• Create Account
Welcome to Top Gold Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Global

Photo

What's with social networking sites?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Honey

Honey

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 11 posts
I often bumped into articles about social networking sites and how people do earn money from them. I often wonder how and would like to know if earning money through these sites is indeed for real so that I can mimic such strategies from other people.

Any point of views regarding this matter?

Jwood

Jwood

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 42 posts
honey your right...well,same as yours here...im also wondering, coz most of the people already doin that and most of them say that its easy...and it sounds very interesting...

hope someone could give us some help regarding to this one.... smile.gif

Cindy

Cindy

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 29 posts
I am still new in this online money making stuff but I've heard from few people I've known that websites earn money through their traffic. If your website generate a lot of traffic, it's very attractive to advertisers (who seeks websites with good traffic) who wants to display their ad.

Hope somebody can validate this info I have gathered.

Cindy

Cindy

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 29 posts
more info i've researched: traffic is really important in a website, however the question would be how to keep that traffic in social networking sites. Answer: if the concept of the site is good and they can keep the people together then I don't see any reason why money won't follow.

P2P promotions, targeted ads are just some ways to sustain the site.

hope this would help. more to come.

Dianne9

Dianne9

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 26 posts
QUOTE (Cindy @ Apr 6 2009, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
more info i've researched: traffic is really important in a website, however the question would be how to keep that traffic in social networking sites. Answer: if the concept of the site is good and they can keep the people together then I don't see any reason why money won't follow.

P2P promotions, targeted ads are just some ways to sustain the site.

hope this would help. more to come.

I agree to this. It is a fact that traffic is the main thing we need for the website to earn and sustain. But the ultimate goal is to know how to keep that going.

Rose223

Rose223

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 57 posts
some ways to earn money online (from what i have read):

1. gaining top position in the search engines, preferably in Google
2. blogging and anchoring backlink in order to connect as many people as you can to form online business friends/partners so to gain the advantage of aiding each other grow in the search engine rankings to bring in targeted buying traffic to your site

Jwood

Jwood

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 42 posts
heard from one of my blogger friends, things you need to succeed in making money online are:

A positive attitude
Perseverance
The desire to succeed

wink.gif

ladynwite

ladynwite

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 26 posts
It's really hard to say if you can actually make money, so many of them
are pretty new..but they are taking the internet by storm.
P.S. Here's a free Money making e-book for you just for
reading my article.
http://alturl.com/a7wr

jewelrybuyerfl

jewelrybuyerfl

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (Honey @ Mar 14 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I often bumped into articles about social networking sites and how people do earn money from them. I often wonder how and would like to know if earning money through these sites is indeed for real so that I can mimic such strategies from other people.

Any point of views regarding this matter?

Hi Honey,

Social networking sites are a great way to 'touch' people with common interests. It's in those common interests that you can market. Lets say you join a group of 500 people that are all into sailing. With social networking sites, when you post EVERY one of those 500 friends gets a notification or message on their section of that post. You don't post anything that is blatant self-promotion... but something this is both going to be of interest to the entire group AND promote an item that has the potential to make you money. Lets say you are a travel company that joins this group.... you can occasionally and tastefully post if you ever offer a sailing vacation. You then join many sailing groups across the web.... so instead of touching 500 people, maybe now you're touching 50,000 people. Post the same offer, again in a non-promotional way... and you'll probably get a percentage of conversions. Especially because you have a targeted group promoting a product or service they are uniquely interested in.

Hope this helps a bit wink.gif

Mary

Mary

Top Money Maker

• Moderators
  • 890 posts
well thats something new to me...thanx for the explaination jewelrybuyerfl smile.gif

Akposking

Akposking

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 26 posts
Thanks for that article jewlry

kashif

kashif

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 29 posts
Today the social networking sites are increasing at a fast pace on internet. Each with its own features and new characteristics But Earning money through these social networking sites are quite complex. You can not earn much money from these sites like you get from affiliate marketing or doing business online. If you want to earn decent income, you must be an active member on these sites and uploading quality stuff to get good ranking.

skylady

skylady

Global Moderator

• SuperMod
  • 4,052 posts
Depends how the program is set up...

Most are set up to make money for the owner...

Only a few give much consideration to what the members will accomplish...

Socialtide, well the closest we can come to naming it, is a Social-Affiliate program...

100% of the commissions goes to the members, Socialtide is a Foundation and our goal is to help members to become Self-Sufficient in every way of their lives... so they can follow their Dreams... plus a Whole Lot More...

May be just what you're looking for...

Free to join for the time being and we are a friendly bunch...

At the Socialtide Topic, in the Affiliates catagory, you'll have find a recording of What we are and how the program works, in simple easy to understand language... Post #4 is the one to read...

This will give you the information you need to decide if this is for you...

Thanks folks,

skylady Posted Image

Visual it being so...
And it shall be...

Andry

Andry

Top Money Maker

• Members
  • 588 posts
Social networking site is more popular now and many people spent much of their times in front of computer with social networking site. Many people loved to make friends from cyber world now. It saved much times and costs than we must meet each other in real world but sometimes it's not too good for us. If we are too often using cyber world, we will be weird person :D

neng

neng

Money Maker

• Members
  • 246 posts
with social networking sites we got to meet a lot of people from
different corners of the world, like in the case of my facebook
account I have so many friends enlisted since we are both playing
the same games, just in case i have something to sell in the future
I hope they will also avail and purchase some :)

cnbc

cnbc

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 59 posts

with social networking sites we got to meet a lot of people from
different corners of the world, like in the case of my facebook
account I have so many friends enlisted since we are both playing
the same games, just in case i have something to sell in the future
I hope they will also avail and purchase some :)

i never open my facebook and twitter account again. i don't have time. i prefer to socialize through forums. it is really benefit. while we socialize, we can earn cash. i only use facebook to sell something, but currently i don't have any items to sell, so i am lazy to open my facebook.

neng

neng

Money Maker

• Members
  • 246 posts

i never open my facebook and twitter account again. i don't have time. i prefer to socialize through forums. it is really benefit. while we socialize, we can earn cash. i only use facebook to sell something, but currently i don't have any items to sell, so i am lazy to open my facebook.

how will you be able to sell your item to your friends list when you are seldom opening your facebook, you know what i mean, they might think that you will just contact them when you are offering something. Well i hope you will not be misjudge by that

Andry

Andry

Top Money Maker

• Members
  • 588 posts
@cnbc
Oh you're really a businessman friend hahaha... If me, I used facebook just to connect to my friends and talked each other. I don't have too much times too when I opened facebook account. I prefer to use forum too but I still spent time to open it to say hi to my friends there because almost all of my friends will update status or leave messages there.

phoenix88

phoenix88

Money Maker

• Members
  • 213 posts

how will you be able to sell your item to your friends list when you are seldom opening your facebook, you know what i mean, they might think that you will just contact them when you are offering something. Well i hope you will not be misjudge by that

I think he has mentioned that he ha no items to sell at this moment, that makes him to not active on the facebook.

Andry

Andry

Top Money Maker

• Members
  • 588 posts
@phoenix
There are many advestising in there in facebook. So what is the benefits if we placed advertising in there if we can promote without any bucks to spend. Do you know what is the benefit?