Plastic Bags - Yikes

skylady

Plastic Bags - Yikes !

Here is a very revealing slide show about the effects of our common everyday plastic bag. Very sad.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080506/MULTIMEDIA02/80505016

WOW !!!

What a disaster we've created... :blink:

Thank you blondie, { from blondie, the Blog Advertisement on the left side}

I snared this from you, thanks Dear,

skylady ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Mary

remember when the sales clerk used to ask ...PAPER OR PLASTIC?

not anymore...you have to ask them for paper...if they even have it.... :crybaby:

plastic.jpg

cloth bags cost less than a pack of cigs 751ca7ec.jpg.... a happy meal happymeal.gif...a bottle of wine wine-bottle.jpg...

a six pack of beer six-pack-abs.jpg ..... a rented movie video-download-rental.jpg or....

if you don't regularly spend money on one of these luxuries....

mabe try picking something that you spend money on ...on a regular basis..that you can do without once a month, and buy a cloth bag with it...

the less we need plastic ... the less they will make... plus we won't have tons of bags laying around the house, that we are trying to find a use for...

also if you do have a bunch of plastic bags that you want to get rid of...

try the salvation army store and other stores like it...they can always use them...untill we run completely out of them :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

sad to say this but we still use plastic bags here in my place. there's just a particular mall here that limits the use of it once a week. but that's not enough. the government is now planning to ban it. :blink: :excl:

i was about to tell that.. since we are in the same country. But I think the banning of plastic is all over the Philippines. It is good for us to maintain the beauty of nature.

i was about to tell that.. since we are in the same country. But I think the banning of plastic is all over the Philippines. It is good for us to maintain the beauty of nature.

really? so what about in your place, what are the people or establishments doing about this matter? i think they should be the one to take the first step if they want these dangerous plastic to be totally gone. and about those people who will lose their jobs on this kind of businesses the president should take care of them by giving them a new job. B)

it is easy for you to say but it is actually very hard for the government to fully implement. many are jobless, what and where jobs are these people have if they lost it? its really hard... you know..

that is why i just said here that the president should take care of them if they lose their jobs. please read my post carefully. do you care for a few people or for the whole country and for the next generations? B) government officials can handle it. they can give them other jobs. B)

that is why i just said here that the president should take care of them if they lose their jobs. please read my post carefully. do you care for a few people or for the whole country and for the next generations? B) government officials can handle it. they can give them other jobs. B)

as i said, it is easier for you to say that the government can handle it.. look around the entire country, many are poor. what does the government did? and now you want another sets of unemployed? and what kind of job should the government give to them? another plastic factory? did the president had completely solved the unemployment problem? and now add another burder... its not realistic for now. though we have a good president, he cannot decide on his own because there are many.... "corrupt" around him who perpetually influence him.

as i said, it is easier for you to say that the government can handle it.. look around the entire country, many are poor. what does the government did? and now you want another sets of unemployed? and what kind of job should the government give to them? another plastic factory? did the president had completely solved the unemployment problem? and now add another burder... its not realistic for now. though we have a good president, he cannot decide on his own because there are many.... "corrupt" around him who perpetually influence him.

i'm trying to remove this plastic thing in the country but i guess you want it to stay to damage a lot of people in the future. it's okay, it's normal that people will always have a different opinion. :huh:

Archived