We have a brand new contest on TopGoldForum with $30 cash prizes. Enroll now and win

Advertise your business on Top Gold Forum today for as low as $100 per month. Contact us.
Sign in to follow this  
Rose223

SEO what about it?

Okay, we often heard about SEO and how it can change the lives of the many webmasters or web-entrepreneurs when it comes to making it on top of the rank.

Yes, people who do own websites and would want to get noticed and gained more traffic to their sites do often rely on having their very own SEO team or hire a company or a freelancer to do the SEO for them. But what is really SEO?

SEO is search engine optimization as to my understanding and knowledge gathered being much of a freelancer it is a process wherein a website will work it's way up to the top page of google, yahoo, msn and other search engines. But specifically it's google's search engine that these webmasters are working about.

It takes about 3-4 months in order for google to have your site noticed and be on the top rank, others do the "black hat" or underground procedure to get google crawl to a website.

One that would really make a website get noticed by google and other search engines is through content which is written and designed for SEO purposes. Other method? It's more of a technical thingy which only the webmasters do know.

• Like 1

A very interesting thread you have here, it answered some of my questions regarding SEO and why do a lot of people got gaga over it and want to race on top of google.

A very interesting thread you have here, it answered some of my questions regarding SEO and why do a lot of people got gaga over it and want to race on top of google.

I am glad that it helped in a way. It's really important that we know all these kind of stuff when most of our lives depend on the internet.

If you got more inputs, please feel free to post so we can help more people to know more internet stuff.

Great job Rose. This is the beauty of having good members on the forum. We can help each other by sharing ideas and knowledge. Keep it coming Rose, as well as to the rest of the members. ;)

Great Job there Rose223! I just wanna add that SEO can aid in an entrepreneur's quest of being on top of the line in against competitors. Therefore, more sales coming.

You're right Rose that content is important to be noticed on google.

I think you can get indexed very quickly on google by backlinks.

Have your website linked with many good quality, robot crawled websites.

You can get to top page of google quickly if your websites has good backlinks

that google looks at everyday. Another thing is to create a sitemap and

submit it to google webmaster tools.

Google Engineer (Matt Cutts) mentioned to have enough links to find your

site useful. Then they will index you quicker.

I hope this helped and good luck in whatever it is you.

To get a higher page rank just exchange a link with a site that above PR6,but to make a real progress

some as friend said wait for sometime

1.update your site regularly

2.Place keywords properly

3.place meta keywords relevant

4.use tools like WEBCEO to better understand the site.

5.Finally submit your site to directories like freesubmission.com,sitepromoter.co.cc and many more available online.

I have been doing SEO for my own website for the past few years....SEO is one of the most effective things you can do online, getting your web site optimized in such a way that the search engines will reward you by basically sending traffic your way.

well, the fact that most people think that sites to get to the top requires is the fact that google updates their pr data within 3-4 months. but that does not mean it requires that time. you can get into google with just one day if you have enough backlinks.

Interesting. I am not a master regarding SEO but I do know what it is all about. Though I do not know about its entirety, especially how it is to be done and how does it work, i really have no idea about that matter. I needed more information to know that. It might be useful on my profession. Thanks and cheer up for these comments.. It helped somehow.

Interesting. I am not a master regarding SEO but I do know what it is all about. Though I do not know about its entirety, especially how it is to be done and how does it work, i really have no idea about that matter. I needed more information to know that. It might be useful on my profession. Thanks and cheer up for these comments.. It helped somehow.

Your very humble pjb. Your blog has PR2 without even updating it for six months. What's your secret when you filled the content?

================================================

I'm an Asian so I trade with Instaforex - Asia's #1 broker!

================================================

Your very humble pjb. Your blog has PR2 without even updating it for six months. What's your secret when you filled the content?

i dont have secret. i just dont know how i got that PR..hehe and its not PR2, its PR3... and as i said i still wish to improve that PR more and more.... i will comply that maybe next year.

SEO is not really that simple as its definition is, but bottom line is, that if website is well optimize both for on page and off page SEO, you generally get higher search engine rankings, which Leeds to traffic for you. There are two main phases of SEO process.

• On Page Optimization

• Off Page Optimization

These two factors can improve Page Rank....

I'm doing my own SEO also, getting to google page one is not hard and i have found it can be done within a short time, this is not using very obscure keyword either, getting into the top 3 positions im finding very hard tho.

I have personally found that targeting 1 to 3 keywords is best, once 1 is on page 1 of google, ill then move in another keyword from a list i have created previously ( which is also time consuming, checking keywords of competitors, weeding out keywords that are "abused" etc).

When i have tried to target 10-15 keywords at once, i find it much more difficult, but this is only my experience, and im still teaching myself.