OctaFX - octafx.com

Rate this topic

Stay updated with

OctaFX and the latest Forex news!

boYJNQd.png

EUR/GBP spikes on falling prospect of aggressive ECB easing

The buying interest in EUR spiked, taking the EUR/GBP cross higher to 0.7761 on reports that ECB may not do much next week other than the already priced-in 10 bps deposit rate cut.

Eyes hourly 100-MA

The cross is just a few pips short of the hourly 100-MA located at 0.7767 levels. The common currency recovered from the daily lows after MNI report said the ECB governing council has not consensus beyond a 10 bps rate cut.

Markets have been speculating about more aggressive easing next week – expansion of QE program. Moreover, the German bond markets have already priced-in a 10 bps rate cut. Consequently, MNI report pushed the pair higher.

Still, the gains in the cross are being capped around 0.7760 levels.

EUR/GBP Technical Levels

The immediate hurdle at 0.7767 (hourly 100-MA), above which the cross could make an attempt at 0.7812 (10-DMA). A break higher would expose 0.7845 (Feb 17 high). On the other hand, a break below 0.7730 (hourly 50-MA) could see the pair drift lower to 0.77, under which a major support is seen at 0.7634 (50-DMA).

Stay updated with

OctaFX and the latest Forex news!

boYJNQd.png

EUR/GBP spikes on falling prospect of aggressive ECB easing

The buying interest in EUR spiked, taking the EUR/GBP cross higher to 0.7761 on reports that ECB may not do much next week other than the already priced-in 10 bps deposit rate cut.

Eyes hourly 100-MA

The cross is just a few pips short of the hourly 100-MA located at 0.7767 levels. The common currency recovered from the daily lows after MNI report said the ECB governing council has not consensus beyond a 10 bps rate cut.

Markets have been speculating about more aggressive easing next week – expansion of QE program. Moreover, the German bond markets have already priced-in a 10 bps rate cut. Consequently, MNI report pushed the pair higher.

Still, the gains in the cross are being capped around 0.7760 levels.

EUR/GBP Technical Levels

The immediate hurdle at 0.7767 (hourly 100-MA), above which the cross could make an attempt at 0.7812 (10-DMA). A break higher would expose 0.7845 (Feb 17 high). On the other hand, a break below 0.7730 (hourly 50-MA) could see the pair drift lower to 0.77, under which a major support is seen at 0.7634 (50-DMA).

OctaFX Champion demo contest, Round 48: time for the winners

The results of the recent Round 48 of OctaFX Champion demo contest are announced, and it’s high time to welcome the traders who were persistent enough to get the prizes:

• 1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Mr. Omid Shahni Mandani from Afghanistan
  • 2nd place with the award of 300 USD goes to Mr. Fakih Aziz Darojat from Indonesia
  • 3rd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Mr. Syudi Prayitno from Indonesia
  • The last runner in the contest, Mr. Ipon Kusbandi from Indonesia is granted 100 USD

These traders couldn’t wait to share their experience and feelings about the contest, so here is what they told us:

2nd place - Mr. Fakih Aziz Darojat from Indonesia

I’m delighted that I’ve won a prize in this contest! I consider myself very efficient so I was expecting to become one of the winners as soon as possible. And it happened! My next plan is to participate in all future rounds of this contest. I hope to go on winning. With mental strength and ability to analyze the news, it’s not as hard as one can imagine. My strategy is to stick to the Fundamental path, and I recommend it to all the traders who want to rise high. One year of training and learning - and you are the winner!

3rd place - Mr. Syudi Prayitno from Indonesia

Honestly speaking, I didn’t expect to become the third winner in this round of the Champion contest. It was a big surprise for which I’m grateful to OctaFX and the opportunity that they give by offering such a great way to test trading skills. When I found out that there is such a contest as OctaFX Champion, I was amazed. I didn’t think there are demo contests for those who are not ready to trade on the real accounts. How do I trade? I usually don’t sit in front of my laptop all the time, I just look at the charts once or twice a day to choose my next target. When I lose or win enough, I stop. The trick is to not be too eager to win a million and not to be upset when you are out of luck. Another idea is to maintain physical and mental discipline. That’s the key. I haven’t experienced any spectacular one-time profit, my way of trading is to get small profits, that are more or less regular. Concerning the tools… I only use Bollinger band and moving average. That’s how I trade. And here is my piece of advice for the beginner traders: spend at least 3 months on a demo account. Don’t rush in the real world at once. Take your time and be patient enough to finally win.

The last runner - Mr. Ipon Kusbandi from Indonesia

I’m the last runner this time, but it doesn’t make me too sad. Now I feel challenged to be the best in the upcoming round. This contest taught me a lot, especially how to control the emotions. The strategy that I failed is the candle pattern that I try to develop myself. All in all, my involvement in the contest doesn’t take too much time because I’m an intraday trader and every day I spend a tiny bit of my time on Forex. For this kind of trading, 1 year is enough to learn quite a lot. The largest profit that I’ve ever got was at pair EUR/GBP. Perhaps in the future I’ll explore more.

Take part in the next round of OctaFX Champion demo contest – register in the contest now!

OctaFX Champion demo contest, Round 48: time for the winners

The results of the recent Round 48 of OctaFX Champion demo contest are announced, and it’s high time to welcome the traders who were persistent enough to get the prizes:

• 1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Mr. Omid Shahni Mandani from Afghanistan
  • 2nd place with the award of 300 USD goes to Mr. Fakih Aziz Darojat from Indonesia
  • 3rd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Mr. Syudi Prayitno from Indonesia
  • The last runner in the contest, Mr. Ipon Kusbandi from Indonesia is granted 100 USD

These traders couldn’t wait to share their experience and feelings about the contest, so here is what they told us:

2nd place - Mr. Fakih Aziz Darojat from Indonesia

I’m delighted that I’ve won a prize in this contest! I consider myself very efficient so I was expecting to become one of the winners as soon as possible. And it happened! My next plan is to participate in all future rounds of this contest. I hope to go on winning. With mental strength and ability to analyze the news, it’s not as hard as one can imagine. My strategy is to stick to the Fundamental path, and I recommend it to all the traders who want to rise high. One year of training and learning - and you are the winner!

3rd place - Mr. Syudi Prayitno from Indonesia

Honestly speaking, I didn’t expect to become the third winner in this round of the Champion contest. It was a big surprise for which I’m grateful to OctaFX and the opportunity that they give by offering such a great way to test trading skills. When I found out that there is such a contest as OctaFX Champion, I was amazed. I didn’t think there are demo contests for those who are not ready to trade on the real accounts. How do I trade? I usually don’t sit in front of my laptop all the time, I just look at the charts once or twice a day to choose my next target. When I lose or win enough, I stop. The trick is to not be too eager to win a million and not to be upset when you are out of luck. Another idea is to maintain physical and mental discipline. That’s the key. I haven’t experienced any spectacular one-time profit, my way of trading is to get small profits, that are more or less regular. Concerning the tools… I only use Bollinger band and moving average. That’s how I trade. And here is my piece of advice for the beginner traders: spend at least 3 months on a demo account. Don’t rush in the real world at once. Take your time and be patient enough to finally win.

The last runner - Mr. Ipon Kusbandi from Indonesia

I’m the last runner this time, but it doesn’t make me too sad. Now I feel challenged to be the best in the upcoming round. This contest taught me a lot, especially how to control the emotions. The strategy that I failed is the candle pattern that I try to develop myself. All in all, my involvement in the contest doesn’t take too much time because I’m an intraday trader and every day I spend a tiny bit of my time on Forex. For this kind of trading, 1 year is enough to learn quite a lot. The largest profit that I’ve ever got was at pair EUR/GBP. Perhaps in the future I’ll explore more.

Take part in the next round of OctaFX Champion demo contest – register in the contest now!

Winner of Round 18 of Supercharged real contest: keep on trying

mRpB08d.png

Round 18 of Supercharged real contest is finished, and our recent round winner is Faidol Barokah from Indonesia. He was ready to give a few tips and to share his ideas on trading with those who are thinking of registering and joining our Supercharged contest. Here they are:

I feel valued and supported by winning this round of Supercharged contest: it proves that I trade well enough. I have to say that I really like the idea of the contests that OctaFX runs, it shows that they are concerned about traders’ motivation which can’t be found everywhere.

My own trading process is quite simple: I’m always focused on every transaction, but I’m able to manage my time properly so that trading doesn’t interfere with my other work tasks. My success key is patience and being calm when facing the market under any circumstances, or, in other words, no greed and no fear. I call my strategy “Slowly but surely”, and it includes taking advantage of some indicators available in MT4 and observing the market news closely.

Considering time issues, I believe you don’t have to acquire experience and skills for years; 3 or 4 months are enough if you manage your actions properly and consistently.

As long as the contest goes on, I plan to stick to my strategy and to try to win the ultimate prize. That’s my piece of advice to fellow contestants: don’t be discouraged before the contest ends, anyone has a chance to win, and you only have to keep on trying.

The registration in the Supercharged real contest is open up to May, 6th, so it’s high time to test your trading skills and to fight in the final battle for Tesla Model S!

Winner of Round 18 of Supercharged real contest: keep on trying

mRpB08d.png

Round 18 of Supercharged real contest is finished, and our recent round winner is Faidol Barokah from Indonesia. He was ready to give a few tips and to share his ideas on trading with those who are thinking of registering and joining our Supercharged contest. Here they are:

I feel valued and supported by winning this round of Supercharged contest: it proves that I trade well enough. I have to say that I really like the idea of the contests that OctaFX runs, it shows that they are concerned about traders’ motivation which can’t be found everywhere.

My own trading process is quite simple: I’m always focused on every transaction, but I’m able to manage my time properly so that trading doesn’t interfere with my other work tasks. My success key is patience and being calm when facing the market under any circumstances, or, in other words, no greed and no fear. I call my strategy “Slowly but surely”, and it includes taking advantage of some indicators available in MT4 and observing the market news closely.

Considering time issues, I believe you don’t have to acquire experience and skills for years; 3 or 4 months are enough if you manage your actions properly and consistently.

As long as the contest goes on, I plan to stick to my strategy and to try to win the ultimate prize. That’s my piece of advice to fellow contestants: don’t be discouraged before the contest ends, anyone has a chance to win, and you only have to keep on trying.

The registration in the Supercharged real contest is open up to May, 6th, so it’s high time to test your trading skills and to fight in the final battle for Tesla Model S!

How to trade Forex? You can now find the answer in our Education section!

D2A9HRc.png

OctaFX is ready to present our traders with everything they need to know: Education section is now released!

Having a question? Want to learn more about Forex? Mastered easy techniques and ready for more? We’ve been carefully studying every enquiry to our Customer Support as well as the latest tendencies in online trading and gathered all the knowledge you may need while conquering the world of Forex.

Our Education section now has 3 major sub-sections:

• Our FAQ or Frequently Asked Questions is a sub-section where all vital questions about trading are all sorted into groups, so you will know where to go searching for information about our services.
  • Glossary contains every term you need to know practicing online trading: all the items are sorted in alphabetical order to enhance usability.
  • Manuals are all about two major trading platforms – MT4 and cTrader. Find a part you are interested in and the link will take you to the developers’ manual.

Still want more? Articles from the leading OctaFX analysts are soon to be released as well as a top-secret innovative tool to help you advance in trading: keep your eyes peeled!

We are trying our hardest to enhance learning process for every client, whether a newbie or a professional trader. Haven’t found what you’ve been looking for – address our award-winning Customer Support for qualified help.

While you are reading this, others are already learning something new – check out our Education section now!

How to trade Forex? You can now find the answer in our Education section!

D2A9HRc.png

OctaFX is ready to present our traders with everything they need to know: Education section is now released!

Having a question? Want to learn more about Forex? Mastered easy techniques and ready for more? We’ve been carefully studying every enquiry to our Customer Support as well as the latest tendencies in online trading and gathered all the knowledge you may need while conquering the world of Forex.

Our Education section now has 3 major sub-sections:

• Our FAQ or Frequently Asked Questions is a sub-section where all vital questions about trading are all sorted into groups, so you will know where to go searching for information about our services.
  • Glossary contains every term you need to know practicing online trading: all the items are sorted in alphabetical order to enhance usability.
  • Manuals are all about two major trading platforms – MT4 and cTrader. Find a part you are interested in and the link will take you to the developers’ manual.

Still want more? Articles from the leading OctaFX analysts are soon to be released as well as a top-secret innovative tool to help you advance in trading: keep your eyes peeled!

We are trying our hardest to enhance learning process for every client, whether a newbie or a professional trader. Haven’t found what you’ve been looking for – address our award-winning Customer Support for qualified help.

While you are reading this, others are already learning something new – check out our Education section now!

Trading schedule changes due to summer time shift

MpRPMuv.png

OctaFX would like to inform you of the changes in the trading schedule.

From March 13, 2016 the USA moves to summer time. European countries change to summer time 2 weeks later, March 27, 2016. In this connection, we alter trading schedule on Fridays: the trading closes at 23:00 EET (Server time).

Here is the timetable for your convenience:

Friday, March 18, 2016 and Friday, March 25, 2016
All instruments
Opening: 00:00
Closing: 23:00

Please, consider the fact that any open trades upon closure of trading hours will be rolled into the next day.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please, contact our Customers Support in case you have any questions. If any failures occur, please report immediately to [email protected]

Thank you for choosing OctaFX as your top-notch Forex Broker.

Trading schedule changes due to summer time shift

MpRPMuv.png

OctaFX would like to inform you of the changes in the trading schedule.

From March 13, 2016 the USA moves to summer time. European countries change to summer time 2 weeks later, March 27, 2016. In this connection, we alter trading schedule on Fridays: the trading closes at 23:00 EET (Server time).

Friday, March 18, 2016 and Friday, March 25, 2016
All instruments
Opening: 00:00
Closing: 23:00

Please, consider the fact that any open trades upon closure of trading hours will be rolled into the next day.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please, contact our Customers Support in case you have any questions. If any failures occur, please report immediately to [email protected]

Thank you for choosing OctaFX as your top-notch Forex Broker.

Stay updated with OctaFX and the most recent Forex news!

8wpxck9.png

GBP/USD rebounds to 1.4130 post-UK data

The sterling has accelerated its rebound from the 1.4080 area vs. the dollar, now pushing GBP/USD back above the 1.4100 mark.

GBP/USD supported at 1.4080, bid after data

The pair’s bounce off daily lows is gathering further steam today in response to auspicious results from the UK’s labour market, where the Claimant Count Change has decreased more than expected by 18.0K and Average Earnings inc/ex Bonus have surpassed estimates, expanding 2.1% and 2.2% during January, respectively. Further data saw the jobless rate staying put at 5.1%, in line with forecasts.

Next of relevance for the pair will be the inflation figures gauged by the CPI figures in the US economy ahead of the FOMC gathering and subsequent press conference by Fed’s Head J.Yellen.

GBP/USD levels to consider

As of writing the pair is losing 0.29% at 1.4109 and a breakdown of 1.4028 (23.6% Fibo of 1.4670-1.3833) would aim for 1.4000 (psychological level) and finally 1.3836 (multi-year low Feb.29). On the other hand, the initial hurdle lines up at 1.4249 (50% Fibo of 1.4670-1.3833) ahead of 1.4330 (55-day sma) and then 1.4438 (high Mar.11).

Stay updated with OctaFX and the most recent Forex news!

8wpxck9.png

GBP/USD rebounds to 1.4130 post-UK data

The sterling has accelerated its rebound from the 1.4080 area vs. the dollar, now pushing GBP/USD back above the 1.4100 mark.

GBP/USD supported at 1.4080, bid after data

The pair’s bounce off daily lows is gathering further steam today in response to auspicious results from the UK’s labour market, where the Claimant Count Change has decreased more than expected by 18.0K and Average Earnings inc/ex Bonus have surpassed estimates, expanding 2.1% and 2.2% during January, respectively. Further data saw the jobless rate staying put at 5.1%, in line with forecasts.

Next of relevance for the pair will be the inflation figures gauged by the CPI figures in the US economy ahead of the FOMC gathering and subsequent press conference by Fed’s Head J.Yellen.

GBP/USD levels to consider

As of writing the pair is losing 0.29% at 1.4109 and a breakdown of 1.4028 (23.6% Fibo of 1.4670-1.3833) would aim for 1.4000 (psychological level) and finally 1.3836 (multi-year low Feb.29). On the other hand, the initial hurdle lines up at 1.4249 (50% Fibo of 1.4670-1.3833) ahead of 1.4330 (55-day sma) and then 1.4438 (high Mar.11).

cTrader Weekly demo contest, Round 38: new victories and new opportunities

Another contest week has come to its end, and here we present five traders who succeeded in Round 38 of cTrader Weekly demo contest. This time, all the winners turned out to be Indonesian! $400 were fairly divided between them according to their places:

• 1st place with the award of $150 goes to Mr. Kurnia Hardiansyah from Indonesia.
  • 2nd place with the award of $100 goes to Mr. Ahlaludin from Indonesia.
  • 3rd place with the award of $75 goes to Mr. Agus Hendriyanto from Indonesia.
  • 4th place with the award of $50 goes to Mr. Galoeh Otomo from Indonesia.
  • 5th place with the award of $25 goes to Ms. Umu Hikmatin, Se.MM from Indonesia.

cTrader Weekly demo contest is a risk-free opportunity for those who want to test their trading skills in a more competitive environment. By taking part in OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest, you learn on the go while competing with other contestants. cTrader Weekly demo contest is also an exciting possibility to win a valuable prize without putting your real money at stake. Join today to take part in the next Round that starts in less than 10 days!

OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest: bringing you an opportunity to win $150!

cTrader Weekly demo contest, Round 38: new victories and new opportunities

Another contest week has come to its end, and here we present five traders who succeeded in Round 38 of cTrader Weekly demo contest. This time, all the winners turned out to be Indonesian! $400 were fairly divided between them according to their places:

• 1st place with the award of $150 goes to Mr. Kurnia Hardiansyah from Indonesia.
  • 2nd place with the award of $100 goes to Mr. Ahlaludin from Indonesia.
  • 3rd place with the award of $75 goes to Mr. Agus Hendriyanto from Indonesia.
  • 4th place with the award of $50 goes to Mr. Galoeh Otomo from Indonesia.
  • 5th place with the award of $25 goes to Ms. Umu Hikmatin, Se.MM from Indonesia.

cTrader Weekly demo contest is a risk-free opportunity for those who want to test their trading skills in a more competitive environment. By taking part in OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest, you learn on the go while competing with other contestants. cTrader Weekly demo contest is also an exciting possibility to win a valuable prize without putting your real money at stake. Join today to take part in the next Round that starts in less than 10 days!

OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest: bringing you an opportunity to win $150!

Good Friday and Easter Trading Schedule

Tm86N7V.png

OctaFX would like to inform you of the changes in the trading schedule for XAU/USD and XAG/USD instruments for Easter Holiday Period. Friday, March 25, trading on XAU/USD and XAG/USD is closed. Trading on metals reopens Monday, March 28, with Market opening (01:00 EET).

Friday, March 25, 2016
XAU/USD, XAG/USD: Closed

Thank you for choosing OctaFX as your top-notch Forex Broker!

Good Friday and Easter Trading Schedule

Tm86N7V.png

OctaFX would like to inform you of the changes in the trading schedule for XAU/USD and XAG/USD instruments for Easter Holiday Period. Friday, March 25, trading on XAU/USD and XAG/USD is closed. Trading on metals reopens Monday, March 28, with Market opening (01:00 EET).

Friday, March 25, 2016
XAU/USD, XAG/USD: Closed

Thank you for choosing OctaFX as your top-notch Forex Broker!

OctaFX and Southampton FC challenge you to score!

SOYtCum.png

OctaFX together with our English Premiere League football partner Southampton FC are calling you out on a challenge! Blind Soccer Challenge from OctaFX is aimed to raise funds for visually impaired sportsmen across the globe. Visit this link to watch a video on #octafxchallenge.

Join Southampton FC star Jordy Clasie by sending us videos of you trying to score a goal blindfolded. You will help Saints Foundation and Bali Sports Foundation to support their programmes and here’s how: OctaFX will donate £20 for every video you post! All the funds raised will be equally divided between Saints Foundation and Bali Sports Foundation.

Participating in OctaFX Blind Soccer challenge is very easy: all you have to do is post the video via Instagram, Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag #octafxchallenge if you are willing to help!

Post your videos before April 21st. Don’t forget to have fun and share the Blind Soccer Challenge with friends – they may be willing to join as well!

Join OctaFX Blind Soccer Challenge!

OctaFX and Southampton FC challenge you to score!

SOYtCum.png

OctaFX together with our English Premiere League football partner Southampton FC are calling you out on a challenge! Blind Soccer Challenge from OctaFX is aimed to raise funds for visually impaired sportsmen across the globe. Visit this link to watch a video on #octafxchallenge.

Join Southampton FC star Jordy Clasie by sending us videos of you trying to score a goal blindfolded. You will help Saints Foundation and Bali Sports Foundation to support their programmes and here’s how: OctaFX will donate £20 for every video you post! All the funds raised will be equally divided between Saints Foundation and Bali Sports Foundation.

Participating in OctaFX Blind Soccer challenge is very easy: all you have to do is post the video via Instagram, Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag #octafxchallenge if you are willing to help!

Post your videos before April 21st. Don’t forget to have fun and share the Blind Soccer Challenge with friends – they may be willing to join as well!

Join OctaFX Blind Soccer Challenge!

OctaFX 50% deposit bonus

04Uud82.png

OctaFX offers 50% deposit bonus for all account types. To claim your very own bonus, follow these simple steps:

1. REGISTER. Select the account type that satisfies your needs.
2. DEPOSIT. No commission. Instant processing.
3. GET BONUS. Available for all account types. Credited on each deposit.

The advantages of OctaFX 50% deposit bonus are:
  • Supports margin. Open a position of a higher volume.
  • Automatic payout. Get your bonus instantly after trading required volume.
  • Withdrawable. Withdraw your bonus funds when bonus is complete.

Get

OctaFX bonus now!

OctaFX 50% deposit bonus

04Uud82.png

OctaFX offers 50% deposit bonus for all account types. To claim your very own bonus, follow these simple steps:

1. REGISTER. Select the account type that satisfies your needs.
2. DEPOSIT. No commission. Instant processing.
3. GET BONUS. Available for all account types. Credited on each deposit.

The advantages of OctaFX 50% deposit bonus are:
  • Supports margin. Open a position of a higher volume.
  • Automatic payout. Get your bonus instantly after trading required volume.
  • Withdrawable. Withdraw your bonus funds when bonus is complete.

Get

OctaFX bonus now!