Advertise your business on Top Gold Forum today for as low as $100 per month. Contact us.
  • Announcements

• Dennis#MD

New contests on TopGoldForum   10/11/2017

Brand new contest in TGF Cash Folder, with cash prizes for our members: My favorite movie contest. Good luck
Sign in to follow this  
skylady

SilverSnowball - silversnowball.com

Staff

SilverSnowballssbgoldbeard.png

SilverSnowballbeautifulsilver.jpgBUY SILVER EARN SILVER*

SILVER* GOLD* CASH*

Start Your Silver Snowball Rolling NOW

This Is The Simplest Affiliate Pay Plan On The Planet

Earn 1 for every 2

That's Right! For every two orders generated by YOUR website YOU get a bonus ONE FULL OUNCE American Eagle Silver Coin - EVERY MONTH

With 2 Get 1 - With 10 Get 5 - With 100 Get 50

ABSOLUTELY NO LIMITS to what you can earn!

Did you know that silver has increased in price over 300% in the last 5 years?

How many affiliate programs do you know of who have given their affiliates a 300% pay increase?

And with the US dollar losing value by the day your earnings (just like mine) are really going to stack up!

* QUICK SIMPLE & FUN A great way to get more and more Silver!

* MASSIVE MARKET APPEAL Everybody Loves SILVER and GOLD!

* RECEIVE UNLIMITED SILVER COIN, GOLD COIN or CASH BONUSES!

* THE MOST AFFORDABLE silver / gold accumulation program on the planet!

* EASY TO UNDERSTAND, EASY TO JOIN. Start getting silver today!

Tell Me More...

{ Hula will be helping you... When I get mine, I'll switch the url to me }

Build yourself a reserve of REAL MONEY... I'm going to !!!

Visual it being so...

And it shall be...

Staff

QUOTE (Hula @ Jul 1 2009, 05:54 PM) I just love getting those stunning Silver Eagle coins delivered to my mailbox every month! thumbsup.gif

...and I'm so looking forward to the same great feeling of having actual money in my hands...

{worth something, instead of paper NOTES, which is a promise to pay, and dollars doesn't have any monetary meaning in REAL money, sooo guess what - they don't have to honor your 'dollars' ...worth ? ziltch...}

..didn't plan on rambling, but our monetary system and how it is run, really irritates me, ofcourse, WE ALLOWED them to do this to us...

'nough already...

skylady wink.gif

Old site, so will put this here:

Denotes payment in silver, gold, cash. Affiliate may choose type of payment anytime

Visual it being so...

And it shall be...

Staff

By the first of the year, for sure...

Want those dudes in my paw lol

Visual it being so...

And it shall be...

SSB NEWS - JANUARY 1, 2010

The silver business is doing very well. The public is in the early stages of waking up and becoming aware that we live in interesting times. While many businesses continue to slow down, the silver business is the place to be. Below are some articles and links that are good to review. While I agree with the general theme of most of them, you may also note that the are all a bit "one-sided" with expectations for inflation, hyper-inflation, currency collapse etc. While I do expect a currency collapse at some point in the future I believe that is several years away which gives us time to continue to accumulate silver while it's still available - before the shortage hits.

Please keep a long term perspective on silver in case my main forecast of Deflation Ahead comes true. And as announced last month, you get paid on EVERY coin sold. Any "half coin" in commission is rolled forward to the next month so every sale counts.

SSB NEWS - March, 2010

It's been a busy month. Thank you for your continued support. Last month I mentioned how the silver business continues to increase. I'm sending out more and more Silver Eagles to members.

And to new members who didn't see that I wrote:

That's because business overall is up and the commission increase announced a couple months ago is generating more bonus coins to members. And in the past I've noticed more interest in silver during a similar stage in silver price action.

Please keep a long term perspective on silver in case my main forecast of Deflation Ahead comes true. The good part, if there is any good part of deflation, is you have more time to promote your site and accumulate silver. Every coin adds up. You get paid on EVERY coin sold. Any "half coin" in commission is rolled forward to the next month so every sale counts.

Back to this month - all that remains true.

What's ironic is that last month's newsletter had an article entitled THE SILVER SHORTAGE WILL COME. What I didn't expect is that after the US Mint stopped production of Silver Eagles, like they do every year to change the presses, and then some of the new 2010s came out in January, that there would be a second almost 1 month drought of Eagles.

Even now there are 3 week delivery delays at some dealers, though others have them. I did get some 2010s and then a week later when none were around I was able to order some mixed dates, which will likely be mostly 2009s. So you could get either this month. If you are hoping to get a 2010 don't worry as they'll be mainly what I should be able to send out this year.

What happened is in early February the Mint went on vacation. I'm not sure for how long but there were hardly any new or backdated Silver Eagles in stock at many dealers for most of February. There were some for sale but with future shipping dates. Dealers had very little in stock and what was in stock had much higher premiums than normal.

What I did is pay the higher prices when they were occasionally available. And more are being delivered to the large dealers toward the end of March so Silver Snowball remains one of the most convenient ways to keep acquiring silver. It's my job to do the shopping around for you. And about the fastest way to receive it as anyone looking for Silver Eagles the past 3 months has found out.

While I do expect that there will be enough Silver Eagles throughout this year, the fact that there are occasional shortages is just a small sign of what a true silver shortage would feel like. Even now I'm still seeing future delivery dates being advertised for Silver Eagles so supply remains very tight. And all this while the general public still has not caught silver fever.

THE MARKETS

US Stocks - Bear market rally has topped. Long term trend down though 2012 - 2016. First target is a decline to below the lows of last March. Eventual target is to below Dow 1000, possibly below Dow 500.

US Dollar - Near a short term peak. Intermediate term trend remains up. This rally could last a year or so. Long term trend down. This means that many other currencies will go down in value relative to the US Dollar such as the Euro and Australian Dollar. When "everyone" loves the US Dollar again that will be the time to expect the end game for it to resume. Right now, crazy as the term sounds, there is a dollar shortage. It's still the means of exchange and people don't have enough. The coming wave of debt defaults will take even more dollars out of the system, even faster than the Fed can add them. That's deflationary.

I expect the Euro to eventually disappear as countries break away from the European Union. I expect more secessionist movements in the US. During happy times countries come together. During other times things go the other way. The world could look a lot different in 5 years.

Interest Rates - Short and long term trends remain up. This means most bonds will lose value. Many will default. Stay short term.

Precious Metals - As expected, Silver bounced higher last month and may have a little more to go. Short term trend down should resume. Long term trend is up. I consider corrections in metals a gift that gives us more time to accumulate silver while it's still affordable. At some point in the future I believe that paper currencies will have to convert to some type of precious metals backing. We want to be in silver BEFORE that happens.

Real Estate - Down.

The Economy - Down. Deflation will accelerate. Unemployment should ultimately double before this deflation ends.

Silver Eagles - Get 'em while you can :-) (our slogan has never been more true)

Thank you for all you are doing to help people own silver,

Ed

Admin, Silver Snowball - Keeping the Silver coming to You

SSB NEWS - Sept 1, 2010

Most major financial markets are continuing to follow the forecasts you've been reading in the Markets section of this newsletter. Stocks are going down as expected. Last month's forecast for the US Dollar said, "Short term prices are approaching a low" and the dollar bottomed for this cycle. Regarding interest rates I wrote, "Short term rates down but near a low" and interest rates may have bottomed as expected.

Ironically the one market that I was the least sure about was precious metals and wrote, "Short term trend is turning back down or will after one more push up to its recent highs." Silver and gold decided they preferred the second half of that and have been in steady uptrends and are close to reaching their "recent highs." I'm still the least certain of how high this move may go or if it's ending now near the top of the sideways range they have been in for months. If metals make new highs it could be a "Break-Out" or a "Fake-Out." My best guess is that silver might go a little higher from here and then the deflationary trend will take over and stop the rally for a while. But we may first see a sharp spike higher. I've heard from one dealer that "A significant amount of silver is now being shipped to Europe and many investors are looking to this metal as an important part of their portfolios." Someone's been buying a lot of silver the past week and driving up prices. I do think the sideways trend is ending and it could be a wild month.

For many months I've had as part of my precious metals forecast the following:

"At some point in the future I believe that paper currencies will have to convert to some type of precious metals backing. Or people may just lose faith in paper money .We want to be in silver BEFORE that happens."

While I get worried if I see too many people actually agreeing with me I'm happy to see a renowned financial writer I greatly respect say what I've been saying, but in a different way with a new reason behind his thinking that I hadn't thought of. Here's how Richard Russell, the long time very successful editor of Dow Theory Letters, in remarks posted on his website on August 16th explains:

''Every primary bear market brings about one massive shocker. In the bear market of the 1930s, it was the epidemic of bank failures and the collapse of the Dow to the unbelievable value of 41.22 on July 8, 1932.

What could be the shocker of this bear market? This is obviously a Russell guess, but I believe the shocker of this bear market will be the collapse and death of fiat money. Bear markets exist for the purpose of getting rid of the corruption and lies and garbage of the preceding bull market. Fiat money is a lie and basically man-made garbage. I don't believe it will survive this bear market.''

The Collapse And Death Of Fiat Money - 7 little words with HUGE implications. I would guess that this is a real possibility but that it won't occur until the economy bottoms and we are nowhere near the bottom yet. So in the perversely "good news" department it means we should have be able to continue to prepare for the inevitable fiat money collapse.

SILVER as Currency in Michigan - Alternate Currencies on the Rise

THE MARKETS

US Stocks - Short term trend remains down hard. The next down-draft is expected to be sharp with the Dow falling several thousand points. Downside potential remains historic. Long term trend down though mid 2016. This phase down in stocks will be larger than the 2007 - 2009 decline. It has already started and the public is clueless. I expect ALL world stock markets to fall.

US Dollar - Short and Intermediate term US Dollar trends have turned up. This rally could last several weeks or many months. Long term trend down, as is the case of all unbacked paper currencies since the beginning of history.

Interest Rates - Have put in or will soon put in a major bottom. The bond market is currently the biggest bubble about to (slowly) burst.

Precious Metals - Short term trend up. That could change. Long term trend is up. At some point in the future I believe that paper currencies will have to convert to some type of precious metals backing. Or people may just lose faith in paper money .We want to be in silver BEFORE that happens. Interest in silver continues to grow as evidenced by the record breaking Silver Eagle sales and of course the fact prices have been rising.

Real Estate - Down.

The Economy - Down. Deflation will accelerate. Unemployment should ultimately double before this deflation ends. The largest measure of money supply in the US, M3, is contracting at a rate that is only comparable to the Great Depression (see http://news.goldseek.com/PeterCooper/1275321600.php )

Ed

Update...

Silver prices have been steadily rising for many months - up 173% since the 2008 low and above 30 month highs. Due to persistently higher silver prices, which of course increases the value of your Silver Eagles, we had to adjust the price per coin by $6.

The U.S. Mint announced on Sept 30 that it is significantly raising the premium on all Silver American Eagle coins. Obviously, every dealer will have to increase their premiums on Silver American Eagle coins.

This breaking news comes on the heels of silver reaching a new 30-year record high over the past week. If you already own Silver American Eagles, the value of your coins has steadily increased. But it's always good to get more, right :-) ?

SSB NEWS - October 1, 2010

It's obvious gold and silver have been on a rocket ride higher with silver up 25% in less than 2 months. Almost everyone is expecting higher prices. I'll give my opinion in the markets section below.

During the past month I've seen an unusually high number of very bullish articles about precious metals. Here's a sample of some you might enjoy.

Richard Daughty points out that “in 1900 there were 12 billion ounces of silver in the world. By 1990, that figure had been reduced to around 2.2 billion ounces,” and now “today, there are less than 1 billion ounces in above-ground refined silver.”

http://dailyreckoning.com/staggering-stats-about-silver-supply/

YouTube - MUST WATCH: The Curious Case For $936 Ounce Silver.

>From Congressman Ron Paul, in his ''Texas Straight Talk'' column on his House of Representatives website, on September 13th:

''Faced with continuing economic decline and an impending election, the administration, predictably, is entertaining the idea of another stimulus package. To explain why the last one didn't work, adherents to the Keynesian economic philosophy are claiming that they actually did work - it just looks like they didn't because we don't realize how much worse off we would be right now without trillions of dollars of public spending. The last administration bought into Keynesianism just as much as this one does, unfortunately. Until we have leaders who understand that debt is not the way to prosperity, there will be no stopping runaway government spending.''

''This administration is falling into the same dangerous trap we fell into during the Great Depression, as did the Germans leading into their hyperinflation of the 1920's. The temptation is to do something, anything, proactive to attempt to stimulate the economy, but history has shown us that governments cannot spend their way into prosperity. The best thing government could do is get back to its Constitutional limitations and let the economy stabilize, heal and recover without the crushing burden of government holding it back.''

>From Liam Pleven and Carolyn Cui, in an article in The Wall Street Journal on September 17th:

''There is a silver lining to the gold rally.

Silver futures on Thursday hit their highest level since 1980, the year the Hunt brothers allegedly attempted to corner the market. Individual investors are snapping up new Silver Eagle and antique coins, and hedge funds have been plowing money into the metal since midyear.

The fervor has pushed prices up 4.8% this week, and 23% this year, outstripping even gold's 16% gain. Silver settled Thursday hitting the highest level since Oct. 15, 1980. Prices hit their all-time high of $48.70 in January 1980, fueled by the Hunt brothers' buying.''

''Silver is still well below the record high hit in January 1980, the year the big silver bet by William Herbert Hunt and Nelson Bunker Hunt began going sour. Prices dropped sharply early that year, slamming the value of the value of the Hunts' holdings.

On an inflation-adjusted basis, silver prices are even further from their 1980 high.''

THE MARKETS

US Stocks - Short term trend remains down hard. The next down-draft is expected to be sharp with the Dow falling several thousand points. Downside potential remains historic. Long term trend down though mid 2016. This phase down in stocks will be larger than the 2007 - 2009 decline. It has already started and the public is clueless. I expect ALL world stock markets to fall.

US Dollar - Short and Intermediate term US Dollar trends about to turn up. This rally could last several weeks or many months. Long term trend down, as is the case of all unbacked paper currencies since the beginning of history.

Interest Rates - Have put in or will soon put in a major bottom. The bond market is currently the biggest bubble about to (slowly) burst.

Precious Metals - Short term trend up and we may get a quick sharp spike higher. But the rally is getting long and the level of optimism about precious metals is similar to what has been seen at past intermediate term peaks so at some point we will get a correction that lasts more than 20 minutes. It could start here or it could start after another push higher. Long term trend remains up. At some point in the future I believe that paper currencies will have to convert to some type of precious metals backing. Or people may just lose faith in paper money .We want to be in silver BEFORE that happens. Interest in silver continues to grow as evidenced by the record breaking Silver Eagle sales and of course the fact prices have been rising.

Real Estate - Down.

The Economy - Down. Deflation will accelerate. Unemployment should ultimately double before this deflation ends. The largest measure of money supply in the US, M3, is contracting at a rate that is only comparable to the Great Depression (see http://news.goldseek.com/PeterCooper/1275321600.php ) The past year or so has been a reflationary pause in the unfolding deflationary contraction.

Ed

SSB NEWS - November 1, 2010

No one needs to tell you that silver prices have gone crazy up the past three months.

Oh wait a minute . . . . Maybe you have a normal life and don't spend your day checking the price of silver from the first thing in the morning to the last thing at night . . . like I do because I have to buy a bunch of it regularly so I always know what Silver Eagle prices are. So in case no one told you . . . .

Silver prices have gone up and up and up over the past three months. That's GOOD isn't it?

We all like silver because we think it's going to go up in price. The funny thing is that while we all want silver to go up, ironically no one likes paying more for it. Me probably the most because it affects the price it sells for. It's way more expensive to buy everywhere and there's no way around the business fact that if I didn't adjust our pricing to be able to keep buying more silver to send to you then I'd run out of silver and that wouldn't be good.

Frankly I wish silver prices would go down for a few years, to give everyone more time and more silver. And THEN it would be good if silver prices zoomed ahead to $100, $500 or $infinity. Just not next week please.

By the way, whenever this bull run is over which might have already happened, or might with a move a couple dollars higher from here, (or might with a move back to the 1980 high) the above IS my best guess for what is going to happen with silver . . . . and everything else that has been moving in the opposite direction of the US Dollar like the US stock market, real estate, the Euro, gold, and pork bellies (which recently made new all time highs along with gold).

The good news about that is if silver prices come down and IF there is no Silver Eagle shortage which could happen at any time, and once I compensate and recuperate from the relentlessly rising prices over the past 3 months (as explained in detail in the Pricing 101 section below) then assuming all that happens I'll be able to announce the also "good news" that I can lower prices.

I can't express how much I appreciate how members are bearing with these higher silver costs and staying active in Silver Snowball. And it's a great time to be promoting because just as many new subscribers a day are joining as normal. If you are concerned about the higher prices I'm hoping it's just a temporary phase we are going through and things can get back to normal. Anything might happen through the expected end of year silver shortages. And there are currently all sorts of urgent reasons out there why silver is about to explode higher. I expect the first week of this month to be pivotal.

I was going to include all sorts of links and articles of why silver "has to" go higher. There are tons of reasons from the new case in court about silver manipulation, the new round of Fed easing and attempt to increase the money supply (because nothing they have done so far has worked the logical thing is of course to do even more???). I've got links and articles with the following Subject lines:

Bloomberg news: Silver May Gain Into 2011 on Investor, Industry Use, Deutsche Bank Says

Silver Guru, David Morgan, gives a frank interview - "Currency Crisis has begun!"

Silver VS Gold - Disconnected price ratio.

Silver should be selling for over $80 per ounce right now with Gold over $1300 per ounce.

JPMorgan Chase & Co. and HSBC Holdings PLC were hit by two lawsuits yesterday by investors claiming that they manipulated silver futures and options prices in violation of US antitrust law

And if you need something to put into an ad to this is a nice excerpt:

"Silver, at its current price is trading for only 1.78% the price of gold. We have a gold/silver ratio of 56, despite the fact that only ten times more silver has been produced in world history than gold. On December 11th, 2009, NIA declared silver the best investment for the next decade. On December 21st, 2009, in NIA's top 10 predictions for 2010, NIA predicted a sharp decline in the gold/silver ratio, which was 64 at the time. NIA was right, the gold/silver ratio has declined by 12.5% so far this year.

Silver possesses all of the same monetary qualities as gold, but silver is also used for countless industrial applications. 95% of all silver produced in world history has been consumed. World silver inventories have declined from 10 billion ounces in 1940 down to only 1 billion ounces today. Meanwhile, almost all of the gold mined in world history remains in the form of bullion bars stored in vaults. The world has approximately 2 billion ounces of gold inventories today. The total value of the world's gold inventories is currently $2.656 trillion compared to the total value of the world's silver inventories of $23.68 billion. This means the value of the world's gold inventories today is worth an unbelievable 112 times more than its silver inventories."

or

"Two of the world's largest investment banks, HSBC Holdings (NYSE: HBC) and JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) are embroiled in a scandal involving the manipulation of silver prices.

The two firms are accused of acting to depress silver prices in order to increase the value of their downside bets against the price of the metal.

With lawsuits pending against the banks, the Commodity Futures Trading Commissioner Bart Chilton recently announced that there have been "fraudulent efforts to persuade and deviously control" silver prices.

The news is great for silver investors - as these two banks are forced to cover or abandon their short positions, they'll bid up the price of silver even further.

Already this year, as the banks have reduced their short-side bets, the price of silver has risen nearly 50%."

But . . . instead of putting all the excerpts from all the experts who predict higher metals prices, which they all do expect higher prices, I'll write this edition of SSB News by actually writing it. Hold on tight.

The story begins - a short history of where we are in time.

Following a long bear market from the year 1720 through around 1789 a great long wave of economic expansion and progress began in the world. During the period from 1789 through early 2001 the stock market and most everything else went up in price. There were two major market crashes during this time - around the Civil War and the 1930s Great Depression. So during the roughly 200 year bull market it was interrupted a couple times.

In 2001 we had the start of a topping process to the next market interruption. This topping process has lasted a decade. First technology stocks peaked in 2001 followed by a 50% general stock market decline. Then a second peak, actually series of peaks mid decade with real estate prices peaking in 2005, the Dow and S&P peaking in 2007, oil peaking at $160 a barrel. This was followed by a 54% market decline. Then we had the bailout and even more spending which wasn't enough to bring the markets all the way back but gold went on to new all time highs, silver went up but hasn't confirmed gold's move . . . yet. Could the current "sell the dollar, buy gold" fever be similar to the tech fever, real estate fever, oil fever of the past decade? If so what happens next?

So yes, silver might keep going up right away, or it might need a correction first. I'm hoping for the correction but silver will do what it wants to do based on whether more people are buying it or selling it.

I agree with all the experts who say the dollar will disappear or be replaced with a different version. I only suggest that their timing is different than mine. I think we have a good chance we will have a deflationary depression first, and THEN silver prices will begin the next 10 year advance.

I'm expecting the trends to become evident during November with a reversal in everything that's been going up as the US Dollar has been declining. For months, many months, yes many months too early, I've been saying the dollar is bottoming. It so far appears to have put in bottom two weeks ago.

And for month's I've been saying the stock market was going to go down thousands of points, which hasn't happened yet. What has happened is that last April the bear market rally in stocks peaked, then fell 16% and has slowly rallied back but it's still below where it was on April 26 the day of the bear market rally peak. And every average of the Daily Sentiment Indicator among traders is showing that investors are even more bullish than they were at the April peak. For example at the April high the 30 day DSI was 80% Bulls. On October 18 it reached 83% The 1 Day DSI was 92% in April and 93% in October. Bottom line. Traders are even more bullish than they were at the last top. I expect stocks will start to go down hard during November, probably starting the first week of November. We'll see. But call this a really really important guess since I'm no expert, especially because I disagree with currently 90% of the crowd.

If the dollar has bottomed for a while and starts going up even faster then it has over the past two weeks, and stocks start cra. . . cra. . . ok I'll say it CRASH then I expect everything else will also start going down in price.

Yes a silver shortage could begin soon but from what I see out in the world, especially in the US, there is also a "dollar shortage". The Fed hasn't done a very good job of inflating. And governments are being asked by the people to stop spending (except in places where the government HAS actually stopped spending so in those place there are protests to increase spending). The well known gurus are all expecting hyper-inflation. I'm expecting hyper-deflation. It's similar in effect to what happens to people (they get broke) but it's the opposite in what goes up or down in value, a sort of important difference.

Still, I love silver. And since I'm often wrong and the experts are sometimes right all I can suggest is you own silver and cash in a safe form, treasury bill money market fund or safe bank, not one of the thousands that will close their doors. Gold's fine but we like silver better because it's just as rare, perhaps rarer when there are shortages, yet a tiny fraction of the price of gold.

My difference with all the experts is in timing. If I'm correct that the main part of the deflation will bottom mid 2016 then we have a golden opportunity, make that a silver opportunity, to accumulate silver at reasonable prices. It's possible silver prices will stop going up sometime soon. Best guess is we've seen the peak, second best guess is we will with a pop another $2 higher, third best guess is a blow out move to $50 - $100. All three guesses are to by followed by a correction in prices. I'm just not sure it has started but should have a better guess by the end of the month :-)

THE MARKETS

US Stocks - Short term trend should turn down hard this month. This next down-draft is expected to be sharp with the Dow falling several thousand points. Downside potential remains historic. Long term trend down though mid 2016. This phase down in stocks will be larger than the 50% 2000 - 2002 decline or the 54% 2007 - 2009 decline. It has already started and the public is clueless as they seem not to remember those declines. I expect ALL world stock markets to fall.

US Dollar - Short and Intermediate term US Dollar trends are turning up. I'll allow for one last scary plunge if the bottom isn't already in place. This latest rally which so far started in October could last several weeks or many months. Long term trend down, as is the case of all unbacked paper currencies since the beginning of history. How can I be long term bearish on the Dollar and all paper money yet call for a US Dollar rally? Because other than the advice I get from the advisory service I use, I haven't found a single other guru, expert, writer, person, or even SSB member that agrees with me. Who is left to "sell the dollar?" I look for a 15% or so rally in the USD. Throughout the long term Dollar decline it's been normal for it to fall perhaps around 35% then have an upward 15% retracement rally. It zigzags like that as it stair steps down in a two steps down one step up pattern. We are due for one step up.

Interest Rates - Have put in or will soon put in a major bottom. The bond market, especially high yield (junk) bonds is currently the biggest bubble about to (slowly) burst.

Precious Metals - Short term trend is mixed with gold prices appearing to have peaked but silver remains in strong uptrend. But the rally is getting long and the level of optimism about precious metals is similar to what has been seen at past intermediate term peaks so at some point we will get a correction that lasts more than 20 minutes. It could start here or it could start after another push higher. Long term trend remains up. At some point in the future I believe that paper currencies will have to convert to some type of precious metals backing. Or people may just lose faith in paper money .We want to be in silver BEFORE that happens and should my forecast for deflation prove correct than it will give us the last great buying/accumulation period for silver. Interest in silver continues to grow as evidenced by the record breaking Silver Eagle sales and of course the fact prices have been rising.

Real Estate - Down.

Forex - Sell EUR/USD. Sell XAU/USD.

The Economy - Down. Deflation will accelerate. Unemployment should ultimately double before this deflation ends. The largest measure of money supply in the US, M3, is contracting at a rate that is only comparable to the Great Depression (see http://news.goldseek.com/PeterCooper/1275321600.php ) The past year or so has been a reflationary pause in the unfolding deflationary contraction.

Coin Prices 101 (Why are prices so high?) - (Edited 11/9/10 to reflect the latest daily new 30 year high)

I understand that while we all expected higher silver prices no one likes to pay higher silver prices. As silver has risen 98% in price since last February which is DOUBLE the price, for a long time I was able to keep Silver Snowball prices stable by not raising prices when silver coins were above what I could afford to pay for them (at our old price) and luckily being able to buy supply on a dip in prices. I did that a lot during the year and managed to keep the price stable until silver broke way above the range it had stayed in through September.

When pricing conditions changed to where I could no longer hold off adjusting prices I raised SSB prices by $2. But as silver went up more and more and over the next month I had to keep adjusting prices because my costs kept rising almost every day.

Several members did write to me and were surprised that I suddenly raised prices.

Here's how one member phrased it:

>>> Hi Ed,

>>>

>>> I do believe there is a billing error ; I realize, as we have been anticipating, a

>>> rise in the price of silver and also a bump up from $1.50 to $2.00 over spot

>>> price on what the mint is charging dealers now, but an 18% rise over last

>>> month. Can't be. Please inform.

>>>

>>> Thanks

>>>

>>> ~Ron

I wrote back: - (Edited 11/9/10 to reflect the latest daily new 30 year high and current conditions)

Hi Ron,

Just to let you know, every time silver goes up by a dollar my costs go up by a dollar and fifty cents because I'm sending 1/2 a coin commission to the sponsor on every coin sold. There's no way around that since that's what I promise to pay members per sale. The only way I could not raise prices would be to cut commissions which would cause a panic among all members who are earning bonus coins. We don't want to do that.

Silver hit a low of $17.46 in August and today hit $29.34 which is a $11.88 increase in spot prices. The good news is that any coins you already own are worth about $12 more each than they were 3 months ago. The US Mint just increased their wholesale price to dealers from $1.50 over spot to $2.00 over spot. The bulk pricing dealer I bought from today just raised their premium to $2.59 over spot. So my cost for buying coins has actually risen by $14.47 per coin when buying Silver Eagles. Because my costs go up by $1.50 every time silver rises by $1 my true cost for coins has gone up by 1.5 times $14.47 which is $21.70. Over the past two months I've been forced to raise prices several times, in total by $16 which is $5.70 less than the amount just the "cost of product" has gone up.

Another way of looking at it is the price of silver has gone up 64% in two months. I've raised prices by 44%. Based on the $1.50 price rise in silver JUST TODAY I should have raised prices today but I'm didn't because I had to raise them just yesterday so based on today's silver prices I'm charging too little (again) but I will do everything I can to keep the price to members as low as I possibly can and still stay in business. I hope you agree that it seems fair that if the cost of product to a business goes up by 64% and if the business raises their price by 44% that the business is doing all that is possible to not pass on the entire price rise of their product cost.

And the bottom line way I look at it is that my business bank balance has been steadily going down for a few months (because I didn't start raising prices soon enough) leaving me without enough money coming in to afford to be able to buy more silver should silver prices start going up even more. I don't raise prices "ahead" of silver prices going up because I never know how much they will rise. I wait to the last second as I'm aware that keeping the price as low as mathematically possible helps increase sales which benefits all members.

I don't mean it to be a surprise to members which is why in the welcome email you received when you joined I point out that prices can change and to check the main website for current price. It's also in the FAQ and Terms and a couple reminders are in the back office to read the FAQ. So there are about 5 places I try to tell members to check the website for pricing because pricing can change. We all just got used to silver being in a small range for over two years so I didn't have to adjust prices for almost two years. Unfortunately silver has been surprising everyone with how quickly it's been moving up. I don't get any warning in advance that prices are going higher, other than the fact that we are in the silver business because we expect higher prices so I guess that's good. But I sure wish silver would stop going up so it wouldn't cost as much.

I apologize if you weren't aware of our prices going up along with silver prices. It wasn't meant to be a surprise. Prices changed so quickly (one day they rose by a full $1, which is $1.50 in my costs, today by another $1.50 which is $2.25 in my costs) I physically don't have enough time in the day to notify members ahead of time (and I don't know what silver prices will be ahead of time) which is why I ask members to keep an eye on silver prices and the price on our website. I went to bed at one price and this morning silver was up another $1.50. Prices rose literally overnight. I probably should have started to raise prices several months ago as silver started climbing instead of cutting my profits so close to break even as besides the cost of silver the credit cards take 4% off the top, the instant audio on the websites costs me hundreds of dollars a month, the enhancement we made to the comp plan where odd coin sales carry forward to the next month costs me about $1000 a month though the main reason is simply the cost of Silver Eagles where a box of 500 used to cost me $8000 to $10,000 and the box I bought today cost $15,967.95. I need to buy silver every 8 or 9 days so my monthly silver cost has risen $15,000 or more. I do try to keep prices as low as I can and generally operate with a $2 - $3 profit per order. It's actually been about $0 profit the past two months because I'm paying members bonus coins based on coins that were sold a month ago at much lower prices but they are getting bonus coins I had to pay much higher prices for. So when it gets near the point the company is losing money I have to raise prices to be able to stay in business. If prices go down, and stay down for more than a month or so then I'll be able to lower prices like I did before after the run up in prices a couple years ago. But it won't be instantly because I need to make up for some of the time I've been charging too little.

The best way to get lower prices is to send more visitors to your website so they can join. Then you would have more bonus coins added to your order which effectively reduces you cost per coin acquired.

And if we have to find a silver lining to this higher prices cloud - your Silver Eagles have gone up a lot and every member earning bonus coins has gotten a BIG RAISE.

Ron responded:

Crystal clear now Ed. I think that would be a good notice to send to everybody. I certainly now comprehend the cost structure more fully from your perspective. An $8.00 jump month over month was an eye opener. In my opinion you have the best coin program going. The real public awareness and demand is yet to come in my opinion. Joe Sixpack aint on board by any stretch yet. Thanks for the comprehensive explanation.

~Ron : )

"Tis the season for silver coin shortages"

We are entering the time of the year when silver coin, especially Silver Eagle shortages start to occur. That's because every year the US Mint stops production for two to three months while they change the presses to produce the next year's coin. Last year they stopped earlier than normal so I expect to hear an announcement any day now that "US Mint Stops Silver Eagle Production." This is normal. I just want to mention it because between that and the crazy rise in silver prices lately I expect Silver Eagles to be in high demand and short supply over the next 3 months. I've always managed to be able to find enough coins to keep them coming to you so don't worry about anything. I just mention it because it's one more thing that may cause the value of your Silver Eagles to rise over the near term.

There you have it - the "Expanded Special Edition" of SSB News. Hope it didn't take too many cups of coffee to get through it. I remain totally dedicated to Silver Snowball and appreciate all your support. And in case you are wondering how all the recent silver excitement has affected business - just as many new members as normal are joining every single day so fortunately the current pricing hasn't affected that. There's no fever like Silver Fever. Well ok, there's gold fever. But with silver in a faster uptrend now than gold ya gotta love silver.

Ed

My coin shipment is on it's way! My home safe is getting full. :laugh:

Interesting reading from admin (Ed Freeman)...

SSB NEWS - March 1, 2011

There has been a lot of good market commentary this month. Here are several of my favorite articles and quotes.

The #1 Metal of the Year (It's Not Gold)

By Greg McCoach | Friday, February 25th, 2011

Gold will continue dominate the precious metal headlines in 2011. But it's silver that will ultimately be the year's top performing precious metal.

Don�t get me wrong; gold will do very well for investors this year.

But on a dollar-for-dollar basis, silver is going to blow the doors off gold�s performance in 2011.

Silver could easily eclipse the metal's 1980 nominal high of $50 an ounce this year.

And when you learn just how little silver is available on the market right now, I think you'll agree...

The ten largest precious metal traders on COMEX currently hold net short silver positions that represent more than 330 million ounces � nearly half of total global silver production.

Compare that to gold, in which the net short position in of the same ten traders represents 25 million ounces (or a mere 1%) of the 2 billion ounces of world gold inventory.

That means the net short position in silver is 27 times greater than that of gold.

This is setting up what I believe could be an explosive situation for wise investors.

The world's largest holders of silver bullion account for roughly half (500 million ounces) of the available 1 billion ounces of worldwide silver.

This is spread over the seven largest investment funds, which include iShares Silver Trust (NYSE: SLV), the Central Fund of Canada (AMEX: CEF), and others.

This means only 500 million ounces remain for the rest of the world to invest in.

And remember that, at some point, 330 million ounces of this will eventually need to be purchased by the net physical short positions of the ten largest short players who will have to eventually cover.

That means there would only be 170 million ounces of silver available to investors worldwide who are suddenly buying silver in ever-increasing amounts.

And unlike gold, there is little in the way of available above ground silver inventory.

The COMEX reports roughly 120 million ounces of silver in inventory. But most of this is already accounted for by those who hold a warehouse receipt.

All this becomes a real problem when you consider that ownership of physical silver is practically becoming a religion in China.

In the past 16 months, China has gone from a net exporter of ~100 million ounces of silver to a net importer of ~150 million ounces of silver. This essentially means that ~250 million of silver is no longer available to the market on an annual basis.

The Chinese government is teaching their citizens the ownership of silver is an antidote to a devaluing U.S. dollar.

And they're right.

This has massive implications for the silver market when you consider the 1.3 billion people who live there are rapidly becoming more interested in buying physical bullion... and will continue to do for quite some time in increasing amounts.

The price of silver is now within striking distance of re-testing record highs as the metal continues to react to rising global demand and rapidly diminishing supplies.

As I mentioned, I expect to see the price of silver top $50 this year. In respect to this, I continue to urge speculators to buy physical silver while it's still easily available to the retail market.

Investments in physical silver � as well as quality silver stocks � will perform very well in the coming months and year.

Good Investing,

Greg McCoach

Analyst, Wealth Daily

Investment Director, Mining Speculator and Insider Alert

By Myra P. Saefong, MarketWatch

After an impressive rally in silver that's lifted the metal's value by nearly 70% in just the last six months to a three-decade high, it's only normal for investors to wonder whether the run is built to last. The short answer from most analysts is yes, but there are some reasons why it may be on shaky ground, and lots of reasons why silver's bound to trip and fall a few times. A large part of silver's rally has come from bets that demand for the metal from the investment and industrial sectors will continue at a remarkable pace. ''Silver will outperform gold because of its industrial uses, together with the fact that the number of potential investors is far greater,'' said Julian Phillips, an editor at SilverForecaster.com and GoldForecaster.com.

. . . and from Mary Anne and Pamela Aden, editors of the Aden Forecast newsletter, in a weekly update posted on their website on February 23rd:

''Events and changes in the Middle East are happening fast. Country after country is being affected and this is moving the markets. Silver, gold and oil are soaring, and other safe haven investments are getting a boost as well. But stock investors are getting nervous and this is putting downward pressure on the stock market. These are indeed fascinating times and it looks like unrest is going to continue. This in turn will keep pressure on the markets. Here is what we're currently watching . . .

Silver is extraordinary as it shoots ahead, gaining almost 20% just this month. It's clearly the top performer as it hits 30 year highs on a daily basis. It'll remain super strong above $30. In fact, the longer silver stays above $30, the more impressive the rise will be because, historically, it was only above $30 for 10 weeks during the 1979-80 blow-off peak.

Based on silver's action, gold's 'D' decline is clearly over and the A rise has begun. That is, if silver is leading . . . and it seems to be. Gold broke clearly above its 15 week (75-day) moving average, which means the trend is up and an 'A' rise is likely getting started. If gold (basis April) now stays above $1373 and closes at a new record high, then gold is clearly following silver in a renewed leg up in the bull market. This could well be a powerful move!''

=====

I'm back. Here's my guesses for the markets:

THE MARKETS

US Stocks - Down. The bear market rally is over and the main trend down has resumed. Long term trend down though mid 2016. This phase down in stocks will be larger than the 50% 2000 - 2002 decline or the 54% 2007 - 2009 decline. It has likely already started and the public is clueless as they seem not to remember those declines. I expect ALL world stock markets to fall.

US Dollar - Short term trend, perhaps very short term, remains down. I'm not as sure that the November lows will hold but so far they have so this may turn into a test of those lows. Or if we break those lows the USD may test the 2008 low. Long term trend down, as is the case of all unbacked paper currencies since the beginning of history.

Interest Rates - Going lower short term.

Bonds - Going higher short term.

Interest Rates - Going down short term.

Oil - A recent traders survey on the outlook for oil came in at 97% bullish. 97 our of 100 traders expect higher oil prices. This happened once before, a few years ago when oil hit $160 a barrel. Oil is around $100 now and traders haven't been this optimistic since the last time oil prices peaked. Everything you see and hear about oil comes to the conclusion that oil prices are going higher. It seems so logical with so many revolutions going on where a lot of oil is produced. Because virtually everyone expects higher prices I expect lower prices at some point, maybe not right away but within a month or two. All the traders have already bought. People will drive less. The economy will slow down so there will be less demand, winter is almost over so there will be less demand. There really isn't a shortage anyway. It's just a fear driven rally based on the news. It might be a good time to buy that gas guzzler if someone else wants to sell it cheap.

Precious Metals - Short term trend remains up. Long term trend remains up. I'm looking for new highs for both silver and gold, with silver continuing to outperform gold. Since this is the first time in a long time that I'm flat out bullish, without my normal and usually incorrect cautionary note (like last month's guess we would not make new highs so of course we shot right through them), maybe that's a sign to be cautious. I'm expecting another $5 up in silver very soon. If that happens, and if gold and silver start becoming topics on the evening mainstream news, and if virtually everyone is expecting the old 1980 silver high to be broken as if it's a guaranteed outcome, and everyone is bullish, and my phone is ringing off the hook with people looking into silver for the first time, then THAT will be a signal that we might be at a peak for a while and need a correction. But this hasn't happened yet. For now the trend remains up.

Real Estate - Down.

The Economy - Down. Deflation will reemerge. Unemployment should ultimately double before this deflation ends. The largest measure of money supply in the US, M3, is contracting at a rate that is only comparable to the Great Depression (see http://news.goldseek.com/PeterCooper/1275321600.php ) The past year or so has been a reflationary pause in the unfolding deflationary contraction. That reflationary pause is now ending in phases. First with stock markets. Let's see what falls next as "The Great Crash" unfolds.

Ed