Have you been scammed?

Guest David30

Guest David30

I know this question might sound a little bit stupid, but hey I just wanna know how many people out here have been scammed and for how much.

As for me? I have been scammed by different clients before in freelancing about $1,000 in total. Now? I am still doing some freelancing work and continue to do what I love. It has been my source of income. $1,000? Quite big ei? But that amount has made me what I am today, persistent, and hardworking in order to gain back what I lost.

• Root Admin

Interesting question hehe.. Yeah I have been scammed also ..is part of the life...you have to live with it..For how much I have been scammed ...didnt counted any penny I've lost but I think there are few thousands... I call this learning price.. You know the scammers made me understand that not opportunites and not all people are what they claim so I have to make my own judgements. and make my own research before making business with some one..

Speaking of research, I've written with a close friend an e-book called Due Diligence Toolkit to help members do research on online deals to avoid getting scammed. Feel free to check it here

Due Diligence Toolkit

...and I can testify that the DDT e-book Dennis & his friend
wrote is excellent,
only skimmed through it yesterday and was amazed at the information and
amount of ways we, as members are able to check out the site programs...

BEFORE we invest any of our hard earned cash...

It is explained so throughly, even I, as as non-tech person,
am able to understand and follow how to do the research...

Many kudos to ya Dennis,
great job and tremendous tool for anyone NOT wanting to get scammed
in so many sites...

Lately , have been scammed so many times in so many sites,
that I now have to build up a reserve of funds to invest in the sites
I am now able to check out quite throughly, before playing...

Thanks ever so much for sharing this information with us Dennis, you're appreciated !!!

;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest David30

I might want to try that one soon. It pays to be extra careful than being sorry in the end. I am quite happy to know that there people who would not just give up even if awful things have already happened to them, just like you Dennis, I am grateful you did a wonderful job in helping other people avoid being scammed.

Guest Rose223

I wanna share my experience on getting these kind of emails which sometimes can be very tempting to answer back because of recession and could use the extra money. These emails sent to me from different countries and the latest which was a few days ago from South Africa, from a women artist that needs someone to help here get her cheques from Canada and the US cashed for her.

anybody received such emails?

I wanna share my experience on getting these kind of emails which sometimes can be very tempting to answer back because of recession and could use the extra money. These emails sent to me from different countries and the latest which was a few days ago from South Africa, from a women artist that needs someone to help here get her cheques from Canada and the US cashed for her.

anybody received such emails?

yeah, I have experienced that myself too. They even claimed that their father or husband with a high position in their country died and that they need cashout the money without being noticed from their country.

true very tempting but I did not buy it. :P

• 3 weeks later...

As i remember i was got scammed $300 by Ad-Market.org + $150 by Frogress + $180 by Nextectraffic + $80 by Buxout

Loss much and earn very less :(

• 1 month later...
Guest Jutawan
yeah, I have experienced that myself too. They even claimed that their father or husband with a high position in their country died and that they need cashout the money without being noticed from their country.

true very tempting but I did not buy it. :P

Just got this type of e-mails ( Now using 3 girls name ) but i just wanna see where it goes.... will keep all of you posted. :thumbup:

About 10. 12 yrs ago,

I have learned the hard way, crashed system, NOT to open ANY site that I'm not familiar with the sender...

Helps keep your system a lot cleaner and you don't end of throwing money down the toilet...

Just thought I'd toss this out to ya folks, so maybe YOU won't have to learn the hard way...

:thumbsup: ...:cheers:... ;)

I'm a coffee drinker, straight coffee, no flavors{of any kind}

But I do enjoy a beer, once in awhile...

• 1 month later...
About 10. 12 yrs ago,

I have learned the hard way, crashed system, NOT to open ANY site that I'm not familiar with the sender...

Helps keep your system a lot cleaner and you don't end of throwing money down the toilet...

Just thought I'd toss this out to ya folks, so maybe YOU won't have to learn the hard way...

:thumbsup: ...:cheers:... ;)

I'm a coffee drinker, straight coffee, no flavors{of any kind}

But I do enjoy a beer, once in awhile...

Good advice. I have been scammed also. it is so sad when we can not trust any more. I have learned to go into a new venture with eyes wide open!

• Root Admin
Good advice. I have been scammed also. it is so sad when we can not trust any more. I have learned to go into a new venture with eyes wide open!

Yep.must of us learned this tough lesson the hard way.but hey..We learned it :thumbsup: Thats why I basically launched this forum , to express our feelings about an opportunity without any limits and to watch how programs perform over the time.. More brains are better than one :thumbup: :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been a slow learner! Becoming a bit more cautious these days, but still optimistic :thumbup:

Have set myself a strict set of criteria, as detailed on my blog, but am sure I can learn a few tips from the abovementioned ebook. Will go check it out now.

Cheers,

Phil(aussiegold)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

my answer to this question is YES. being an online worker, we are prone to this these things. i think i have lost almost $10 to a payment processor that had closed. and a dollar to hyip site. so be careful guys! :wacko:

what? you only lost less than $10? you are so lucky... i think most of us have more than that. I think I have more than $50 but not more than $100. you lucky girl.

what? you only lost less than $10? you are so lucky... i think most of us have more than that. I think I have more than $50 but not more than $100. you lucky girl.

i don't consider it to be lucky lol i think i'm stupid for not figured it out right away. i haven't lost such amount like you guys because i don't let my money stay on my account for a long time. i transfer it to my local exchanger right away if it reach $14. B) and im not engaging myself into risky investments like making high deposits in hyip. i joined only for $1. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived