OctaFX - octafx.com

Rate this topic

How to trade Forex? You can now find the answer in our Education section!

D2A9HRc.png

OctaFX is ready to present our traders with everything they need to know: Education section is now released!

Having a question? Want to learn more about Forex? Mastered easy techniques and ready for more? We’ve been carefully studying every enquiry to our Customer Support as well as the latest tendencies in online trading and gathered all the knowledge you may need while conquering the world of Forex.

Our Education section now has 3 major sub-sections:

• Our FAQ or Frequently Asked Questions is a sub-section where all vital questions about trading are all sorted into groups, so you will know where to go searching for information about our services.
  • Glossary contains every term you need to know practicing online trading: all the items are sorted in alphabetical order to enhance usability.
  • Manuals are all about two major trading platforms – MT4 and cTrader. Find a part you are interested in and the link will take you to the developers’ manual.

Still want more? Articles from the leading OctaFX analysts are soon to be released as well as a top-secret innovative tool to help you advance in trading: keep your eyes peeled!

We are trying our hardest to enhance learning process for every client, whether a newbie or a professional trader. Haven’t found what you’ve been looking for – address our award-winning Customer Support for qualified help.

While you are reading this, others are already learning something new – check out our Education section now!

Trading schedule changes due to summer time shift

MpRPMuv.png

OctaFX would like to inform you of the changes in the trading schedule.

From March 13, 2016 the USA moves to summer time. European countries change to summer time 2 weeks later, March 27, 2016. In this connection, we alter trading schedule on Fridays: the trading closes at 23:00 EET (Server time).

Here is the timetable for your convenience:

Friday, March 18, 2016 and Friday, March 25, 2016
All instruments
Opening: 00:00
Closing: 23:00

Please, consider the fact that any open trades upon closure of trading hours will be rolled into the next day.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please, contact our Customers Support in case you have any questions. If any failures occur, please report immediately to [email protected]

Thank you for choosing OctaFX as your top-notch Forex Broker.

Stay updated with OctaFX and the most recent Forex news!

8wpxck9.png

GBP/USD rebounds to 1.4130 post-UK data

The sterling has accelerated its rebound from the 1.4080 area vs. the dollar, now pushing GBP/USD back above the 1.4100 mark.

GBP/USD supported at 1.4080, bid after data

The pair’s bounce off daily lows is gathering further steam today in response to auspicious results from the UK’s labour market, where the Claimant Count Change has decreased more than expected by 18.0K and Average Earnings inc/ex Bonus have surpassed estimates, expanding 2.1% and 2.2% during January, respectively. Further data saw the jobless rate staying put at 5.1%, in line with forecasts.

Next of relevance for the pair will be the inflation figures gauged by the CPI figures in the US economy ahead of the FOMC gathering and subsequent press conference by Fed’s Head J.Yellen.

GBP/USD levels to consider

As of writing the pair is losing 0.29% at 1.4109 and a breakdown of 1.4028 (23.6% Fibo of 1.4670-1.3833) would aim for 1.4000 (psychological level) and finally 1.3836 (multi-year low Feb.29). On the other hand, the initial hurdle lines up at 1.4249 (50% Fibo of 1.4670-1.3833) ahead of 1.4330 (55-day sma) and then 1.4438 (high Mar.11).

cTrader Weekly demo contest, Round 38: new victories and new opportunities

Another contest week has come to its end, and here we present five traders who succeeded in Round 38 of cTrader Weekly demo contest. This time, all the winners turned out to be Indonesian! $400 were fairly divided between them according to their places:

• 1st place with the award of $150 goes to Mr. Kurnia Hardiansyah from Indonesia.
  • 2nd place with the award of $100 goes to Mr. Ahlaludin from Indonesia.
  • 3rd place with the award of $75 goes to Mr. Agus Hendriyanto from Indonesia.
  • 4th place with the award of $50 goes to Mr. Galoeh Otomo from Indonesia.
  • 5th place with the award of $25 goes to Ms. Umu Hikmatin, Se.MM from Indonesia.

cTrader Weekly demo contest is a risk-free opportunity for those who want to test their trading skills in a more competitive environment. By taking part in OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest, you learn on the go while competing with other contestants. cTrader Weekly demo contest is also an exciting possibility to win a valuable prize without putting your real money at stake. Join today to take part in the next Round that starts in less than 10 days!

OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest: bringing you an opportunity to win $150!

Good Friday and Easter Trading Schedule

Tm86N7V.png

OctaFX would like to inform you of the changes in the trading schedule for XAU/USD and XAG/USD instruments for Easter Holiday Period. Friday, March 25, trading on XAU/USD and XAG/USD is closed. Trading on metals reopens Monday, March 28, with Market opening (01:00 EET).

Here is the timetable for your convenience:

Friday, March 25, 2016
XAU/USD, XAG/USD: Closed

Please, consider the fact that any open trades upon closure of trading hours will be rolled into the next day.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please, contact our Customers Support in case you have any questions. If any failures occur, please report immediately to [email protected]

Thank you for choosing OctaFX as your top-notch Forex Broker!

OctaFX and Southampton FC challenge you to score!

SOYtCum.png

OctaFX together with our English Premiere League football partner Southampton FC are calling you out on a challenge! Blind Soccer Challenge from OctaFX is aimed to raise funds for visually impaired sportsmen across the globe. Visit this link to watch a video on #octafxchallenge.

Join Southampton FC star Jordy Clasie by sending us videos of you trying to score a goal blindfolded. You will help Saints Foundation and Bali Sports Foundation to support their programmes and here’s how: OctaFX will donate £20 for every video you post! All the funds raised will be equally divided between Saints Foundation and Bali Sports Foundation.

Participating in OctaFX Blind Soccer challenge is very easy: all you have to do is post the video via Instagram, Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag #octafxchallenge if you are willing to help!

Post your videos before April 21st. Don’t forget to have fun and share the Blind Soccer Challenge with friends – they may be willing to join as well!

Join OctaFX Blind Soccer Challenge!

OctaFX 50% deposit bonus

04Uud82.png

OctaFX offers 50% deposit bonus for all account types. To claim your very own bonus, follow these simple steps:

1. REGISTER. Select the account type that satisfies your needs.
2. DEPOSIT. No commission. Instant processing.
3. GET BONUS. Available for all account types. Credited on each deposit.

The advantages of OctaFX 50% deposit bonus are:
  • Supports margin. Open a position of a higher volume.
  • Automatic payout. Get your bonus instantly after trading required volume.
  • Withdrawable. Withdraw your bonus funds when bonus is complete.

Get

OctaFX bonus now!

Stay updated with

OctaFX and the most recent Forex news!

tYHUDqU.png

USD/JPY: Bears guarding 112.50 barrier?

Having bottomed near 112.15 region, the USD/JPY pair tries hard to turn into positive territory, but in vain, as the yen keeps ground on the back of renewed weakness in the European indices.

USD/JPY holding firmly above Wednesday’s high

The yen continues to be preferred by markets in the European session on the back of safe-haven bids backed by the negative performance on the European indices. Hence, an unfavourable risk sentiment keeps the USD/JPY pair in the red. At the time of writing, USD/JPY trades modestly flat at 112.38, struggling to take-out 112.50 resistance.

Moreover, the recovery in the major also lacks momentum as the US dollar stalled its initial rebound and slipped back in the red against its major competitors ah markets remain wary ahead of the US datasets. The USD index drops -0.15% near fresh session lows of 94.56.

USD/JPY Technical levels to watch

In terms of technicals, the immediate resistance is located at 112.64/66 (1h 200-SMA/ daily high). A break above the last, the major could test 113.00 (round number/ 1h 100-SMA). While to the downside, the immediate support is seen at 112.12/00 (Mar 23 Low) and below that at 111.36/20 (Mar 22 & 21 Low).

Real prizes for demo trading in Round 39 of OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest

OctaFX welcomes five new winners of cTrader Weekly demo contest. In Round 39, traders from all over the world competed to share the prize fund of $400. The ultimate winners are listed below:

• 1st place with the award of $150 goes to Mr. Benny Saragih from Indonesia.
  • 2nd place with the award of $100 goes to Mr. Muhammad Saleem Gohar from Pakistan.
  • 3rd place with the award of $75 goes to Mr. Dejan Kostovski from Macedonia.
  • 4th place with the award of $50 goes to Mr. Sergej Denisov from Ukraine.
  • 5th place with the award of $25 goes to Mr. Moch Ghozali from Indonesia.

If you have never participated in cTrader Weekly demo contest, here are the reasons you should register your demo account and take part in the upcoming round:

• Demo. No personal funds and risks are involved.
  • Valuable money prizes. The awards are real which makes the fight even more exciting.
  • Opportunity to enhance your trading skills. Train and get trading experience in a friendly no-risk environment. Get ready to trade real.

If you already feel like accepting the challenge, register in the next round.

OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest: time to win!

• 2 weeks later...

Stay updated with

OctaFX and the most recent Forex news!

tYHUDqU.png

USD/JPY turns negative, eyes 109.00 handle

Having failed to cut through 10-DMA level of 109.42 levels, the USD/JPY turned negative in Europe and is now eyeing 109.00 levels.

Trades below hourly 200-MA

The spot currently trades just below hourly 200-MA located at 109.28 levels. Yen’s two day losing streak came after sharp rally last week and ran out of steam earlier today at 109.55 levels. Moreover, the losing streak was largely a corrective move and the current strength is again not taking into consideration the risk-on in the equity markets.

Ahead in the day, US consumer price index and weekly jobless claims release in the US is likely to influence the pair. The pair currently trades around 109.18 levels.

USD/JPY Technical Levels

The immediate support is seen at 109.00, under which the pair could target 5-DMA stationed at 108.61. A break lower would expose 107.63 (last week’s low). On the other hand, a break above 109.42 (10-DMA) would shift risk in favor of a rise to 110.00 levels, beyond which a major resistance is seen at 110.67 (Mar 17 low).

Round 49 OctaFX Champion demo contest: how to win on the first try

ZPwNHsg.png

New OctaFX champions are here with the exciting tips for those who want to become the best of the best in trading! The winners of Round 49 of OctaFX Champion demo contest were happy to share their keys to success and secret techniques. Let’s welcome these traders:

• 1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Mr. Calixtus Anak Edmond Edmund Serop from Malaysia
  • 2nd place with the award of 300 USD goes to Mr. Aleksey Shumilovsky from Ukraine
  • 3rd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Mr. Rosli Abdullah from Malaysia
  • The last runner in the contest, Mr. Artyom Arenin from Spain is granted 100 USD

How to win if you take part in the contest for the first time? Should you follow the news or the instincts? Should you trade during high volatility times? Learn the answers from the success stories of OctaFX champions!

1st place - Mr. Calixtus Anak Edmond Edmund Serop from Malaysia
I feel so grateful that I became the winner in this round… I’ve never expected to actually win because it’s the first time I join a Forex competition. Well, maybe it was a beginner’s luck. Anyway, my methods are: following the news announcements, sentiment and trading expectation. I spend 7-8 hours a day to observe and perform my trading. To my mind, this is a winning approach and I hope it will help me build my trading confidence. When I gain enough experience and confidence participating in this contest, I will join the other ones that OctaFX has. May be Supercharged is a good idea since it looks it’s going to end soon. My personal key to success is following the news, using the sentiment tool and watching out for the impact on the market after certain news are released. I never give up and I always keep on trading even when I have “losing” days. That being said, I don’t have a particular strategy, but sometimes I watch at the candlestick development and of course follow my instincts. This is the way I reached my most spectacular gain of 100,000 USD. However, to get to these figures, you have to be training for quite a lot of time. To my mind, you have to spend at least a few years on the trading market to become a pro.

2nd place - Mr. Aleksey Shumilovsky from Ukraine
I wish I won the first prize, but being the second is not that bad either. I’m an involved trader, so Forex is a large part of my life, and I spend a lot of time and efforts on it. I will surely try the other contests that OctaFX offers: I like the wide range. I’m not sure what helped me get the award this time: maybe it was pure luck. I didn’t use any special tools or techniques, so I can’t say what was the decisive factor for me this time. There are a lot of strategies that I use and I don’t stick to a single one. However, this time my gain was the best ever. I’ve been trading for 5 years and I believe this period is enough to get the most important trading skills.

3rd place - Mr. Rosli Abdullah from Malaysia
I’m on the list of the winners, so it means that my strategy worked well. It’s great to know that! I usually spend a few hours during the London and US market sessions to look for the best trades, and this time I followed my rule. Apart from OctaFX Champion, I participate in cTrader Weekly and Southampton Supreme game. Like other traders, I think that success lies in the ability to identify the right time to enter and exit trades. I used big lots to place my Buy-stop and Sell-stop before the news releases (I like to trade during high impact news releases). With that, I got big profits and pushed my ranking to a better position. I enjoyed trading during these times. I made two big profits of approximately $22,000 and $55,000 respectively on March, 9th of and March,17th. This is quite an astonishing result, but I think I learned hard, so I deserved these gains. I takes quite some time to become a good trader, a person who can understand the reasons of the market movements and who is able to control their emotions when trading. My opinion is that it may take around 3 years to prepare someone to become a good trader.

Join OctaFX Champion Demo contest to win!

Round 19 of Supercharged real contest: holding breath before the final straight

wWHgPgl.png

There’s only one month left till the very end of OctaFX Supercharged real contest, and soon the ultimate winners will be unveiled. Stay tuned to learn who gets Tesla Model S and a whole lot of other outstanding prizes! Here is the list of prizes you can get competing in the final:

• Tesla Model S
  • Smart Fortwo
  • Renault Twizy
  • The latest Apple iMac
  • The latest Apple MacBook pro
  • The latest Apple Macbook Air
  • The latest Apple Mac Mini
  • The latest Apple iPad
  • Apple iPhone 6s plus
  • iPhone 6s

In the meantime, the results of the last but one round are here, so let’s welcome Chin Heung from Hong Kong who was the first trader in Round 19. The winner was excited to share his trading secrets and strategies:

The contest was an excellent drill for me. I’ve been trading for quite a while now, but I’ve never thought I could win in a contest: there are so many people participating... This time I got lucky and my profits were unexpectedly high. I mean, I consider myself an experienced trader but profits always vary and I can’t say I don’t face any losses. So I’m really excited about the recent round of the Supercharged contest.

The contest wasn’t taking a lot of time and effort, I was just trading as usual. At the same time, I was competing with the other contestants which was a good challenge.

My main strategy is no rush. If you are emotional and impatient, you are not a good trader. Forex is all about being calm and relaxed - no matter what happens on the market. Being reserved, you can see the whole picture in objective light. Of course, it took some time for me to develop this strategy and adopt it. The first year or two were full of mistakes and stupid losses. Now I learned to avoid them thanks to being patient and calm. There is one trick to acquire this kind of state: keep your “trading money” separate from your personal funds. Consider trading your job - this will help you bring down the level of nervousness.

My next plan is of course to win Tesla. The last round will be over soon and I stake my hopes on the last run. The prize is really big, so the competition is serious.

My advice for the fellow traders is the following: be strong, calm and be ready to win. Because… why not?

OctaFX Supercharged real contest: time to win!

$400 prize for the winners of Round 40 of OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest

c8xCpre.png

Round 40 of OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest showed the outstanding skills and ample experience of Indonesian traders: this time, all the winners happened to be from Indonesia! Let’s welcome five traders who were the greatest in the latest round of cTrader Weekly demo contest:

• 1st place with the award of $150 goes to Mr. Ariyanti from Indonesia.
  • 2nd place with the award of $100 goes to Mr. Hafiz Mirsada from Indonesia.
  • 3rd place with the award of $75 goes to Mr. Endang Sudiarto Sudiro from Indonesia.
  • 4th place with the award of $50 goes to Mr. Cucu Hasan Sadikin from Indonesia.
  • 5th place with the award of $25 goes to Mr. Aris Triyono from Indonesia.

Taking your chances in OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest is not as hard as you can imagine. Just register a demo account to take part in the next round and join the competition! Participating in cTrader Weekly demo contest is completely risk-free: you don’t have to use your personal funds to trade, but you get a chance to receive real prizes. If your trading week is successful enough, you get as much as $150. Register to try the convenient cTrader platform and get your money prize at no cost!

OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest: demo trading, real opportunity!

Round 41 of OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest: bringing an opportunity to excel

c8xCpre.png

Time flies, so here are another week’s results of OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest. Let’s welcome five more winners and five more valuable prizes that were given to the most skillful traders of Round 41 of cTrader Weekly demo contest:

• 1st place with the award of $150 goes to Mr. Yudi Indra Lesmana from Indonesia.
  • 2nd place with the award of $100 goes to Mr. Ferry Nugroho from Indonesia.
  • 3rd place with the award of $75 goes to Mr. Mohd Hafsham Hashim from Malaysia.
  • 4th place with the award of $50 goes to Mr. Brian Thabiso Mmiroa from South Africa.
  • 5th place with the award of $25 goes to Mr. Subagyo from Indonesia.

OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest offers a unique opportunity to boost your trading confidence by testing your skills and advancing your Forex experience. OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest is a risk-free option for those who prefer to stick to demo accounts and to trade without any losses yet win some real money. Competing with other contestants, you don’t just trade - you learn how to excel. So join the contest now to participate in the next round and to get the first prize!

OctaFX cTrader Weekly demo contest: an excellent chance to win!

Deposit your euro account with Skrill!

CIjBKho.png

We are glad to inform you that starting from today you can deposit your euro trading accounts with Skrill! OctaFX introduces direct deposits and withdrawals for Skrill in euro currency.

Every day we are aiming to make your trading more convenient. Today we are ready to introduce an improvement of Skrill deposit option: starting from now if you keep your funds on your Skrill account in euro no conversion is required to deposit OctaFX euro account! You can also withdraw your funds with no commission.

• Minimal deposit amount is €50
  • Account credit is instant
  • No commission is taken
  • No conversion is performed

Try out this new option – deposit your euro trading account with Skrill now!

Stay tuned to know about OctaFX improvements first!

• 3 weeks later...

Round 50 of OctaFX Champion demo contest: how to keep winning

NmgTDLV.png

OctaFX is happy to announce the new winners of Champion demo contest! Let’s congratulate the traders:

• 1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Mr. Kariyanto Kariyanto from Indonesia
  • 2nd place with the award of 300 USD goes to Mr. Noor Ul Amin from Pakistan
  • 3rd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Ms. Ledi Manullang from Indonesia
  • The last runner in the contest, Mr. Abd Hadi from Indonesia is granted 100 USD

Do you want to learn how to trade so that you keep winning? Just read these success tips from our best traders!

1st place - Mr. Kariyanto Kariyanto from Indonesia
I’ve been trading with OctaFX for a long time, and finally my time has come! I’m the first winner! I’d like to express my gratitude to OctaFX for this opportunity. Honestly speaking, I’m learning on the go: in the past, I was spending a lot of time on trading (not always successful enough), but now I just wait for the right moment to trade, so there’s not much time consumed. Since I’m more successful now I believe I will go on participating in OctaFX contests. Who knows, may be I’m in a winning streak at the moment. I think my success is patience, being precise in using the market moment and determination. Also, I like to take all the trading opportunities. The more I take advantage of the opportunities, the greater my chance for victory. Yes, I suffered huge losses in the past, because I was (and I still am) a newbie, but I hope I’m learning faster and faster. I’ve been trading for 5 years and I’ve got some thrilling experience that I hope will help me in the future trades.

2nd place - Mr. Noor Ul Amin from Pakistan
First of all, I want to thank OctaFX for organizing such a thrilling contest. It’s great that you can challenge yourself and trade in a competition with others! As for me, I’m not a full-time trader: I have a regular job, and trading is a hobby for me. I trade from time to time whenever I’m free. I’m considering participating in some other contests that OctaFX organizes, maybe I’ll go and pick more than one. OctaFX has quite a wide range to choose from. My key success factors are hard work and concentrated analysis of the market. I guess these were the reasons I got one of the prizes in this contest. I don’t use any kind of EAs or other indicators; the only strategy that I use is my own strategy. Most of my trades were profitable this time. However, one of the trades was a loss of more than 6000, but then I got a profit of 6290, so I basically got the lost money back. According to my experience, learning as well as practical work take around 6 months to become a good trader.

3rd place - Ms. Ledi Manullang from Indonesia
If you ask me what I feel, I can say I’m super happy! I trade when I have a couple of minutes of free time so I’m not too an involved trader. I’ve never thought I’d become a winner one day, but here I am! I will continue to participate in the next rounds even after this success. When I trade, i’m optimistic and confident - this is the best state that you can imagine for trading. I’m also patient to wait for the right moment, I’m not pushed by emotions. I got a spectacular profit for the first time in this contest, no losses occurred! Speaking of experience… My best guess is that the time that you have to spend to become an exceptional trader is unlimited. A good trader is willing to learn from experience without being too impatient.

The last runner in the contest - Mr. Abd Hadi from Indonesia
I’m a beginner Forex trader. Although I failed this time, I’m happy to get a consolation prize of $100. I learned a lot from the experience of this contest, ranging from the strategy to the calculation of the lot. My failure makes me even more motivated to try harder, to learn more about the market and to study technical analysis and fundamental basics. Of course, now I’m enterprising and determined to learn how to be a successful trader. Together with OctaFX, I believe that behind the failure there is the success. I hope next time I will no longer experience failure, and maybe it will take 2-3 months to become a better trader. Once again, thank you very much, OctaFX.

Ready to try OctaFX Champion demo contest yourself? Just register here and accept the challenge!

Supercharged traders awarded:

Syed Yazid from Malaysia won Tesla Model S!

0Cu9xTy.png

OctaFX Supercharged real contest lasted for 1.5 years and now it’s time to unveil the winners! 3179 traders took part in this fierce competition that comprised 20 rounds plus the exciting finish line, and OctaFX team would like to thank all the traders who took part in this contest. We are happy to announce the winners and grant the following prizes that we have prepared:

1. Tesla Model S, an all-electric powerful hatchback goes to Syed Yazid from Malaysia
  2. BMW i3, an urban electric model goes to Chin Heung from Hong Kong
  3. Renault Twizy, a battery-powered electric city car goes to Budi Santoso from Indonesia
  4. The latest Apple iMac goes to Daniel Abella from Spain
  5. The latest Apple MacBook Pro goes to Satriya Agung Wibowo from Indonesia
  6. The latest Apple Macbook Air goes to Erwin Agung Prasetyo from Indonesia
  7. The latest Apple Mac Mini goes to Motie Hayajneh from Jordan
  8. The latest Apple iPad goes to Jia Qi Guo from China
  9. Apple iPhone 6s plus goes to Dira Septria Dwi Sari from Indonesia
  10. Apple iPhone 6s goes to Yohanes Prayoga from Indonesia

During the contest, OctaFX also awarded 20 iPhones 6s’ to the monthly round winners.

For the details on the contest, visit the Supercharged real contest results page and watch the video to witness the winners announced. Stay tuned to read the success stories of the winning traders!

OctaFX hopes that you enjoyed participating in Supercharged real contest. Stay tuned to know about our new contests and promotions first!