I Commited A Crime By Downloading A Song!

pjbabia

Recently I saw a video from youtube. The title of the song is "Don't download this song" I like the song, i like its melody. But i just downloaded it. huhuhhu

dont imitate me by downloading that song.

Lyrics:

Once in a while

Maybe you will feel the urge.

To break into national copyright law

By downloading mp3s

From file sharing sites

Like Morpheus, or Grokster, or LimeWire, or Kazaa.

But deep in your Heart.

You know the guilt would drive you mad

And the shame would leave a permanent scar

Cause you start out stealing songs

Then you’re robbing liquor stores

And selling Crack

And running over school kids with your car

[Chorus]

So Don’t Download This Song

The record store is where you belong

Go and buy the CD like you know that you should

Oh Don’t Download This Song

Oh you don’t want to mess

With the R I Double A

They’ll sue you if you burn that CD-R.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a grandma

Or a seven year old girl

They’ll treat you like the evil Hard-bitten criminal scum you are

[Chorus]

So Don’t Download This Song (don’t go)

Pirating music all day long

Go and buy the CD like you know that you should

[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/w/weird-al-yankovic-lyrics/don_t-download-this-song-lyrics.html]

Don’t take away money

From artists just like me

How else can I afford another solid gold Hum V

And diamond studded swimming pools

These things don’t grow on trees

So all I ask is everybody Pleaseeeeee

[Chorus]

Don’t Download This Song (Don’t do it No No)

Even Lars Urlich Know it’s wrong (You could just ask him)

Go and buy the CD like you know that you should (You Really Should)

Don’t Download This Song (Oh please don’t you do it or you)

Might Wind up in Jail like Tommy Chong (Remember Tommy)

Go and buy the CD (Right Now) like you know that you should (Go out and Buy it)

Oh Don’t Download This Song.

Don’t Download This Song (No no no no no no)

Or you’ll burn in hell before to long (And you deserve it)

Go and buy the CD (Just buy it) like you know that you should (You cheap bastard)

In class, we have a subject called Computer Ethics, and it was my time to do the class discussion as part of oral grades. I actually showed that music video to my classmates. I cannot show then online because our computer in class room do not have internet connection. So the only solution is to download it. I also liked to share this video to my peers who dont go online often. The only way to show it to them is to download it. Now there i go!

Another thing is that, I put it in my sister's MP4 player so that i can listen to it again with out being in front of the computer.

Nice song! sounds like "we are the world" but not much :)

But there are times I do download songs too, because not all the time I am in front of PC

yes that is absolutely the reason why i downloaded the song. I cannot share that song (which was important for me to share in the class) if i wont download the song.. I made a song it is almost the same tune as this song... So you have to agree with me that I like the song very much...hehehe

• 5 weeks later...

nice animation but kids should not watch this because it's too scary for them. :ohmy: :wacko: maybe it's their way of making them more scared. and why do they blame us people for downloading it, when it's those sites that keep us from doing bad. for the artists make your cd's cheaper so we can afford it. :laugh:

which part of the animation is scary? the first part? the kid doing a "zombie" stance? he is just being "hypnotised" to go to computer and get tempted to download and do some piracy...

almost everything when he was caught by the authorities. yes i know that he was just hypnotized, but i don't think that kids will already understand what that word means. they will not look for the big picture but for every scene that they see. so with the right explanation from us adults i think they can still get the message that simple stealing can lead to nowhere, and it will ruin their life. :blink:

almost everything when he was caught by the authorities. yes i know that he was just hypnotized, but i don't think that kids will already understand what that word means. they will not look for the big picture but for every scene that they see. so with the right explanation from us adults i think they can still get the message that simple stealing can lead to nowhere, and it will ruin their life. :blink:

ok i understand what you mean. Then you should not show that video to your child(ren). For the artist. I really admire his talent. He is Weird Al Yankovic, google it. He was the singer for the song "You don't Love Me Anymore"

"We've been together for so very long, but not things have changed oh i wonder what's wrong.."

"Something's funny tells me, you don't love me anymore"....

thats just a few lines of the lyrics of that song.

ok i understand what you mean. Then you should not show that video to your child(ren). For the artist. I really admire his talent. He is Weird Al Yankovic, google it. He was the singer for the song "You don't Love Me Anymore"

"We've been together for so very long, but not things have changed oh i wonder what's wrong.."

"Something's funny tells me, you don't love me anymore"....

thats just a few lines of the lyrics of that song.

i'm not married yet so i don't have kids lol. well i have nothing against the singer, he got a nice voice, really! so thats why he sounds familiar, i know the song "you don't love me anymore" we have a local version of that here too. thanks for the info! B)

i'm not married yet so i don't have kids lol. well i have nothing against the singer, he got a nice voice, really! so thats why he sounds familiar, i know the song "you don't love me anymore" we have a local version of that here too. thanks for the info! B)

what local version? you mean, the one sang by Micheal V.?

• 3 weeks later...

I never knew this song so I never listened this song before hahaha... Seems like that is funny song and I read many people like the songs, I will try to download this too :D

me too, just found out about it here. but i think you don't need to download it because you will commit a crime by doing that lol. anyway it's just a reminder for people stealing songs from the internet (piracy) when what they should do is to buy the original copy to help this singers make some money. :smile:

Archived