• Create Account
Welcome to Top Gold Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Global

Photo

Upside Down Car Loan - Need Help/advice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

diane.jsmith

diane.jsmith

• Members
  • 8 posts
I have a 9% interest on Nissan Quest currently valued between $6,000-8,000. The balance on my loan is $20,000 on a 60-mo loan. I pay $500/mo. Credit scores are 586, 607, 622. I've been paying since March 2006. I would like to get out of this loan asap b/c I'm spending a little under $25 of my net income just on the note.

Here are my options as I see them:

1. Keep the car for the remainder of the loan.

2. Shop the car around for the best trade-in value and seriously downgrade to get my payments for managable. (I'm thinking whatever equity in the car may cancel out some of the loan if I downgrade. For example, $20,000 - $6000 = $14,000). Buy cash car for $2500.

3. Refinance (I don't think I qualify for anything lower than 9%). or Pay down debt wait a year and refinance.

Any other ideas?

Goldrush

Goldrush

New Money Maker

• Members
  • 10 posts
Question is do you still love driving your car? If you think you want to save your budget then I would choose number 2 and downgrade, anyway, the most important part is you can have access on roads without hassle.
Get free debt advice to reduce your debt