OctaFX - octafx.com

Rate this topic

Stay updated with

OctaFX and the most recent Forex news!

8wpxck9.png

GBP/USD drops to lows around 1.4550

The Sterling is not smiling anymore, at least not today, as GBP/USD has now dipped to session lows in the mid-1.4500s.

GBP/USD lower on poll results

The pair met increasing selling pressure following latest poll results on the UK Referendum, showing the ‘Leave’ vote now leading with 41% but closely followed by the ‘Stay’ vote with 38%, while 21% still remain undecided.

Following these results, uncertainty surrounding the validity of ‘Brexit’ polls remains on the rise and keep weighing on GBP, which already prompted spot to give away over a cent since yesterday’s tops beyond 1.4660.

GBP/USD levels to consider

As of writing the pair is retreating 0.34% at 1.4562 facing the immediate support at 1.4509 (20-day sma) followed by 1.4330 (low May 16) and finally 1.4088 (low Apr.14). On the other hand, a breakout of 1.4663 (high May 19) would aim for 1.4770 (high May 3) and then 1.4792 (200-day sma).

US Memorial Day Trading Schedule

OctaFX would like to inform you of the changes in the trading hours of XAU/USD and XAG/USD on US Memorial Day May 30. Trading closes Monday, May 30, 2016 at 20:00 (EET, Server time) and re-opens Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 01:00 (EET, Server time).

Here is the timetable for your convenience:

IXlcYyd.png

Please, consider the fact that any open trades upon closure of trading hours will be rolled into the next day.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please, contact our Customers Support in case you have any questions. If any failures occur, please report immediately to [email protected]

Thank you for choosing OctaFX as your top-notch Forex Broker!

Round 42 of OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest: winners announced

OctaFX is ready to present you the new cTrader Weekly demo contest results. This time, the prize fund of $400 is shared between the Indonesian, Macedonian and Colombian traders. Let’s welcome the winners:

• 1st placewith the award of $150 goes to Mr. Nurochman from Indonesia.
  • 2nd place with the award of $100 goes to Mr. Surya Hasani from Indonesia.
  • 3rd place with the award of $75 goes to Mr. Syai Fuddin from Indonesia.
  • 4th place with the award of $50 goes to Mr. Dejan Kostovski from Macedonia.
  • 5th place with the award of $25 goes to Mr. Nelson de Jesus Restrepo Escobar from Colombia.

OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest is a unique possibility to win one of the valuable prizes while sticking to the risk-free option of demo trading. This contest is an ideal option both for those who are are testing their skills or starting out on Forex market and for those who have already gained a few months or even years of trading experience. The great advantage of OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest is that no risk of loss is involved. No investments are needed to take your chance and win. Now it’s high time to register in the next round and fight for the prize!

OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest: trade and win without any risk!

$400 for the winners in Round 43 of OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest

Round 43 of cTrader Weekly demo contest is over, and it means that it’s time to announce the new winners! Five skillful trades shared the weekly prize fund of $400, and here is the victorious list:

• 1st placewith the award of $150 goes to Mr. Asim Maqsood from Pakistan.
  • 2nd place with the award of $100 goes to Mr. Abdurrazak Said from Indonesia.
  • 3rd place with the award of $75 goes to Mr. Nur Endah Solekah from Indonesia.
  • 4th place with the award of $50 goes to Mr. Abdul Hameed from Pakistan.
  • 5th place with the award of $25 goes to Mr. Naglaa Mansour from Egypt.

If you’ve never traded on cTrader platform, it’s high time to test its unique features such as:

• Mobile trading (mobile browser or iOS/Android app);
  • Direct Market Access brokerage capabilities;
  • Algorithmic trading with cAlgo;
  • Full-size tick chart;
  • Creating and sharing screenshots automatically;
  • Reversing/doubling position in one click;
  • Closing all open positions in one click.

Ready to test your trading skills and take one of the prize places? Then open a demo account to participate in the next cTrader Weekly demo contest round!

OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest: high time to win!

OctaFX Southampton Supreme Game: latest match results

QEl6EXK.png

The prize fund for today's game is $1050!
Join the next round to experience OctaFX Southampton Supreme Game demo contest!

OctaFX Southampton Supreme Game is a spectacular new demo contest! Register up to 10 minutes before the match, we'll assign you to one of the teams, and notify you before the kick-off! Trade for 90 minutes, double your equity and score a goal to support your team!

The new round starts in 5 days! Hurry up to fight and win in the match!

US Non-Farm payrolls for May are to be released Friday, June 3! It's high time to offer you Non Farm Prediction contest! Analysts predict NFP to reach 170k this time.
Here comes your chance to be the greatest predictor and win $50!

To take part in the contest:
1. Leave a comment on our Facebook page with your prediction of May NFP figures!
2. Write your real account number beside your prediction in advance
3. Share the task with your friends publicly for us to be able to indicate it
4. Comments are valid up to the indicator announcement at 14:30 EEST (Friday, June 3, 2016).

Please note that we discourage multiple accounts and multiple comments and you can enter only once.

Be the closest and win $50 for your prediction!

OctaFX on Google+

Z1DjvZd.png

OctaFX Official Google+ page is a verified account with official links to our news, as well as market events tracked and sorted out by OctaFX. We invite our traders and newcomers to follow OctaFX Official and stay tuned for the most recent posts and publications.
It is high time to follow OctaFX Official on Google+. Support your reliable and proven forex broker!

We use various social media channels to provide out traders and followers with the latest updates. Google+ is growing rapidly and we aim at catching up with the trends!

Follow us on Google+ and support us in keeping up with tendency!

OctaFX - keep trading, we'll take care of the rest!

Congratulations on Ramadan 2016 from OctaFX

VWn6whg.png

Dear traders!

OctaFX wants to congratulate all Islamic traders with Ramadan – the holiest and long-awaited holiday in the Muslim calendar. Ramadan is a time for spiritual reflection and self-devotion. It is one of the most important days of the year for Muslims.

OctaFX wishes the spirit of Ramadan fills your days with happiness and love.

May Allah, the almighty, enlighten you and bless you with peace and grace. This divine holiday will bring happiness to your home and lead you to the right path. Be respectful and thankful for everything! And may this Ramadan remind you to forgive and forget.

May the Spirit of Ramadan stay in your heart and illuminate your life!

EUR/USD rises to session high, still stuck in range below 1.1400

mTgyrQG.png

As the US Dollar, measured by the US Dollar index, continues to lose ground on Wednesday, the EUR/USD pair rose to a session high level of 1.1388 before retracing few pips to currently trade at 1.1380.

Dismal US jobs date for May continues to weigh on the US Dollar as investors now seems to evaluate the timing of next Fed rate-hike decision. The US economic calendar has nothing to offer on Wednesday and hence, a major chunk of investors are likely to remain on the sidelines ahead of the much awaited FOMC meeting on June 14-15.

The only release from the US docket will be the official EIA weekly crude oil inventories report that could further boost risk-on sentiment that has been driving European equities and crude oil prices higher.

Technical outlook

Valeria Bednarik, Chief Analyst at FXStreet notes, "as in the 4 hours chart, the Momentum indicator has finally erased the extreme readings achieved by the end of last week, and is now flat around its 100 level, whilst the RSI indicator consolidates near overbought readings, and the 20 SMA has approached the current level, maintaining a strong upward slope."

"The immediate resistance is 1.1395, this week high, followed by 1.1420 and the mentioned 1.1460, while below 1.1325, the pair can correct lower down to 1.1280, where selling interest should contain the slide."

The first prize in Round 51 of OctaFX Champion demo contest became an anniversary gift

NmgTDLV.png

Another Round of OctaFX Champion demo contest is over and we are happy to announce the winners! Here they are:

• 1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Mr. Alexander Lukyanchikov from Ukraine
  • 2nd place with the award of 300 USD goes to Mr. Zainal Abidin from Indonesia
  • 3rd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Ms. Zunairoh Zunairoh from Indonesia
  • The last runner in the contest, Mr. Alfredo Martinez Martinez from Spain is granted 100 USD

What strategy to choose? Is it a bad idea to put all eggs in one basket? Should you choose a single currency pair or to trade with a few of them? Can an old dog learn new tricks? Is the risk inevitable in Forex? If you are ready to get the answers to these questions, read the success stories of our winners:

1st place - Mr. Alexander Lukyanchikov from Ukraine

Thank you for congratulations! I’m happy to share my contest experience. Have you seen my avatar? I’ve been using it for a few years. It shows the goal that I was pursuing: at the beginning, I was looking in the mirror; now I’m looking out of it. I achieved one of my life goals and I’m happy. On July, 2nd, I’ll turn 65. Thanks to OctaFX, I made myself an anniversary gift. Judge for yourself: my Ukrainian pension equals to $51 a month. It’s a bit more than $600 a year.

I’ve been trading for 8 years and now I’m sure that choosing one currency pair is much better than watching a few pairs’ trends. If you work with just one currency pair, all your funds are localized, it’s easier to manage and control them. However, it may conflict with the idea not to put all eggs in one basket. My strategy is not that good with the sideways trend, but it was perfect with the May AUDUSD trend. In the second part of the contest I started making mistakes, so I tried hedging, and when I realized what my mistake were and I got profits.

I don’t spend all my time using this strategy: when I can’t predict the further movement, I wait for a couple of days to see the trend clearer.

The key factor of my success can be perfectly described by a quote by Mark Douglas:

“When asked for their secrets of success, they categorically state that they didn't achieve any measure of consistency in accumulating wealth from trading until they learned self-discipline, emotional control, and the ability to change their minds to flow with the markets. First, I want to point out that self-discipline, emotional control, and learning to change one's mind after making a commitment are all psychological issues that have nothing to do with news services, advisory services, new exchanges, or technical or fundamental trading systems - computerized or not. Second, from my trading experiences, observations, and research, I have discovered that all traders - both winners and losers - seem to share some very common experiences. Either in the beginning or at some point early in their trading career, all traders experience confusion, frustration, anxiety, and the pain of failure. The few-traders who pass through this phase to accumulate wealth are those who eventually confront and work through some very difficult psychological issues about what it means to be a trader, and this process of realization and change normally takes several years, even for the best of them. … There is some element of truth to the saying that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, except that it should really read "An old dog won't learn new tricks". It's not that it is impossible for someone regardless of their age to learn something new; the issue isn't ability.”

2nd place - Mr. Zainal Abidin from Indonesia

I am very glad to get second place this time, all my efforts paid off! Time that I use to trade is around 3-4 hours per day. I try to be as disciplined as I can without to much greed. That's the key to my success. And the strategy that I use is SR and MM. I've been trading for about 2-3 years and I am determined to improve my ability to be better. Thank you, OctaFX, for already appreciating my trading skills!

3rd place - Ms. Zunairoh Zunairoh from Indonesia

I’m happy like never before! It’s great to become one of the winners. I didn’t spend too much time trading but, anyway, I was deeply involved. Now I’ll take a short break and won’t trade for some time not to dull the edge of the winner’s pleasure. Then, I will surely go on competing again. I firmly believe that it’s experience that teaches us to be better and to do better. Preferably, 3 years or more - that’s enough to become quite a pro in trading. Experience and patience are the key elements in successful trading. As far as my experience says, the existing Forex data doesn’t necessarily affect the chart, so my advice is not to believe the data blindly. This strategy has always helped me, especially when I got 100 pips in a single transaction.

The last runner in the contest - Mr. Alfredo Martinez Martinez from Spain

I plan to considerably improve my performance in the next round of the contest. I learn a lot when I trade, so this time I learned that it’s rather dangerous to trade with the high leverage, especially if it’s all about the highly volatile assets. Anyways, to win the contest, you have to accept this risk, and risk means losses but also higher gain. Very large gains are needed to qualify for any prize position in the contest.

I didn’t use stop loss this time in hope that the asset would spin in my favor, but the trend was the opposite. As the leverage was very high, it was really quick. This is a contest, so I didn’t lose any real money; I became the last runner which is not so bad considering the prize. So this contest, is anyway, worth accepting the risk. No risk - no gain.

During the contest, I was continuously monitoring the market with periodic checks (every 3-4 hours). At first I got very good yields, but at the end of the first week my balance turned negative. However, my most successful operation was Buy with EURCAD. My favorite tools were Crossing Moving Averages and Awesome Oscillator.

I guess time is different for each person and their circumstances, but I’ve been trading for two and a half years trying many things, and I think I'm close to being a good trader. Now what I need to do is to trade for some time on a demo account just for the sake of practice.

Feeling inspired? Register in the upcoming round and become one of OctaFX Champions!

Saints Foundation score at Saint Mary's stadium with the help of OctaFX

MsO3gmN.jpg

Football is a big part of our society and is world-recognised as a universal sport in many countries. It educates and inspires people of all ages, brings people and communities together.

OctaFX, in conjunction with the Saints Foundation, Southampton FC kindly donated pitch playing time for a lucky group from the Fustal programme. We are helping to enable young people to gain an education while playing the sport.

The Saints Foundation’s Futsal and Education Scholarship was created in 2011 and started with 16 scholars. The course now has 76 full-time scholars, including the club’s first ever girls’ team who are currently fourth in the league.

OctaFX has recently helped facilitate the opportunity for a group of young people to play within Saint Mary's stadium. An experience such as this has given these young people a much deserved reward and morale boost for all their hard work, during their past 2-years of study. On the day, a great game was played by both teams and the players enjoyed the event immensely.

This combination of studying and playing sport has proved incredibly successful, with former students now undertaking football scholarships in the US, university study in the UK, and work opportunities with the Saints Foundation itself.

Many students from the group that played have been accepted to universities. The group who play at Saint Mary's stadium on this day were also crowned FLT Fustal League 3 and League 4 National Champions as well as League 2 runners up.

As the scholars come to the end of the year they will be working hard to complete their studies before they go to compete in the FLT Futsal National Finals for the last time.  

OctaFX is proud to be associated with the Saints Foundation as they are encouraging the youth of today to aspire through sports education, ensuring a brighter future.

OctaFX: changes in trading conditions for the June 23rd Brexit vote.

The “Brexit” vote, taking place on the 23rd of June this year, on whether or not there should be a British exit from the EU, is an important day to be aware of for OctaFX customers.

OctaFX is responding to the increasing probability that there could be some changes in the currency markets, therefore, OctaFX will update its trading conditions.

Due to the Brexit vote, OctaFX will increase margin requirements on all pairs, that include British pound (GBP) and the Euro (EUR), starting from June 23rd until June 27th. The margin requirements are going to be increased to 1 per cent on the GBP pairs (1:100) and to 0.5 per cent on the EUR pairs (1:200). On the day of the referendum, June 23rd, margin requirements on the British pound pairs can be increased to 2% (1:50).

This vote is something that traders and markets cannot ignore.

Also, please be aware that there are always potential risks, OctaFX would like you to make you aware that the requirements can be changed depending on market volatility.

OctaFX helps disabled sail in Bali

2h9M4Ivm.jpg

At OctaFX, we are happy to support sports education and foundations, that help make a difference to the lives of people with disabilities.

That’s why we, at OctaFX, are proud to call ourselves a socially responsible company that offers support to disabled people. One such foundation that we aid is the Bali Sports Foundation (BSF), that helps disabled sportsmen in Bali and East Indonesia partake in various sports. We support 3 sports, on behalf of the BSF:

• Wheelchair Basketball
  • Wheelchair Rugby
  • Disabled Sailing

Through our time and effort of volunteering for the BSF, we are very happy to announce the recent purchase and donation of a Hansa 303 para sail boat worth $10,000, for the BSF sailing programme.  This sail boat will enable many disabled people, in the region, to develop skills that otherwise would be hard to attain.

The BSF helps improve the lives of many people living with disabilities in Bali and East Indonesia. The BSF focus on disabled, special needs and adaptive sports. The foundation runs many programmes for autistic, cerebral palsy, blind, deaf mute and amputee youths. Parasailing is just one of the many sports run by the BSF for disabled people.

The foundation endeavours to make sporting provisions for the disabled and bring together the Indonesian Ministry of Health, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Ministry of Education along with national sports federations and the Paralympic committee, to provide opportunities for disabled sportsmen and women.

The parasailing boat is currently being used within the BSF and will be seen in action in the up and coming Bali International Disabled Sailing Regattas on September 8th – 12th September 2016.

How to start trading in 4 easy steps

auBj3Nz.png

1. Register with OctaFX by opening an account.
    Having an account allows you to access your personal area on our website and to trade with OctaFX. Once registered, please check your email to find out your personal area login details and trading account credentials.
    Personal area login details will allow you to manage your funds, get bonuses and take part in our promotions, while trading account credentials are used to access trading platform.  
  2. Make a deposit.
    Login to your Personal area to make a deposit. At OctaFX you can start trading with a minimum of $5 although the initial deposit can be higher. According to Risk Management strategy, the more funds you have, the less risks you are exposing yourself to on a particular trade.
    We don’t charge any commissions on your deposit and our withdrawal systems work efficiently to help you withdraw your profits.
  3. Sign in to the web based platform.
    The web based platform requires no installation and allows you trade from any device anytime. To sign in, click File->Login, enter your account number into “Login” box, along with your trader password that was sent to your email address into the “Password” box and select OctaFX-Real, if you sign in with a real account. Alternatively, you can trade from your desktop, iOS or Android device.
  4. Click “Buy” or “Sell”
    The web based platform requires no installation and allows you trade from any device anytime. To sign in, click File->Login, enter your account number into “Login” box, along with your trader password that was sent to your email address into the “Password” box and select OctaFX-Real, if you sign in with a real account. Alternatively, you can trade from your desktop, iOS or Android device.

Want to know more? Visit our education section!

OctaFX demonstrates reliability during Brexit vote market turmoil

cA9jAEM.png

OctaFX would like to let you know that company’s financial position has not been negatively affected due to today’s market volatility caused by Britain’s decision to leave the EU.

Both outcomes of the referendum were carefully studied by our experts, therefore high volatility came as expected. In order to prevent any additional risks occurrence we have taken measures to protect our clients’ interests in advance, increasing margin requirements.

OctaFX remains fully reliable and solvent facing significant market moves caused by Brexit. Thanks to the advanced risk management procedures and extensive experience in operating under volatile market conditions OctaFX has managed to minimise the risks associated with the event.

In case you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our award-winning Customer Support: [email protected].

Independence Day Trading Schedule Update

BfQbRvI.png

OctaFX would like to inform you of the changes in the trading hours of XAU/USD and XAG/USD pairs only, on Independence Day, July 4th.

Trading closes Monday, July 4th, 2016 at 20:00 (EET, Server time) and re-opens Tuesday, July 5th, 2016 at 01:00 (EET, Server time).

Please, consider the fact that any open trades upon closure of trading hours will be rolled into the next day.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please, contact our Customers Support in case you have any questions. If any failures occur, please report immediately to [email protected]

Thank you for choosing OctaFX as your top-notch Forex Broker!

Changed trading conditions return to normal

FuClsj8.png

OctaFX has reverted trading conditions that were changed due to the Brexit referendum back to normal.

Trading conditions are returned to normal levels, this included margin requirements on all pairs containing the British pound (GBP) and the Euro (EUR), as from Tuesday 28th of June 2016 at 00:01, Server time (EEST).

OctaFX will continue to monitor the situation during this period. Also, please be advised that we may change trading conditions in case of higher market volatility.

Please be aware that market volatility can create trading opportunities that may come with higher risk levels, consequently, we would ask our clients to trade responsibly and remain updated about market conditions.

In case you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our award-winning Customer Support, available Monday - Friday, 24/5,  by email [email protected].

Congratulations on Eid-Al-Fitr 2016, from OctaFX

1slwX8b.png

OctaFX offer congratulations and well-done to our customers, who have successfully completed Ramadan.

We would further like to wish those who are celebrating, a Happy Eid and hope this year’s festival is filled with happiness.

Eid Mubarak!

• 3 weeks later...

Round 52 of OctaFX Champion demo contest: time to know the winners!

NmgTDLV.png

The results of Round 52 of OctaFX Champion demo contest are here, so let’s meet some and congratulate our recent winners who shared the prize fund of $1000. They were happy to share their keys to success and secret techniques. Let’s welcome these traders:

• 1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Ms. Nur Maid from Indonesia.
  • 2nd place with the award of 300 USD goes to Ms. Nur Hasyim from Indonesia.

Do you want to learn how to trade so that you keep winning? Just read these success tips from our best traders!

How to win if you take part in the contest for the first time? Should you follow the news or the instincts? Should you trade during high volatility times? Learn the answers from the success stories of OctaFX champions:

1st place: Ms. Nur Maid from Indonesia
Thank you for your kind wishes! I am very happy to be in the first position this time, because of the efforts that I've done so far, finally bearing fruit! I trade every day and also will try another contests.

The key to my success is patience and the strategy that I used is SnD and good MM. I have been trading for the past 6 years and I am determined to improve my ability to be better. Thanks to OctaFX who have appreciated my trading skill!

2nd place: Ms. Nur Hasyim from Indonesia
I´m very proud and happy. I didn't spend a lot of time doing this. I will participate in future contests and other promotions while continuing to learn and how to trade, probably because I've been using MM wisely.

The strategy I used is reading the area of supply and demand, therefore I could predict where the market will move. Could I win the contest - no, because I only use the little money I have, to learn about trading. Traders need to learn to be patient.

Are you ready to try the OctaFX Champion demo contest yourself? It just takes a few moments to join our fantastic contest. Just register here and accept the challenge!

Join the OctaFX Champion Demo contest to have a chance to win!