now, i still lack a lot, and thrive to make better results.

Archived