Lose your money with PayPal!

Guest Krivonos

Guest Krivonos

My friend sold audio equipment to somebody, and accepted 1000 EUR by PayPal for it. Then he luckily transferred the funds to his bank account, and then, listen to this: the buyer said that the item is broken. He complained to PayPal, and they demanded that my friend pays 1000 EUR back to PayPal. Otherwise, PayPal threatens to sue him. Is it normal?

I don't understand why people use systems such as PayPal? What are advantages of PayPal over other systems?

Not to mention, that it's controlled by US government. Why endanger your money...

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

That's really a bummer, Krivonos, sorry this happened, but there's people that pull that stunt huh.gif

All I can say is since I've started using the ID protection { the added numbers you put in when logging, in from the little PayPal device} I haven't had any problem with my money being stolen...

Previously had someone steal money about once a year...

Been with PayPal for 20 years +

smile.gif

Yea, it's all about convenience. And marketing.

Really, PayPal sucks, but the fault is not 100% theirs.

That's why I don't sell with PayPal, I only use it for some private transfers.

But guess what, I don't use any other system that is connected to the interbanking system. So I don't accept credit cards.

Because from the moment you are accepting such kind of transfers, you won't even be sued, your account can suffer a charge back, plus a chargeback fee, that will leave you with less money than you too as revenue.

• 4 months later...

people use paypal, because of its protection schemes. unlike the other ecurrencies. for example lr is just one way transfer only. there is no choice of getting your funds back once the transfer is done.

Its also worth mentioning that with LR once your account is hacked they wouldn't do anything.

@cashmaster

Yes in LibertyReserve there is no reverse when you made mistakes to transfer in wrong account. But the protection of LR is higher in security than PayPal I think. Liberty Reserve used 3 kind of passwords and PayPal only used one password. But all kind of e-currency, there will be any limitation, hackers could hack both of them. So for me, PayPal is good enough although I read many people who disappoointed with it. So far, I never experienced any problems with Paypal.

• 1 month later...

So far I think Paypal the best...safer and regulated..but for this case..do Paypal investigate the buyer claim? I mean..the buyer suppose to show some proof that the goods has defect right?

what do you mean that the buyer need to show some proofs that the goods has defects? you mean tthe goods must not have some defects?

what do you mean that the buyer need to show some proofs that the goods has defects? you mean tthe goods must not have some defects?

I mean if a buyer suddenly claim that the goods that they received got problem or defects, they need to provide the evidende from what they claim..if not, everyone can claim and misuse this function which is the main purpose is to protect the buyer and in the same time did not make any hardship to the seller after they send the goods.

Paypal is not allowed in our country. how to have a verified paypal from other country?

Use a vcc to verify it.

So far I think Paypal the best...safer and regulated..but for this case..do Paypal investigate the buyer claim? I mean..the buyer suppose to show some proof that the goods has defect right?

He's referring to cases with items bought from ebay should a buyer provide proof or not. But I think that doesn't matter much once you click the button asking for your money back.

Archived