Can You Tell The Difference Between A Real Smile From A Fake Smile?

MrD

Well I am sure in real world we will be able to distinguish the real and fake

smile though, because these are only picture, we can never tell right?

I am a female, as we say female instinct are good :P

Yes, if we wanted to ditinguish the real and fake smile in real world, it will be easier than in cyber world. If we saw from pictures, it can fool us because we can't feel the emotions from pictures :)

Yes, if we wanted to ditinguish the real and fake smile in real world, it will be easier than in cyber world. If we saw from pictures, it can fool us because we can't feel the emotions from pictures :)

LOL, your commenting even though you didn't try the quiz. It's not showing pictures. They are showing short clips of people doing smiles for about 10 seconds.

(Also based on a research study.)

LOL, your commenting even though you didn't try the quiz. It's not showing pictures. They are showing short clips of people doing smiles for about 10 seconds.

(Also based on a research study.)

Ya, Andry obviously did not take the test. And did not read the previous posts above.. Hehehe It is actually more difficult to know whether a smile is real or "plastic" in real world because the subject's mind can truly hide their emotions from us. Unlike a research-driven smile, they smile for a sake. Thats the different thing there.

Guest phoenix88

That's just a test or a game, in the real world we can't identify someone's smile sometimes. Because they are great to hide what they are feeling at that time, so you can figure it out.

I am wondering now which is really easier to know, a smiles from tests or a smile you encounter daily? I think maybe they are the same. I am not sure. What do you think about that? Maybe i will try to "psycho" some of my friend's smiles or officemates..

Well I think if you will see the smile in reality you will really be able to detect if that is a fake one or not right? besides those samples given above are not a basis that you are no longer good to judge the difference between a fake and a real one

• 5 weeks later...

not a bad grade there alice.. look at my grade...hehehe

hey pjbabia, you got a good score, you're just 1 point ahead of me. fake smiles are everywhere like someone posted here, sometimes they need it to keep their jobs. just like stand-up comedians. :wacko:

@Alice,

yes, i never expected to get that score.. well anyway. maybe it is just lucky that i got that score...

no don't say that you just got lucky. you got it because you studied their faces very well. i didn't know that we use different muscles for making fake and genuine smiles! B)

• 3 weeks later...

@alice

Yes, same with you. I didn't know if we used different muscle when we made real smile and fake smile. I think it's a little bit hard to know the differences if we didn't know the people.

yes i guess the result is difference to people we know and to a total strangers. because we can easily determine if they're faking it because we're familiar with their faces. :wacko:

well if we are on the real side i guess we may be able to judge them well

you are correct, but what if the person in the subject will smile fakely in such a way that we cannot detect it to be fake. That is then the problem, we cannot just easily spot if its fake or not. Anyway, that is your score?

Archived